Sign in to follow this  
dlouisb131

Did the Valley’s features happen tonight?

Race Monitor shows results for the small block heats, sprint car heats, and the sprint car dash. Did the features get in?  Did it rain?

8 hours ago, dlouisb131 said:

Race Monitor shows results for the small block heats, sprint car heats, and the sprint car dash. Did the features get in?  Did it rain?

I didn't get the results of the small block heats either.

Heffner won 358's, Zearfoss won ASCOC. 19 sprints 

I thought the racing was decent. There was a good battle shaping up in the sprints once the leader got into lapped traffic until the red for the 3rd place car Reutzel getting upside down in 4. Stewart went to the back after an early spin and put on a show coming back up through the field on the high side. 

Heffner got the lead early in the mod race and was never really challenged, all though the top 4 remained close the entire race. 

I was surprised on how light the crowd was. Look like a typical Sat. night crowd, 50/50 I think was around $3500. Back in the WOO days I remember being 10K. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

Heffner won 358's, Zearfoss won ASCOC. 19 sprints 

I thought the racing was decent. There was a good battle shaping up in the sprints once the leader got into lapped traffic until the red for the 3rd place car Reutzel getting upside down in 4. Stewart went to the back after an early spin and put on a show coming back up through the field on the high side. 

Heffner got the lead early in the mod race and was never really challenged, all though the top 4 remained close the entire race. 

I was surprised on how light the crowd was. Look like a typical Sat. night crowd, 50/50 I think was around $3500. Back in the WOO days I remember being 10K. 

Bid difference between the WoO and the all-stars imo. Sure some say they put on a better show but the outlaws draw the fans.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Bid difference between the WoO and the all-stars imo. Sure some say they put on a better show but the outlaws draw the fans.  

Correct. There isn't a bigger brand in dirt racing than the WoO sprints. No matter where they go the crowds are MASSIVE. I almost caught myself being guilty of pushing off the AllStars as a "B" show when they came to Fonda in 2010. So glad I didn't as that was one of the best shows I've ever seen with Tyler Walker and Daryn Pittman battling for the win in the last 3 laps. 

• Like 3

I wonder why they stopped going to the Valley. I know the drivers didnt like it but that had been the case for years. 

At one point, Tony Stewart in a sprint car was arguably a bigger draw than the WoO, but that ship has sailed. 

I’m also shocked that a race paying $1k to start got 19 cars. 

4 minutes ago, con7 said:

I wonder why they stopped going to the Valley. I know the drivers didnt like it but that had been the case for years. 

At one point, Tony Stewart in a sprint car was arguably a bigger draw than the WoO, but that ship has sailed. 

I’m also shocked that a race paying $1k to start got 19 cars. 

The problem with the 410’s at the valley is your not bringing your 360 sprint there where a lot of the other races some local 360’s show up and fill out the feild. 

41 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

The problem with the 410’s at the valley is your not bringing your 360 sprint there where a lot of the other races some local 360’s show up and fill out the feild. 

Clearly I'm not a racer or a car owner...but, IIRC with the historical low car counts for the All-star show and then some years with the WoO at the Valley, why wouldn't a 360 show up as a start and park for the $1000 to start? Last year they had 22 and the year before they had 25, but they started all of them. 2016 was the last time a car that showed up didn't get to start the A-main. 

Obviously it's a little bit of a gamble as you never truly know how many cars are going to show up and if somehow 24 or more real 410s show up, you're definitely in for a tough night. 

12 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Clearly I'm not a racer or a car owner...but, IIRC with the historical low car counts for the All-star show and then some years with the WoO at the Valley, why wouldn't a 360 show up as a start and park for the $1000 to start? Last year they had 22 and the year before they had 25, but they started all of them. 2016 was the last time a car that showed up didn't get to start the A-main. 

Obviously it's a little bit of a gamble as you never truly know how many cars are going to show up and if somehow 24 or more real 410s show up, you're definitely in for a tough night. 

So we want to turn it into the xifinty series and have a bunch of start and parks show up?

Crowd was light for sure. Maybe it was light because the most exciting part of the evening was Lucas Wolfe flipping and hitting the lap counter in Turn 1 during the feature. Other than that I was not impressed much. Sprints are fast but speed doesn't always produce good racing. Winner started on the pole and lead every lap. Reminded me of the Outlaws. Has anyone ever won a 410 sprint car feature at LV that didn't start on the front row??? Serious question. If I had to guess maybe 2 or 3 and I'm being generous I think. Man I wish they would run the big blocks with the sprints like they used to. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, happyracer said:

Crowd was light for sure. Maybe it was light because the most exciting part of the evening was Lucas Wolfe flipping and hitting the lap counter in Turn 1 during the feature. Other than that I was not impressed much. Sprints are fast but speed doesn't always produce good racing. Winner started on the pole and lead every lap. Reminded me of the Outlaws. Has anyone ever won a 410 sprint car feature at LV that didn't start on the front row??? Serious question. If I had to guess maybe 2 or 3 and I'm being generous I think. Man I wish they would run the big blocks with the sprints like they used to. 

I agree 100% with all of this.  I thought Lucas Wolfe was headed for the clubhouse. High speed freight racing for sure.

19 minutes ago, slojunk91 said:

I agree 100% with all of this.  I thought Lucas Wolfe was headed for the clubhouse. High speed freight racing for sure.

If I recall that was the man reason why the outlaw drivers always hated going there.   The speed of the 410’s are unbelievable there but it’s not really ever much of a race.  

However when it was the WoO the place was jammed pack.  

18 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

If I recall that was the man reason why the outlaw drivers always hated going there.   The speed of the 410’s are unbelievable there but it’s not really ever much of a race.  

However when it was the WoO the place was jammed pack.  

I remember 50/50 being $10k for WoO back in the day. Last night was $3 grand.  Sacrificing high speed for good racing. Stewart did some high side passing after his spin I admit though.

1 hour ago, slojunk91 said:

I remember 50/50 being $10k for WoO back in the day. Last night was $3 grand.  Sacrificing high speed for good racing. Stewart did some high side passing after his spin I admit though.

Ya I remember the night kinser won and got $10k and him saying crap the 50/50 winner gets more then me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, railbird steve said:

sat nite at woodhull they only got 19 p.s.t. sprinint cars-sprints dont like N.Y ?

Unless you have the ESS most tracks in NY struggle to get a full feild of sprinters 

• Thanks 1

Patriots following is a little smaller this year than it’s been lately. They’ve normally had a full field or darn close to it everywhere they have raced.

I just read on Facebook that Lucas Wolfe has multiple compression fractures to his back from that flip.   

• Sad 1

Is there video of that anywhere and/or the feature? My buddy bailed on me so I went to Middletown with the racecar to test.