Wouldn't surprise me at all ... surprised it lasted this long!! Time to pack it in and call it a career I think 

1 hour ago, MRKLEEN said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all ... surprised it lasted this long!! Time to pack it in and call it a career I think 

No doubt he will be in something at OC $100,000 .....Fonda $53,000.....plus others .....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, old racer said:

No doubt he will be in something at OC $100,000 .....Fonda $53,000.....plus others .....

The stands lol

• Haha 2

Not sure any driver has gone through more rides than him lol he's destroyed more cars than anyone I think to

• Like 1

That was maybe 5 races? I knew it wouldn’t take long but this was short!

Well Is it because of the results during the Canadian swing SDS? One of those races he was all over the track and looked totally out of it in the pits. Definitely wasn’t himself. 

30 minutes ago, toprow said:

Well Is it because of the results during the Canadian swing SDS? One of those races he was all over the track and looked totally out of it in the pits. Definitely wasn’t himself. 

I'm far from a Danny fan, in saying that, it is sad when it comes to this.Instead of his fans telling him how great he is.Somebody should be telling him, that he was great, and maybe it's time to.pack.it in or just kinda stick to local tracks..The SDSis a young man's game.He had his time, but that ship has sailed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

This has to be someone else's fault.No way this has anything to do with the dr.

Foster is currently strumming up a rebuttal

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, old racer said:

Why would he be in "something "?? He hasn't really been on top of his game for awhile. Other than a top 3 here and there I dont see him setting the world on fire like everyone thought once he went back to Sweetners plus. I can think of alot of more qualified drivers that would produce better results than the Dr. ... sorry to say but I think it's time to hang up the helmet 

Wait a minute....I was told the dr. Was easy on equipment and most all owners loved him....

Macho....let me guess Danny didn’t hold back his opinion when this car wasn’t correct either....must be all these owners don’t believe Danny has “earned the right” to act out when things don’t go his way. Maybe he needs a troyer....new teos with great equipment and bicknells with great equipment must be the problem.

Easy boys, he will get a win tomorrow night at Outlaw and all is  well... again 😂

48 minutes ago, toprow said:

Easy boys, he will get a win tomorrow night at Outlaw and all is  well... again 😂

I hope he does....I love Danny and love watching him....but if 100 partnerships fall apart , and one person was half of that partnership all 100 times...at what point do we say it might be his fault?

Ok here is a thought and I’m not slamming any drivers or builders. Right now there is 4 drivers and Teams!!! that are on there game! Sheppard, Friesen, Rudolph, and Williamson far as I’m concerned. Others have great runs but are behind other times. These 4 have found a combo that works 90% of the time. You can call me hard headed but Danny, Brett, Alan , and Steve just need to go test and find that sweet spot they are missing. It’s not as easy because they are old school and use to what has worked for over 25 years for each of them. Try teaching a 50 year old Microsoft Office and see how quick before they can keep up with younger kids. Yes Danny is very and probably too opinionated but if the car has mechanical issues before the checkered flag that’s not on Danny. It’s hard as a driver if you don’t have confidence in your equipment! 

Im guessing all 4 I mentioned at the start have been testing this year. I know Matt said he learned a couple things at Weedsport test. 

2 hours ago, toprow said:

Lol not

I am not very fond of DJ's driving style at times, but I think many will agree with me that any race without Danny Johnson is much less of a race.  When he and Hearn ran OCFS, we went every week.  With both of them handicapped to 15th and 16th, nobody watched the front runners.  All eyes were on them, picking their way through the pack.  I'm very thankful that I was there to see those races.

44 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

You can call me hard headed but Danny, Brett, Alan , and Steve just need to go test and find that sweet spot they are missing. It’s not as easy because they are old school and use to what has worked for over 25 years for each of them. 

Speedway Illustrated did a cover story on Brett Hearn testing down south to improve his dry slick program with positive results then DNQ'ed at Weedsport.

When is it going to be ok that Danny and Brett and A.J. are not in the race.....I love the glory days of modified racing as much as anyone but the fact that everyone still clamors for guys that haven’t been on top in years is part of the reason the overall popularity of the sport has fallen. Sprint cars have survived without mark and Steve kinser.....drag racing has survived without don garlits and Kenny Bernstein....Indy cars have raced on without Mario Andretti and al unser....even nascar (although floundering without marquee names) is still racing with no dale earnhardt or Richard petty....how the hell are the younger generation of drivers going to get the recognition and opportunities they need to advance and keep the sport going, while everyone seems disinterested when the 60 year old vets are not in contention.

• Like 1