8 hours ago, leroy said:

I was just going to bring Eldora up.   The heat better not bother you if you plan on going out there next week.  Probably the hottest I have ever been at a race track was Eldora in July.  And a couple  other shows  I went to in Indiana.  HOTT

Those shows did not get cancelled because the promoter knew there would be asses in the seats

exactly, i went 2 years ago smoking hot place was packed.

I don't mean to minimize the heat risk but somewhere, Bobby Allison, Jack Ingram, Harry Gant, etc, are saying, " They cancelled races because of the heat, did I hear that right?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, foster said:

probably run out of water by 8pm lol

Nope. If he says $1 water will be available, he'll have enough on hand (or standby) to get through the night.

As my grandpa always said, going to the races is best when it’s hot out. The track girls wear less. Then takes a sip of a PBR 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Nope. If he says $1 water will be available, he'll have enough on hand (or standby) to get through the night.

cool, i will be there

1 hour ago, toprow said:

As my grandpa always said, going to the races is best when it’s hot out. The track girls wear less. Then takes a sip of a PBR 😂

Where?  Which track? Which track?  Where?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Goggles Paesano said:

Where?  Which track? Which track?  Where?

Granby and Drummond you wanna see that smoke show..lol..I'm going to the SDSraces there next week.I'm praying for 150 degree weather..haha😎

The first 4 races of Indiana Sprint Week have higher predicted heat indexes than back home in NY. They are starting an hour later each night. Gas City was packed last night, 43 sprints and nearly SRO in the stands. I wouldn't miss this week because of the current heat situation, and if USAC cancelled races because of it, we would see a single race. The track was real racey too! 

Everyone should come to Canada for racing .  It's only going to feel like 41 degrees on Saturday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neffro said:

The first 4 races of Indiana Sprint Week have higher predicted heat indexes than back home in NY. They are starting an hour later each night. Gas City was packed last night, 43 sprints and nearly SRO in the stands. I wouldn't miss this week because of the current heat situation, and if USAC cancelled races because of it, we would see a single race. The track was real racey too! 

Heck of a finish last night.  Worth staying up an extra hour.  

41 minutes ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Everyone should come to Canada for racing .  It's only going to feel like 41 degrees on Saturday.  

Nice idea in theory. If only candada let "everyone" in to watch racing. 

10 minutes ago, 80K said:

Nice idea in theory. If only candada let "everyone" in to watch racing. 

I wouldn't say that our country is doing a very good job of controlling who we let in.

1 minute ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

I wouldn't say that our country is doing a very good job of controlling who we let in.

They had no problem letting our COWARDS in during Viet Nam though did they

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Lol

You win.  Checkmate

• Like 1

Paradise Speedway is running. Mini-Late Models from Pennsylvania are scheduled to be in the house along with mod lites, 600cc sprints, 4 cylinders, and karts.

67150554_2662615787093238_23475118842713

On 7/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, FondaFan16 said:

I guess i'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is all about.  It's going to be hot and humid.  It's hot and humid from April - November here in Florida and people survive being outside.  Lawns still get mowed, gardeners still garden, tree companies are still out there trimming trees, and roofers are still out there fixing roofs even though its 90+ degrees and humid here every day.

Two weeks ago it was 90+ degrees in Daytona and people still piled into the grandstands for the NASCAR race.

If you're going to be outside drink plenty of water instead of soda/beer.  If you have a medical condition that is exacerbated by extreme heat and/or humidity, stay inside... You'll survive...  

It's just comical to me that the news is reporting like the sky is falling, when in reality, this is the kind of weather that the southern states get for 3/4 of the year.  

This is like trying to explain driving in the snow to North Carolina residents as a New yorker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

Not everyone can get a deferment for bone spurs while squandering away his trust fund. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My nephew races quarter midgets for me and if Wall hadn’t cancelled for Sunday I was going to skip it. I was finishing up the car for this week last night and made the decision to bail regardless. 105 heat index standing on blacktop for 8 hours is tough on us but even tougher on the kids. I think it’s a good call. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

Not everyone can get a deferment for bone spurs while squandering away his trust fund. 

Let's not forget that Clinton avoided military service during the war by going to school in a foreign country

• Like 1