Sign in to follow this  
GasketCase

No Post About Rocky & Josh's Great Finish?

For those who missed it ... Rocky Warner pulled a Stewart Friesen and made a last-ditch, white-knuckle, outside-wall-rubbing pass on Josh Hohenforst to win the modified feature at Fonda last night. It was as exciting as a race gets.

It's no secret that I'm rooting for Squirrel Nuts to win the championship because he's been underrated no matter what he's accomplished in his career ... ... But ... ... I really wanted to see Josh get the win. His luck has sucked so bad that I'm surprised he's in the top 10. He was on a mission last night and it didn't look like anyone would touch him. ... That part of it sucked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GasketCase said:

For those who missed it ... Rocky Warner pulled a Stewart Friesen and made a last-ditch, white-knuckle, outside-wall-rubbing pass on Josh Hohenforst to win the modified feature at Fonda last night. It was as exciting as a race gets.

It's no secret that I'm rooting for Squirrel Nuts to win the championship because he's been underrated no matter what he's accomplished in his career ... ... But ... ... I really wanted to see Josh get the win. His luck has sucked so bad that I'm surprised he's in the top 10. He was on a mission last night and it didn't look like anyone would touch him. ... That part of it sucked.

I felt the same way on Friday at Malta. Nothing at all against Rocky, but my heart went out for Bobby Hackel. I thought he was finally going to get the monkey off his back, then a squirrel jumped on!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rsdirt12a said:

Why didn't he race that Spraker car at the big show? 

Because it follows deyo rules and not dirt car rules

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rsdirt12a said:

Why didn't he race that Spraker car at the big show? 

THE CAR WE HAVE FOR MALTA IS A SMALL BLOCK ,BIG SHOW RULES WE WOULD HAVE TO ADD 200LBS.

51 minutes ago, Jake Spraker said:

THE CAR WE HAVE FOR MALTA IS A SMALL BLOCK ,BIG SHOW RULES WE WOULD HAVE TO ADD 200LBS.

Congratulations on having such a great season! And thanks for supporting racing. Without people like you weekends would be a lot worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Ed Bittig....I will soon be adding a Rocky Warner page to our ARRA website.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, robertmorris said:

I felt the same way on Friday at Malta. Nothing at all against Rocky, but my heart went out for Bobby Hackel. I thought he was finally going to get the monkey off his back, then a squirrel jumped on!

I agree but it happen to us twice before  this year and I don't feel bad for sandbaggers !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HowieTheHat said:

Thanks to Ed Bittig....I will soon be adding a Rocky Warner page to our ARRA website.

Heard about it at Malta friday! Pretty cool that he dug that far back to check all those stats out!

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Jake Spraker said:

I agree but it happen to us twice before  this year and I don't feel bad for sandbaggers !!

Sounds like a personal thing there big boy! Maybe it would be a wise idea to accept the win graciously. There will be plenty of time to get nasty when your luck turns the other way!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Sounds like a personal thing there big boy! Maybe it would be a wise idea to except the win graciously. There will be plenty of time to get nasty when your luck turns the other way!

OH IT WILL TURN I KNOW !!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Sounds like a personal thing there big boy! Maybe it would be a wise idea to accept the win graciously. There will be plenty of time to get nasty when your luck turns the other way!

Spraker Quote:  "Did I think we would have a season like this?  Hell no!"  He sounds pretty gracious in my opinion.

3 hours ago, rick4b said:

Is racing at the ridge like sandbagging in the sportsman division every week.

NO RICK SANDBAGGING IS WHEN YOU PULL INTO THE PITS FOR NO REASON JUST SO IT COUNTS FOR A BAD FINISH SO YOU CAN START UP FRONT !! IF I HAD TO SANDBAG TO WIN I WOULD QUIT !!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jake Spraker said:

NO RICK SANDBAGGING IS WHEN YOU PULL INTO THE PITS FOR NO REASON JUST SO IT COUNTS FOR A BAD FINISH SO YOU CAN START UP FRONT !! IF I HAD TO SANDBAG TO WIN I WOULD QUIT !!

There's a guy at the Valley that has made a lot of money sand bagging. 

At this point, seat time is the key to rockys success.  There was never a doubt he could do it, was just grasping a lot of change to get the results.

41 minutes ago, from the bleachers said:

HMMM ,, I love to see rocky win but I never realized you tell him to stay on the track no matte rwhat as long as the car is running

That's called racing, if every car pulled off because they weren't running up front you would have 2 cars finish every night.

5 hours ago, from the bleachers said:

HMMM ,, I love to see rocky win but I never realized you tell him to stay on the track no matte rwhat as long as the car is running

Man, that's an ignorant post! Lol. You dug deep to fabricate that one! Lol.

11 hours ago, rick4b said:

Is racing at the ridge like sandbagging in the sportsman division every week.

Absolutely.    But for a $1000 to beat up on 8 guys I don’t blame him 

28 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Marcuccilli has ran and won sportsman races this year and I don’t see people complaining about that. 

So has tremont.   People only complain when Hearn does it I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A great driver is a great driver and their class doesn't dictate how great they are. Rocky himself is proof of that. He's won at every level.

Do you think, now that he's been driving a modified, he's suddenly a better sportsman driver than he was? Or do you think that guys like Timmy Hartman are any less talented because they choose to stay in the less expensive class?

If so, I'd have to say that you're mistaken. And there are probably a few hundred Pro stock drivers who will agree with me.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

Jake, you know well better than myself, there are hundreds of non-visual reasons a driver decides to park it for the night, not related to sandbagging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Jake, you know well better than myself, there are hundreds of non-visual reasons a driver decides to park it for the night, not related to sandbagging.

Exactly.   When 10th to last all pay the same and your running in the back of the pack burning up gas and tires what’s the point of stay out there really.