Sign in to follow this  
BobMiller

Weedsport Track Conditions - Sunday July 28th...

Tacky all night long. Bite from the outside wall all the way to the inside wall. Grooves galore. 4 and 5 wide racing pretty much the entire way through the Hall of Fame 100. Not a speck of dust all night long.

Yeah, Sheppard stunk the race up pretty good with a half a track lead over 2nd, but the rest of the show was awesome. I think maybe Weedsport's track crew is onto something.

• Like 1

That was the best Weedsport surface I have seen in years!

While it was tackier than normal in the feature, it still slickened off enough that if you didn't have a left side panhard or coils, you were going backwards. 

It was MUCH better than the first two races this season.  It actually had some water in it!  The first 2 races it was just dead slick and nowhere to go but the bottom.  Hopefully they can keep those conditions up!

The reason I brought this up was that the last time Weedsport raced, the track was tacky, but bumpy. This time they had it smooth too. I just wanted to make sure that it didn't go unnoticed.

• Like 1

It was noticed, let's see if they can replicate it for the next race. Frankly, there's no reason that these tracks up here have to be black and slick in warmups. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY! We just had this discussion about U-R having some bite. Maybe I'll finally head back to both tracks if they can replicate that surface. Zero reason for tracks to be black slick all night. 

• Like 2