Sign in to follow this  
Eagleonemotorsports

Did I Miss Marlar BB Ride Announcement

6 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Just read he has a BB ride for Eldora 

Nothing official has been announced, short of his name appearing in the Eldora program.

Eldora had it on their Twitter page 3 days ago. Looks like he's driving the 3RS that Billy Dunn used to drive.

Page

i think your wrong! If Bob Slack is the one going and taking the car I’m sure they will test somewhere before. They will be decent the only thing will be is lap traffic and running with cars that are different speeds and closing rates. I’d rather have a guy that is great and knows the track verses a great driver that doesn’t know the track. My opinion but with limited track time I see knowing the track a plus! And I’m betting Integra Shocks is behind it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Page

i think your wrong! If Bob Slack is the one going and taking the car I’m sure they will test somewhere before. They will be decent the only thing will be is lap traffic and running with cars that are different speeds and closing rates. I’d rather have a guy that is great and knows the track verses a great driver that doesn’t know the track. My opinion but with limited track time I see knowing the track a plus! And I’m betting Integra Shocks is behind it. 

Marlar has turned thousands of laps at Eldora over the years. Way, way more than anybody else that will be in the field. 

1 hour ago, PaGeOrGaBleBHisable said:

And not one lap in a BB

This is true, but it was more speaking to the point as to why somebody would ask Mike Marlar to drive one. 

Jeez, I think it is cool to see a guy from another division step out of his comfort zone. Yet, on here, people immediately take a piss on the move. IMO, I like the idea that a guy who runs for a hell of a lot more money regularly is interested in stepping into a Modified.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Jeez, I think it is cool to see a guy from another division step out of his comfort zone. Yet, on here, people immediately take a piss on the move. IMO, I like the idea that a guy who runs for a hell of a lot more money regularly is interested in stepping into a Modified.

What’s even worse is this adds a car to the count. How much complaining has been there been about been about car counts lately for high paying races. 

• Like 1

Good for Marlar and the SDS and STSS should encourage this type of crossover. Put Super Matt in a Super LM.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Good for Marlar and the SDS and STSS should encourage this type of crossover. Put Super Matt in a Super LM.

Never super Matt is strictly modified 

I’m more intrigued with Marlar than Kenny Wallace or a Blaney

Wow I guess nobody remembers Matt Sheppard racing a Late model a while back @ Brewerton when the Woo Lates were there. He also got to hot lap a 410 sprint when he drove for HBR & I bet a lot of you forgot that too. As much as I hate seeing Matt win all the time. The guy is on top of the game right now. 

7 hours ago, chas71 said:

Matt did try a super late. It did not go well, and the car was sold off rather quickly. 

As far as Marlar having success, or lack thereof in a Big Block at Eldora, it will all come down to how his time trial lap goes.  I love the idea of putting the Big Block Modifieds on a big stage like Eldora, but the racing there (for the Big Blocks at least) leaves a lot to be desired.  

Again, I love the idea of having the Big Blocks there along with the NASCAR Trucks, but if you don't start up front in your heat race your consolation race it'll be a struggle to get it into the show.

37 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Matt did try a super late. It did not go well, and the car was sold off rather quickly. 

I was at his first super late model race he raced in at Brewerton and I want to say he was either lapped or very close to being lapped. Vic Coffey dominated much of the race but a late race caution allowed Tim Fuller to get around him for the win.

I remember walking up to him in the pits at Canandaigua the Saturday before the race too and asking him about it and he didn't seem overly interested or excited to talk about it. That was also the first time I met him though as a stranger walking up to him in the pits so he probably wasn't overly comfortable talking to me briefly about it. 

It's no surprise for anyone to be a back marker in a new division.  See also.... Schatz in a late model, Kenny Wallace in a BB mod and I'm sure theres many more. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macho said:

It's no surprise for anyone to be a back marker in a new division.  See also.... Schatz in a late model, Kenny Wallace in a BB mod and I'm sure theres many more. 

It’s not just even new divisions anymore, look at Billy Pauch being uncompetitive at Canandaigua.

Guys have a hard time adjusting to different tracks and setups. 

The difference between winning and being totally out to lunch is very narrow these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macho said:

51 minutes ago, con7 said:

It’s not just even new divisions anymore, look at Billy Pauch being uncompetitive at Canandaigua.

Guys have a hard time adjusting to different tracks and setups. 

The difference between winning and being totally out to lunch is very narrow these days. 

Very good points. 

2 hours ago, macho said:

Schatz isn’t really  a backmarker in a late model though. He has some regional wins in it, and tends to be at least competitive when running national level events. 

3 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Schatz isn’t really  a backmarker in a late model though. He has some regional wins in it, and tends to be at least competitive when running national level events. 

I dont know how long  or how much hes been doing lates but when I saw him in Fla a year or 2 ago he was a backmarker.

30 minutes ago, macho said:

I dont know how long  or how much hes been doing lates but when I saw him in Fla a year or 2 ago he was a backmarker.

He’s been running lates like 4 or 5 years I think. He doesn’t run it all that often, like 10-15 races a year. He mostly stays in the midwest when he does run it, although he did run it at Port Royal randomly last year though. 

13 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

He’s been running lates like 4 or 5 years I think. He doesn’t run it all that often, like 10-15 races a year. He mostly stays in the midwest when he does run it, although he did run it at Port Royal randomly last year though. 

He’s been okay at Charlotte, seems to qualify well and then either be decent or stink in the heats. One year he started on the pole of the heat and finished way in the back. 

He regularly wins at River Cities and has a podium with the Outlaws when they were there one year.