Sign in to follow this  
dlouisb131

Another typical Valley prostock race

I know it was a tour race. It’s ridiculous that 12.5 minutes of actual racing takes 50 minutes. I’m not blaming the Valley staff. How can the modifieds run a 100 lap race with a few cautions in about 35 minutes. I went to one of the 200’s at the Valley. It was over in 1:12. There was only 3-4 quick cautions. Every week the Valley prostocks take 1/2 hour. If I remember last years tour race for the prostocks was over 40 minutes long. 

3 minutes ago, dlouisb131 said:

I know it was a tour race. It’s ridiculous that 12.5 minutes of actual racing takes 50 minutes. I’m not blaming the Valley staff. How can the modifieds run a 100 lap race with a few cautions in about 35 minutes. I went to one of the 200’s at the Valley. It was over in 1:12. There was only 3-4 quick cautions. Every week the Valley prostocks take 1/2 hour. If I remember last years tour race for the prostocks was over 40 minutes long. 

Well it was under red for the thunder and lightning delay that they evacuated everyone out of the bleachers. Which took like 10 minutes. And the first half of the race was good but then it got to a point where cautious breed cautions. 

Did they get the mod. feature in

53 minutes ago, dlouisb131 said:

🤪

23 minutes ago, Big said:

Did they get the mod. feature in

No double features next week for the big block. The skys opened up as they were doing the parade laps.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dlouisb131 said:

Ha should try sitting through them at Malta 

1 hour ago, PatsJags14 said:

Ha should try sitting through them at Malta 

Pro Stocks have been terrible to sit thru this year especially at Malta. They should be the last feature run every week imo. Valley hasn't been much better the weeks I have been there. Last night at the Valley was ridiculous for sure. Get to a certain point and you bring out the yellow you should be blacked flagged and parked for the rest of the event. I lost track after the 8th yellow/red flag period. If I had to guess there were 10 or 11 cautions. I can say  though except for one week they have been pretty clean at Fonda the nights I have been there.

Wow! And the prostocks run great at Fonda with quite a few coming right to the last couple laps. A lot of these guys run Malta on Fridays. I am always excited for their feature because they run so close and clean almost every week. I guess the configuration of the track is just better for them at Fonda. Now, next week I probably jinxed it and we will sit through chaos!

Drivers run to the level of what they can get away with... if slamming and banging is allowed, the slam bangers will beat there way thru the field time and time again.. Soon the clean drivers will get sick of it and do the same... and it devolves into a $h%&show... A few guys get parked or sent to the back a couple times, the races will clean up pretty damn quick. The last prostock feature (2 weeks ago because this week was a washout) they went Green to Checkers without a yellow, and its not the first time its happened this season. Theres been a couple weeks with a lone yellow to go with them.

With that being said.. the other thing that helps with Fonda is you have to carry your speed.. So guys with ill handling cars, or ill intentions can't just sail it off in the corner and run you over, because everyone's sailing it off in there by the nature of the track.... 

• Like 2

Worse then last time. 51:23 tonight. Like I said I went to one Valley 200 that was over in 1 hour and 12 minutes. My nephew has been to the Valley twice. He likes the modifieds. I know to we wouldn’t have stayed to watch them. 

1 hour ago, dlouisb131 said:

Worse then last time. 51:23 tonight. Like I said I went to one Valley 200 that was over in 1 hour and 12 minutes. My nephew has been to the Valley twice. He likes the modifieds. I know to we wouldn’t have stayed to watch them. 

Some of it tonight was for the Donnybrook on the front stretch. Also there was a few cautions that were for debris off of car that were leaning on eachother. It will be interesting to see what suspensions come from the donnybrook.

The valley is turning into bowman gray....the one thing that stuff does, is pack the grandstands....fans love controversy and apparently don’t care as much about normal racing....Fulton was packed this week for some stupid trailer race, while the week before they had 150 ppl for a normal night....smash em, crash em, fight em and pack them in the seats...

19 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

The valley is turning into bowman gray....the one thing that stuff does, is pack the grandstands....fans love controversy and apparently don’t care as much about normal racing....Fulton was packed this week for some stupid trailer race, while the week before they had 150 ppl for a normal night....smash em, crash em, fight em and pack them in the seats...

I would say bowman gray is a little excessive of a comparison.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiracer43 said:

I seen a video of that mess in front of the flag stand. I hope there will be a suspension 

Can someone share the link to the video 

So because of 1 incident its becoming bowman gray? 

No one even mentioned the 2 hand over the head garbage can smash across the front of the 17 by the 178. As much attention is being paid to the battle between Jeseo and Duzlack, the 17 of Nick Hilt hits everything that comes his way,every week. 

• Like 1

The Pro Stock race use to be the best race of the night, now its the worst. They should run them last! They made a complete mockery of a race that was supposed to honor one of the best guys that ever walked through the pit gate! Hope they're proud...

• Like 3

Saw the video. Don’t know what led up to it, but based on what I saw it’s enough to ban both for at least the balance of the year and to sign a peace bond going forward. Make them both put up $2,000 that’s only refunded based on no further trouble. Failing to comply would exit them both permanently 

• Like 2

I think money will be involved also.

As in Howie is going to put a little extra in each of their payoffs for all the track publicity. :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

I think money will be involved also.

As in Howie is going to put a little extra in each of their payoffs for all the track publicity. :lol:

Not in 2019. It brings the wrong kind of attention. It brings the kind of attention from insurance companies and lawyers and all of a sudden the liability is through the roof. This isn’t what you want in this day and age. 

It's a total chit show.
Like watching children run peddle cars into each other.
Like "lrgmouth" says , I don't even bother staying. 
It's a built in intermission this season for me if they run before open wheel classes. 
Anyone know what happened  to Vic Hopkins ? 
He was a staple for years and the only guy with a conscience out there.
A genuine "nice guy", on and off the dirt.
Hope he is alive and well.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's a total chit show.
Like watching children run peddle cars into each other.
Like "lrgmouth" says , I don't even bother staying. 
It's a built in intermission this season for me if they run before open wheel classes. 
Anyone know what happened  to Vic Hopkins ? 
He was a staple for years and the only guy with a conscience out there.
A genuine "nice guy", on and off the dirt.
Hope he is alive and well.

Victor is well and attends the races most Saturdays. I believe the time involved and cost just got to be too much. 

11 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

Victor is well and attends the races most Saturdays. I believe the time involved and cost just got to be too much. 

TY !

The pro stock class is just a product of crate racing IMO. Once guys figured out the setup with the crate power its super tough to pass. You can be a tick faster but still not have enough to get all the way by on the bottom.  Most of the guys running the class have tons of experience on the track and in a pro stock. Its just tough to pass. Hence the beating and banging

• Like 1