Looks like the bloom might be off this trucks at Eldora rose a bit judging by the crowd tonight. Lots of empty grandstands. Can’t remember what last year’s crowd looked like but I know the first couple years the place was packed.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Looks like the bloom might be off this trucks at Eldora rose a bit judging by the crowd tonight. Lots of empty grandstands. Can’t remember what last year’s crowd looked like but I know the first couple years the place was packed.

Looks like a great crowd to me !  Main grandstands are packed. Any empty spots are probably due to the fact that people enjoy sitting in fold up seats in corner.

I  sure  do wish I was there.  

I traveled to this event twice with my best friend.  The trucks raced real well in my opinion. A good show

However my buddy got sick and passed this past winter.  Tomorrow I will be at his interment.  

Eldora is an awesome racing facility.  One of the best dirt tracks, If not the best dirt track I have ever been to. 

Some day I would like  to get back out there to see the super lates or sprints.   The four crown probably highest on my wish list

I know i have said this before, how is this a good race with a one groove, dry and slick racetrack? It's all you guys bitch about all year on here about the N.Y tracks

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pinesol said:

I know i have said this before, how is this a good race with a one groove, dry and slick racetrack? It's all you guys bitch about all year on here about the N.Y tracks

Even with all that, it’s 10 times better than a normal NASCAR race.

• Like 1

I’ll agree it’s better than a typical cup race, but it’s not better than a lot of the truck races....they usually put on the best show of the big three....the trucks on dirt suck....street stocks put on a better show by far....take the stupid windshield out and put a screen in....get some traction in the racetrack....and maybe it will have 2 grooves....cool that they do it, but shitty racing...

8 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I’ll agree it’s better than a typical cup race, but it’s not better than a lot of the truck races....they usually put on the best show of the big three....the trucks on dirt suck....street stocks put on a better show by far....take the stupid windshield out and put a screen in....get some traction in the racetrack....and maybe it will have 2 grooves....cool that they do it, but shitty racing...

They gotta come up with a package that gives em more sidebite. Some late model/mod style sideboards on the spoiler would be a decent start, and would cost a team like ten bucks in aluminum. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

They gotta come up with a package that gives em more sidebite. Some late model/mod style sideboards on the spoiler would be a decent start, and would cost a team like ten bucks in aluminum. 

They need sail panels. 😁

47 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

The worst cup race this year was better then this 

10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

9 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

The worst cup race this year was better then this 

Not one of the trucks better races that is for sure.   In previous dirt shows drivers were able to run both the bottom and the top of the track.  Not sure what was different this time around that changed this.

It’s one thing to watch it on tv and another to watch it live, while it’s definitely not the big blocks out there running from top to bottom I’ve been every year since they brought the big blocks back and it’s a pretty good live show. There is always something happening somewhere on the racetrack and the atmosphere of the place is awesome... especially when you are in the pit grandstands with all your fellow dirt racers and Stew takes the lead and we all went wild. It’s a heavy vehicle with truck arms in the rear that are made to run on asphalt. If you have never gone and have only seen it on tv and are basing everything on that go and see it in person and see if it changes your opinion. If it doesn’t maybe you should take up golf 😂

Rob Hile 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rebob0510 said:

It’s one thing to watch it on tv and another to watch it live, while it’s definitely not the big blocks out there running from top to bottom I’ve been every year since they brought the big blocks back and it’s a pretty good live show. There is always something happening somewhere on the racetrack and the atmosphere of the place is awesome... especially when you are in the pit grandstands with all your fellow dirt racers and Stew takes the lead and we all went wild. It’s a heavy vehicle with truck arms in the rear that are made to run on asphalt. If you have never gone and have only seen it on tv and are basing everything on that go and see it in person and see if it changes your opinion. If it doesn’t maybe you should take up golf 😂

Rob Hile 

Yes most of these complainers have never seen this race live and I'm sure some didnt even watch it last night but still said it sucked. I look forward to this race every year and it is a great atmosphere.  

• Like 1

Nobody has questioned the atmosphere....or the spectacle....there were no more usable grooves on that track besides the top no matter where you watched it....live in person or on tv....a guy making ground up using a different lane consistently looks the same in both places....a bonsai move on the bottom and then driving the guy on the top into the fence does not constitute a 2nd line....I admittedly have not gone to this event, I can watch a far better big block show right here in NY on any given weekend....and the street stocks are more entertaining than the trucks....now with that being said...the dream or kings royal at eldora, those are a diffferent story and are dirt racing at its best....the trucks and big blocks do not do the place any justice imo

• Haha 1

Was there in 2016 and will say it is much better live than on TV. The trucks reminded me of the old Pro Truck Division at Dundee several years ago. It was very entertaining, but will not return for a Truck race again (been there, did it attitude). Next on the list to do at Eldora is the Dream in June. 

Well, first trip to Eldora in the books. All seems like a dream at this point. Sad Sharon got rained out but we stayed the night anyways. Eldora was pretty awesome. What struck me as interesting was the difference in dust when the mods where on the track vs the trucks. When the mods blew through turn 3/4 the first time and you see all the fans just start running in masses because of the dust cloud was something to see. Racing was pretty good in both classes. The mods could definitely run on the whole track where the trucks where limited in a lane or two. Great facility, camping was fun. Hope to go back sometime next year. 

• Like 3