27 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

A governing body in the province of Ontario that works to ensure employers are providing staff with a safe work environment. Lots of governance in Canada. This particular arm has the ability to stop work and levy significant fines. 

Wait...so in your country they recognize problems and try to fix it? You don’t just tell your people to move?

weird concept. Must be some millennial thing

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ccbcrewchief said:

Oilman correct only time he gets good coffee& donuts is when he comes east,mmm !dippen donuts 

I got this big by eating pasta and taters, not ice cream and donuts, true story. And I have bench raced oilman at Tim Horton's in Geneva quite often.

9 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

Wait...so in your country they recognize problems and try to fix it? You don’t just tell your people to move?

weird concept. Must be some millennial thing

In theory maybe...

I can only speak for Ontario and what I've witnessed with the previous Government and their over regulation.

They created so many new rules,.regulations,.inspection,.fees, delays all in theory to better the work place. What was actually happening was that they were grasping at any means necessary to get more revenue.

They didn't tell people to move, they basically told manufacturers to move (or set up elsewhere).

• Like 1

Greeting back to the original topic, I get calling it for heat. Most tracks’ weekly shows run on a razor thin margin that with a dip in crowd quickly turns into a loss. If they feel weather conditions will impact the crowd enough that it will cause a loss, they’re well within their rights to cancel due to the weather. Sure, they’ll likely get some whining online unless they get some precipitation, but making the whiners “happy” isn’t worth taking a loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it just the heat or would the spontaneous thunderstorms that can happen in this weather playing a factor too?

Tall metal stands with people standing on top row could get smoky?....😁

Ran Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night in the heat. Was pretty brutal waiting in line but once moving it was not so bad. Think I drank a 24 pack of Gatorade myself between the three nights of racing. 

We did have a Have a red flag during the feature Friday night. That almost had me yacking in my helmet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

Sure, they’ll likely get some whining online unless they get some precipitation, but making the whiners “happy” isn’t worth taking a loss. 

The truth is, whiners on social media look for anything to whine about because they can't be stars in their own little circles without it. It's kind of like the selfie folk who constantly take their own pictures and post them on faceook, twitter or instagram. They thrive on the comments they receive. Without the pictures, nobody knows them. Without whining and stirring the hornets nest, nobody knows them.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, JohnyC said:

A governing body in the province of Ontario that works to ensure employers are providing staff with a safe work environment. Lots of governance in Canada. This particular arm has the ability to stop work and levy significant fines. 

OSHA?

On 7/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, Shyglizzy said:

God forbid someone bags on something Miller loves 

That isn't the truth and you know it. You can go back through history and see that he constantly gripes about Canandaigua. He did it with DIRT, he did it all the way through the Jeremie Corcoran reign and he started again with Paul Cole.

Educate yourself before you take me to task. This is the same guy that criticized Mike Mallett for using a picture of Brewerton in one of his stories that showed a weak crowd in the background. Mike explained that he used a stock photo because he was working on several stories at the time and didn't have time to hunt down a current picture with better background. And he kept on Mikes ass for a week or better with several members defending Mike and none supporting him, so he took shots at the rest of the team here (all of us completely innocent), and demanded that we remove him from the forum.

I waited a couple of days before I said anything because I suspected he was up to something. I was right. He realized he was wrong and tried re-registering here with a new screen name so he didn't have to live with his error or own up to it - so I called him out about it on the forum and he admitted that was his plan.

Call it what you want, but I'm done dealing with that shit.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

OSHA?

America has the "department or labor", along with state specific workplace rules/regulations. 

Canada has the same with only we call the Ministry, not department, federal and provincial. 

Many rules being enforced are nearly exact, word for word copies. 

The arc flash training I used to get mandated by the Ministry was NFPA 70E (american) now its identical other than the renamed it CSA-Z462 (canadian).

On 7/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, BobMiller said:

He can take his "yours truly" shtick and his raging boner for Paul Cole someplace else. I mentioned in another thread that there was going to be a house cleaning here and I am serious.

Can we get this thread back on topic? 

At what point does a boner become a raging boner?🌭

• Haha 2

Depends on who is standing in front of you and how much or little they wearing! 😀

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Can we get this thread back on topic? 

At what point does a boner become a raging boner?🌭

Standby, I'll let you know.

Oh wait, it's taking longer  than expected.

Please standby.

• Haha 1

"Prohibir Esto" - denied.