4 minutes ago, RJO said:

Cancelled 

Canceled or cancelled is the past tense of the verb to cancel. Both spellings are correct; Americans favor canceled (one L), while cancelled (two Ls) is preferred in British English and other dialects. However, there is only one correct spelling of the word cancellation, no matter where you are.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Canceled or cancelled is the past tense of the verb to cancel. Both spellings are correct; Americans favor canceled (one L), while cancelled (two Ls) is preferred in British English and other dialects. However, there is only one correct spelling of the word cancellation, no matter where you are.

Thank you for pointing that out. I corrected it and hope you can sleep better tonight. Have a great evening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Actually as of right now it's not cancelled, it's postponed - with a rain date TBA. 

But I have a feeling it might get cancelled.

6 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Actually as of right now it's not cancelled, it's postponed - with a rain date TBA. 

But I have a feeling it might get cancelled.

It is totally cancelled with the wristbands able to be used for a discount on any night of racing that costs the same or more.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Thank you Miss Crabtree.  

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

It is totally cancelled with the wristbands able to be used for a discount on any night of racing that costs the same or more.

what a fing joke, rain was in forecast all damn day just stupid to make most teams travel hours only to pull the plug, should have called it this am. 

Forecast I saw was a 50/50 shot. They had to roll the dice because a makeup date is unlikely so they tried for it. Didn't work out. Sucks but it is what it is.

• Like 1

You can stop your crying no one is out there money.

Race fans, our apologies for tonight’s rain out. We tried our hardest to wait it out in the best interest of our fans. We know many of you traveled to be here and that it may be difficult to return to OCFS for another event this year. For this reason fans are being given options. Your race ticket (wristband) is valid as a voucher for any upcoming event (if you purchased reserved seats at $40, you will be given that much in credit towards one or multiple events). If you are unable to return to OCFS this year, we will refund the cost of your tickets as another option. If you purchased online through Ticketmaster, you will be able to request a refund through them, if you bought tickets at the gate, please contact the Speedway office to process the refund. We apologize we were not able to process refunds tonight on the spot, but we assure you we are not in the business of taking fans money without delivering on a show and we will make it right.

• Thanks 2

Maybe ticket sales for there $150 weekend is down so they figured let get them here get there $40 and tell them now it will only cost u $110 if you come back.  Now it sounds like a better deal lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Good lord. Someone always gotta nitpick in every single thread. 

They sure do! Not that long ago I was corrected on here about the difference between a motor (electric) and an engine (combustion). 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Maybe ticket sales for there $150 weekend is down so they figured let get them here get there $40 and tell them now it will only cost u $110 if you come back.  Now it sounds like a better deal lol 

I know we cancelled our rooms and will come to Eastern States instead

2 hours ago, happyracer said:

They sure do! Not that long ago I was corrected on here about the difference between a motor (electric) and an engine (combustion). 

I once said to my dad “The motor in the car.”  He said “ You mean engine”. I know the difference but they are interchangeable. My old red,black,yellow coat from the 90’s even has DIRT Motorsports as the official wording on it. Why doesn’t it say DIRT Enginesports then?  Always someone nitpicking. 

As long as options are given to get money back or use credit for future events that's cool.NOT the option of using credit for   equal or higher events then that's fraud.

Big block teams at brewerton, that bought season passes should ask for a refund. Not only have they lost a bunch of races due to rain and wet grounds, they cancelled tonight’s event because it’s an unbelievable 86 out right now....and shafted them out of racing during centennial weekend....which is to accommodate Larry, billy and pat.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Big block teams at brewerton, that bought season passes should ask for a refund. Not only have they lost a bunch of races due to rain and wet grounds, they cancelled tonight’s event because it’s an unbelievable 86 out right now....and shafted them out of racing during centennial weekend....which is to accommodate Larry, billy and pat.

lol. ummm ok.

did we really land on the moon to?

I'm posting this, from the OCFS facebook page, to quell the misinformation and vitriol from the naysayers, rumor-mongers, and hateful malcontents :       

"    Good morning race fans! Final update for now regarding last night's rain out. We have yet to establish a rain date but will continue to try. Until a rain date is either established or abandoned, online (ticketmaster) customers must wait. If a rain date is established, online customers will already have a ticket, if a date is not set, you will be refunded. If you do not wish to attend the makeup event, you may request a refund from ticketmaster, but not until it has been determined if there will be a rain date. If any of your fellow race fans have yet to see the news that they are eligible for refunds or that their ticket may be used as a voucher for any upcoming event (to be used as credit towards higher ticket price events), please let them know. Our weekly fans know that when we rain out after the start of an event, we issue rainchecks. Being that this was a SDS race, circumstances are different and while we weren't prepared to issue refunds on the spot, it was always our contingency plan to offer eventual refunds or vouchers. To be clear, any information you received at the event or online through unofficial sources that there would be no refunds is incorrect. Anyone saying we never intended to issue refunds until we were called out for not doing it, is just trying to stir the pot. We OBSERVE all kinds of overblown and dishonest reactions on social media, but we do not build our policies on the spot as a reaction to things said online. We have never been and will never be in the business of taking fans' money without delivering a show equal to the value of what they paid."