Sign in to follow this  
zzz

How was the Show at OC Last Night?

Track was smooth and slick. Lap times for 358's were 25 and 26 seconds for the feature. Even though the track was slower, the racing was real good. Been a long time since I have seen guys run as high on the track as they were last night. Perrego was the class of the field in the 358's as he easily won both features. Came from 9th or 10th in the second feature.

The sprint race had it's own excitement. Again guys were using every inch of the race surface. Danny Dietrich ended up winning when race leader Gerald McIntyre caught the outside wall off of turn 2. Before that happend Dietrich was using the extreme inside through 3 and 4 while McIntyre was way on the outside all the way around. Dietrich was catching him and prolly would have made the pass for the win regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sprints had the wrong tires there. They'll be better when they come back.

Modified's were excellent. Bottom to top, though the top petered out in the second feature. Another foot and they'd have been dragging the bumpers across the concrete they were so far up.

Track surface reminded me A LOT of what we've had at Oswego the last couple years.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Now I'm even more interested in purchasing the Centennial weekend race...I hope they offer a live stream package. 

This Thursday will tell the tale. One division show but mostly big blocks, 100 laps plus all the heats. Testing Sunday showed the same characteristics as Saturday night so I expect three lanes to work with Thurs. With no sprints to blow off the top it should be there almost all night.