1 hour ago, blowinblackboogers said:

DaRooster

LOL!  I hope they get it in......the forecast is calling for "a thunderstorm" but as of yet doesn't say when.

mother nature winner;losers all who bought tickets.Hopefully they will all get refunds or credit applied to future events.If some don't get refunds we will SURELY here it here!

5 hours ago, zzz said:

mother nature winner;losers all who bought tickets.Hopefully they will all get refunds or credit applied to future events.If some don't get refunds we will SURELY here it here!

From the OCFS facebook page.  Can't get anymore accommodating than this:

Good morning race fans! Final update for now regarding last night's rain out. We have yet to establish a rain date but will continue to try. Until a rain date is either established or abandoned, online (ticketmaster) customers must wait. If a rain date is established, online customers will already have a ticket, if a date is not set, you will be refunded. If you do not wish to attend the makeup event, you may request a refund from ticketmaster, but not until it has been determined if there will be a rain date. If any of your fellow race fans have yet to see the news that they are eligible for refunds or that their ticket may be used as a voucher for any upcoming event (to be used as credit towards higher ticket price events), please let them know. Our weekly fans know that when we rain out after the start of an event, we issue rainchecks. Being that this was a SDS race, circumstances are different and while we weren't prepared to issue refunds on the spot, it was always our contingency plan to offer eventual refunds or vouchers. To be clear, any information you received at the event or online through unofficial sources that there would be no refunds is incorrect. Anyone saying we never intended to issue refunds until we were called out for not doing it, is just trying to stir the pot. We OBSERVE all kinds of overblown and dishonest reactions on social media, but we do not build our policies on the spot as a reaction to things said online. We have never been and will never be in the business of taking fans' money without delivering a show equal to the value of what they paid."                    

• Thanks 1

There you go people. The world isn't coming to an end people and the track isn't stealing your money. If losing $30/$35 hurts your bank account that much to begin with then maybe you need to find a different hobby to enjoy or just stay locked in your apartment every night. People want answers the second it rains. Hang onto your ticket and give them some time to come up with a plan. Heck I lost my $25 I paid for the Fonda 200 the last year (1996??) Compani was the promoter and the race was rained out. I just moved on and have been back to Fonda probably 150 times since. Now if that happened every week/year then it would be a different story.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, burtonfan1995 said:

This race has been rescheduled for Thursday August 15

That was suppose to be night number one of the $100,000 race. How is that going to work? Stay toned and hold all tickets.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, happyracer said:

If losing $30/$35 hurts your bank account that much to begin with then maybe you need to find a different hobby to enjoy or just stay locked in your apartment every night.

If $35 is such an insignificant amount to you, maybe you should pay the admission for someone who's bank account it does hurt, rather than talk down to them for being less fortunate than you.  

• Like 10

10 hours ago, RJO said:

That was suppose to be night number one of the $100,000 race. How is that going to work? Stay toned and hold all tickets.

RJO...what are you talking about ? The 100  anniversary show is going to be a 3 day event. It has ALWAYS been advertised as 3 stand alone events. There were to be timed runs, heats and feature events each night. NOTHING has changed except for the fact that the winner on Thursday now gets a $10,000 check.

Do you ever do any research before you start bitching ?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

RJO...what are you talking about ? The 100  anniversary show is going to be a 3 day event. It has ALWAYS been advertised as 3 stand alone events. There were to be timed runs, heats and feature events each night. NOTHING has changed except for the fact that the winner on Thursday now gets a $10,000 check.

Do you ever do any research before you start bitching ?

Thursday features a sportsman race and the first leg of our Big Block Modified main event followed by live music from Big Shot, a Billy Joel tribute.  Friday features 358 Small Blocks as the under card to the second Big Block event and live music from Artemis Pyle to follow the racing (FREE with your race tickets).  Then it all goes down on Saturday, 160-laps, $100,000 to win Big Block Modifieds.

17 minutes ago, RJO said:

Thursday features a sportsman race and the first leg of our Big Block Modified main event followed by live music from Big Shot, a Billy Joel tribute.  Friday features 358 Small Blocks as the under card to the second Big Block event and live music from Artemis Pyle to follow the racing (FREE with your race tickets).  Then it all goes down on Saturday, 160-laps, $100,000 to win Big Block Modifieds.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me !! Instead of searching out little tidbits of info that you can use to defend your bitching, why not simply do the research beforehand so that you can eliminate the original “moaning” post !

1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

Seems pretty cut and dried to me !! Instead of searching out little tidbits of info that you can use to defend your bitching, why not simply do the research beforehand so that you can eliminate the original “moaning” post !

I did do my research before posting. It’s pretty cut and dried that they had another show scheduled for that night as part of the big weekend and they are now changing it. Maybe you should have checked before telling me I should have researched before bitching about it. Wasn’t bitching just made a comment because some people purchased a three days ticket on what the schedule and their media had posted. Hope you have a wonderful day.

8 minutes ago, RJO said:

I did do my research before posting. It’s pretty cut and dried that they had another show scheduled for that night as part of the big weekend and they are now changing it. Maybe you should have checked before telling me I should have researched before bitching about it. Wasn’t bitching just made a comment because some people purchased a three days ticket on what the schedule and their media had posted. Hope you have a wonderful day.

What has changed ? If you can tell me how many laps the feature was supposed to be and what the purse was supposed to be as compared to now and how that could possibly negatively affect the racers, crews or fans, i’ll Consider myself wrong.Hooe you have a great day also !😀😀

So, originally there was supposed to be a 40-lap feature paying $5,000 to win. The top-6 I believe were going to receive guaranteed starting spots for Saturday's race. Friday was (is) a 80-lap feature paying $10,000 to win, the top-6 not already guaranteed would receive spots for Saturday's race as well. Saturday is a 160-lap feature paying $100,000 to win. All 3 days were always going to be complete shows. Just now day 1 will be SDS show paying $10,000 to win instead. The sportsman will still be on the card.

As total purses; the original advertised purse for the Battle on the Midway was $36,650 (28 car starting field). The original advertised purse for night 1 40-lapper was $46,920 (35 car starting field). Not sure if they'll stick with the original Battle on the Midway advertised total purse/starting field or not.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, happyracer said:

There you go people. The world isn't coming to an end people and the track isn't stealing your money. If losing $30/$35 hurts your bank account that much to begin with then maybe you need to find a different hobby to enjoy or just stay locked in your apartment every night. People want answers the second it rains. Hang onto your ticket and give them some time to come up with a plan. Heck I lost my $25 I paid for the Fonda 200 the last year (1996??) Compani was the promoter and the race was rained out. I just moved on and have been back to Fonda probably 150 times since. Now if that happened every week/year then it would be a different story.

I work in business and for every move, we have a plan. And in the case of this, we have a plan, and in the case of that, we have a plan.

A rain out is a very simple thing to have thought about, especially when weather was iffy as is....

3 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

What has changed ? If you can tell me how many laps the feature was supposed to be and what the purse was supposed to be as compared to now and how that could possibly negatively affect the racers, crews or fans, i’ll Consider myself wrong.Hooe you have a great day also !😀😀

Here’s your answer.

2 hours ago, KB19 said:

So, originally there was supposed to be a 40-lap feature paying $5,000 to win. The top-6 I believe were going to receive guaranteed starting spots for Saturday's race. Friday was (is) a 80-lap feature paying $10,000 to win, the top-6 not already guaranteed would receive spots for Saturday's race as well. Saturday is a 160-lap feature paying $100,000 to win. All 3 days were always going to be complete shows. Just now day 1 will be SDS show paying $10,000 to win instead. The sportsman will still be on the card.

As total purses; the original advertised purse for the Battle on the Midway was $36,650 (28 car starting field). The original advertised purse for night 1 40-lapper was $46,920 (35 car starting field). Not sure if they'll stick with the original Battle on the Midway advertised total purse/starting field or not.

19 minutes ago, RJO said:

Here’s your answer.

So JAIME answered the first part of my question to YOU....now how bout you answer the second part ?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Justracing44 said:

I work in business and for every move, we have a plan. And in the case of this, we have a plan, and in the case of that, we have a plan.

A rain out is a very simple thing to have thought about, especially when weather was iffy as is....

That's WRG's job, not OCFS.

12 hours ago, Justracing44 said:

I didn’t know rescheduling a DIRT series event was so easy. Guess it must happen all the time. The plan is two major events over the course of 3 days. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:17 AM, KB19 said:

so are the top 6 from thursdays SDS race still guranteed for sat 160??