Jump to content




Recommended Posts


Have at it folks. This should be good. 

Sheppard gets gifted a win after contact between Max and Rudolph on the last lap takes each other out.

Justin Wright though with the story of the race with a VERY impressive third place run including passing some of the top names in the business after falling back to 7th at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened at a baseline? Saw it was like .041 between them with one to go on scoring then caution and then they were out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last lap, 1st/2nd battle.Rudolph ran max into 1 hard, two lap cars in front of them each, max ran Rudolph hard into 3 and collected each other. Yellow. Green white Sheppard wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erick passed max clean while battling 2 lapped cars....erick chose the right lane and 6 did not.....Max hammers the throttle going into 3 because he got passed.......real professional I’m sure nascar will love that 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Justracing44 said:

Last lap, 1st/2nd battle.Rudolph ran max into 1 hard, two lap cars in front of them each, max ran Rudolph hard into 3 and collected each other. Yellow. Green white Sheppard wins

I was standing in the pits they did not collect eachother....Max got beat and didn’t like it....gassed it hard into Rudolph

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shyglizzy said:

I was standing in the pits they did not collect eachother....Max got beat and didn’t like it....gassed it hard into Rudolph

Thanks for update. My vantage point thought it was hard racing. Hopefully they aren’t parked next to each other !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

max part timer doesnt give a shit, got passed by a pro , then #6 had a melt down, wouldnt even been in the lead if he didnt draw p1 ,

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shyglizzy said:

Erick passed max clean while battling 2 lapped cars....erick chose the right lane and 6 did not.....Max hammers the throttle going into 3 because he got passed.......real professional I’m sure nascar will love that 

Based on the video that DIRTcar released, this description seems accurate. 

I hope Max's throttle was stuck or something like that, because if that was intentional, it was a really dirty move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video can be found here, pretty clear cut that this is all on max . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most bone headed decisions I’ve ever seen. Only someone that has never paid for a piece of equipment would make a move like that. He drove 99 laps on that track he knew damn well what he was doing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Max has apologized via Twitter.

Yea nice apology 

He hit me so I hit him I just missed sorry.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job by Justin Wright. Not real surprised Hearn wasnt there but no Steve Paine or Eldon Payne seems odd when they run there weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lousy move by Max driving through Erik. There might have been some contact the corner before but Max was way out of line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone that is upset. Would you have preferred the race been a bore fest? What we seen last night was the good and bad of good hard racing. No less on a slick track with time trials. Max ran a perfect race till 2 laps to go. Rudolph was what I expected Sheppard to be tonight. About perfect. In the end most of all fans had to be surprised who won. Including the winner himself Matt Sheppard. His interview was priceless. And so is Sheppard fan too. He’s still probably pinching himself still thinking it’s just a dream Matt won. Lol. Can’t believe how many fans are calling Max out. He made a mistake. He apologize for it. For everyone calling him out I ask one question? Are you perfect?  In the end that was damn good entertainment tonight. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, montess said:

For everyone that is upset. Would you have preferred the race been a bore fest? What we seen last night was the good and bad of good hard racing. No less on a slick track with time trials. Max ran a perfect race till 2 laps to go. Rudolph was what I expected Sheppard to be tonight. About perfect. In the end most of all fans had to be surprised who won. Including the winner himself Matt Sheppard. His interview was priceless. And so is Sheppard fan too. He’s still probably pinching himself still thinking it’s just a dream Matt won. Lol. Can’t believe how many fans are calling Max out. He made a mistake. He apologize for it. For everyone calling him out I ask one question? Are you perfect?  In the end that was damn good entertainment tonight. 

It's one thing to move a guy out of the way (the dreaded "rubbin's racing" term), but Max treated that last corner like it was a freaking video game. There was no way, NO WAY that was gonna work.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Max has apologized via Twitter.

nice ,this isnt napcar, twitter isnt gonna fix this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rudolph did bump McLaughlin making the pass in turn one to take over the lead, but it was very slight. Nothing anyone could call "dirty."

And I also think some people here are way too critical of McLaughlin. The guy was going for his first ever Super DIRT Series win. Yep, he dumped himself and Rudolph. If his dive to the bottom for a major slide job had worked, you'd all be saying it was the most brilliant move you had seen in years. Instead, it turned into disaster. I'll bet everything I own that it wasn't intentional, it was just taking the one chance he had to regain the lead and it failed.

Here is another thing... who apologizes for something they intended to do?

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did his 'apology' say it was a slide job gone wrong? No one could see what happened and really believe it was intended to be a slide job. There was no room whatsoever. He totally wrecked Rudolph. The apology I'm sure was mandated  from Heinke as he used to be a sponsor on some of Ericks cars and surely knew it was a low class move.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, macho said:

Did his 'apology' say it was a slide job gone wrong? No one could see what happened and really believe it was intended to be a slide job. There was no room whatsoever. He totally wrecked Rudolph. The apology I'm sure was mandated  from Heinke as he used to be a sponsor on some of Ericks cars and surely knew it was a low class move.

I’m pretty sure Mohawk is still on the bottom rear quarter panel on Erick’s car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, montess said:

For everyone that is upset. Would you have preferred the race been a bore fest? What we seen last night was the good and bad of good hard racing. No less on a slick track with time trials. Max ran a perfect race till 2 laps to go. Rudolph was what I expected Sheppard to be tonight. About perfect. In the end most of all fans had to be surprised who won. Including the winner himself Matt Sheppard. His interview was priceless. And so is Sheppard fan too. He’s still probably pinching himself still thinking it’s just a dream Matt won. Lol. Can’t believe how many fans are calling Max out. He made a mistake. He apologize for it. For everyone calling him out I ask one question? Are you perfect?  In the end that was damn good entertainment tonight. 

You call it what you want, to me it was a blatant display of frustration. He realized he just got beat, and didn't want to accept it, nothing more nothing less! Was not a matter of being perfect or not, perfection had nothing to do with it! HBR should be embarrassed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



















×