Sign in to follow this  
DowntheBackStretch

Erick schools Matt at Land of Legends?

First of all, nobody schools matt to begin with....he sets the bar every year on where everybody else needs to be....Erick has been good, at certain points last year and as of right now maybe he is a tick better than Matt...but I think it would be quite naive to think he is light years ahead of him at this point.

This is all I was ever asking for. When Matt was winning seemingly ever thing in sight with no real challenge, enter Erick The Red. I hope this buds into an awesome rivalry (friendly) that benefits the race fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pinesol said:

Jeez, This guy beats Matt a couple times and people are going crazy. Get real. The best always get beat, they can't win them all.

Erick just smoked them at Merrittville, I think right now he is the Best in the business! He just never seems to do anything that leaves him without a chance to win. 

4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Thanks for playing! I finally know what happened.

Yup, Rudolph out drove him for the win, plain and simple.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robertmorris said:

Yup, Rudolph out drove him for the win, plain and simple.

Mad Max can stop Rudolph 

6 hours ago, dan dan said:

Hope you get past what ails you bob and back behind the camera. 

dan dan...

The issue I am having is partially related to the major high blood pressure problem I went through back in 2017 and still deal with today. My blood pressure is definitely better, but I can't return to truck driving because it is still too high. So for 2 years now, constantly adjusting medications, going through tons of testing, I sit pretty much idle all day and I am gaining weight big time.

The weight gain is all fluid and it's settling in my lower legs. On July 31st, I had an appointment with a vascular surgeon to check my legs for blood clots via ultra sound. That testing proved negative, so we started phase 1 of trying to reduce the swelling enough to wear compression socks. They wrapped my legs with medicated gauze, then again a little tighter with the sports style ace bandages, and then finally again with this elastic tube to hold it all together. On Friday August 2nd, my left leg started hurting real bad and was blowing up like a balloon. Saturday morning it hurt so bad that I would have gladly let them cut it off.

My mother got out of the hospital on Saturday morning and she wanted to go to Canandaigua because she missed Dundee the night before. I didn't let Ma know how bad my leg hurt, but by the end of the night I couldn't walk period. My original plan was to go home and take a shower and wash the 4 day stink off because I couldn't take a shower with those bandages on, and then go to the emergency room. On my computer desk upstairs was a referral sheet for a CT scan at the same hospital. They found a solitary  node on my left lung back in 2017, but it was small. 2017 was the year my brother found  out he had cancer, so it is definitely a concern. I figured as long as they were going to keep me, I might as well take care of that too. Problem was, I fell asleep while reading results from other tracks on my computer and never woke up until 7am.

So Sunday August 4th, I hobbled down the stairs, took that shower and had all I could do to walk 30 feet to the car. They did another series of ultra sounds both chest and legs. I have had IV after IV of antibiotics and diuretics and taken tons of pills for high blood pressure and pain so much that food tastes like crap. I haven't slept a wink since I've been here - partially because of the noise and also because I can't sleep laying down. I feel like an elephant is setting on my chest and suffocating - due to the rapid weight gain. I am sharing a room with an 85 year old stroke victim who fell and hit his head hard. He snores pretty bad, he suffers from Parkinsons and Alzheimers, and he is hard to understand when he needs help because the stroke is real recent and got his speech. And the guy in the next room can't hear shit, so his TV is always on at full volume. When the nurses drop in to tend to him, they have to yell.

I don't think they really know what is going on yet, but my leg is feeling like it is on fire again, the redness is returning and the pain is coming back. I told them when I first got here that my leg felt like it was broken because I know what a broken leg feels like. I shot a weekend at Fulton's Victoria 200 with a broken leg. They considered X Rays then, but decided that since I could walk, nothing could be broken. I told them I DID walk around on a broken leg. They said I couldn't have. If it was broken I couldn't have walked on it. It wasn't Joe Theisman broken, it was hairline crack through the diameter of a shin bone broken but still broken.                        

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Mad Max can stop Rudolph 

sucks that he did or we'd be looking at Rudolph within 40ish points of sheppard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stratton87 said:

True...but still a long way to go in the season and some double points events that can really shake things up. I think Erick is going to give Matt a run for his money this year for that SDS title. 

15 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Thanks for playing! I finally know what happened.

Was my description accurate enough?

7 hours ago, stratton87 said:

Agreed. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, rpm72x said:

First of all, nobody schools matt to begin with....he sets the bar every year on where everybody else needs to be....Erick has been good, at certain points last year and as of right now maybe he is a tick better than Matt...but I think it would be quite naive to think he is light years ahead of him at this point.

Actually I didn't read anyone referring to him as being light years ahead of Sheppard, did I miss the post?

Starting a topic that reads Erick schools Matt....infers that he is teaching him some sort of lesson....I disagree with that....Erick is hot right now....I’m enjoying it....but it will take more than a couple of weeks of being better than Matt before I say he is schooling him in any way....

52 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Starting a topic that reads Erick schools Matt....infers that he is teaching him some sort of lesson....I disagree with that....Erick is hot right now....I’m enjoying it....but it will take more than a couple of weeks of being better than Matt before I say he is schooling him in any way....

I just interpret schooling and "light years ahead" as having two entirely different meanings. Sorry.😀

I interpret”schooling Matt Sheppard” as different than “ Erick has things figured out and won again” one is taking a jab, one is giving deserved praise.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:57 AM, stratton87 said:

Sucks Marc Johnson tangled with Neil Stratton  and ended up on his roof and 23rd place finish   July 26th  at Malta why leading points coming into that nite ....That tangle may have cost championship which sucks......

7 minutes ago, old racer said:

Sucks Marc Johnson tangled with Neil Stratton  and ended up on his roof and 23rd place finish   July 26th  at Malta why leading points coming into that nite ....That tangle may have cost championship which sucks......

difference is neil didn't take him out. max took Erick out with no chance of making that pass work

On 8/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, rpm72x said:

Eric has said after race recently  Matt Sheppard is the best in business today ....I agree and looks like good shot at  #8 MR DIRT title and my bet to win OC $100,000 next week weather permitting.....new surface with some bite should make great show....

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, stratton87 said:

difference is neil didn't take him out. max took Erick out with no chance of making that pass work

In history of dirt racing there has been more complicated passes than what he tried ....Just didn't work out ....I wasn't in drivers seat or you ......

3 hours ago, old racer said:

In history of dirt racing there has been more complicated passes than what he tried ....Just didn't work out ....I wasn't in drivers seat or you ......

There has never been a more complicated 'pass'. That would only count if he actually passed him. He didn't. 

• Like 1