Thank you. I'm not on Facebook and hadn't seen anything here and was wondering. 

Bob you are in my thoughts buddy. I would make the five hour drive to visit you in your hospital room, but I'll be damned if you fall asleep on me while I am there! :) :) 

HiHey all... 

Yes I am back in again. Concern and such is definitely appreciated. My girlfriend and I think we have it figured out as to when this all started unfolding. Back in early May during the first or second mowing, I was cutting the grass around one of our several apple trees. The front of the lawn tractor latched onto a low branch and moved along with the tractor as I advanced forward.. The branch finally released itself from the tractor and whipped me real hard in the left leg... Hard enough to leave a giant welt  that bled pretty good for about 20 minutes. I t hurt like hell, but I shrugged it off and didn't give it much thought.! Since then though, the leg has been giving me grief.

I had a follow up visit with the vascular surgeon on Wednesday and she didn't like my progression at that point and suggested that I check back in so she could oversee a new round of antibiotics.  That's all my girlfriend needed to hear. For the rest of the day she kept riding my ass. Then one of my best friends stopped by and I got gang banged about going back in. I got sick of hearing it, so here I am again.

That was Wednesday night. It is now Saturday and I'm not seeing major improvents. Whatever this infection is though, it f@#%ing hurts!

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

HiHey all... 

Yes I am back in again. Concern and such is definitely appreciated. My girlfriend and I think we have it figured out as to when this all started unfolding. Back in early May during the first or second mowing, I was cutting the grass around one of our several apple trees. The front of the lawn tractor latched onto a low branch and moved along with the tractor as I advanced forward.. The branch finally released itself from the tractor and whipped me real hard in the left leg... Hard enough to leave a giant welt  that bled pretty good for about 20 minutes. I t hurt like hell, but I shrugged it off and didn't give it much thought.! Since then though, the leg has been giving me grief.

I had a follow up visit with the vascular surgeon on Wednesday and she didn't like my progression at that point and suggested that I check back in so she could oversee a new round of antibiotics.  That's all my girlfriend needed to hear. For the rest of the day she kept riding my ass. Then one of my best friends stopped by and I got gang banged about going back in. I got sick of hearing it, so here I am again.

That was Wednesday night. It is now Saturday and I'm not seeing major improvents. Whatever this infection is though, it f@#%ing hurts!

What the hell Bob! You don't win the race in the first 2 or 3 laps. Sounds like the antibiotic hasn't even had 72 hrs to work yet. Easy for me to say cuz Im not the one in pain with the infection.  Question:  Have they been doing daily bloodwork and measuring your C-reactive Protein (CRP) levels? That will indicate if the antibiotic is ridding your body of the inflammation and infection. ASK ABOUT IT if you have not been told about it!  Also, don't be afraid to speak up to your Vascular Surgeon and ask her to consult with an Infectious Disease Doctor to make sure you are getting the best choice of antibiotic for the specific infection you have.   Obviously there are all kinds of infections we have to deal with these days and there are many antibiotics and COMBINATIONS of antibiotics available. My wife just went through something similar and she couldn't get rid of the infection until the surgeon consulted with an Infectious Disease Doctor and he changed the antibiotic to a combination of 2 different ones. That got rid of the infection finally. Hang in there Big Boy!

I am getting blood drawn twice daily for them to monitor my progress as they adjust my Work dosages of antibiotics. They switched to another type of antibiotic again today.

The vascular surgeon stopped by this morning to check in on me. She is definitely working her ass off trying to figure me out. The lower left leg is shrinking very slowly, but but the upper thigh is still real ugly. 

The biggest annoyance so far is getting awaken out of a sound sleep to have vitals taken and to take meds.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I am getting blood drawn twice daily for them to monitor my progress as they adjust my Work dosages of antibiotics. They switched to another type of antibiotic again today.

The vascular surgeon stopped by this morning to check in on me. She is definitely working her ass off trying to figure me out. The lower left leg is shrinking very slowly, but but the upper thigh is still real ugly. 

The biggest annoyance so far is getting awaken out of a sound sleep to have vitals taken and to take meds.

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Hang in there and hopefully each day you will see improvement!

11 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Hi Bob. What is your status today? How are you feeling? Hopefully you have improved since Saturday.

Well.… now Im a little worried. Hope you are doing better Bob.

Hang in there the best you can Bob. Hope they get the source of your problem and get you feeling better.

It is now 2:16am on August 22nd and I still don't know when I will be able to go home.  I refuse to ask.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

It is now 2:16am on August 22nd and I still don't know when I will be able to go home.  I refuse to ask.

Bob, are you improving I hope? Its better to stay until they are hopeful and confident that you will not end up coming back because you left too soon. We are all thinking about you. Hang in there. Pretend you are driving in a 200 lapper filled with cautions and caution laps do not count! Try to stay patient big guy. I know its not easy.

They will cut you loose when your ready. Be patient and stay positive. I just had heart surgery a couple months ago and I know what you mean about sleeping. Ain't a damn soul comes in to check anything til you fall asleep! We all pulling for you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Hang in there Bob. It can only get better.

So sorry to hear what you have been dealing with for so long now Bob....please make sure that you do not rush home unless it is really ok to do so...I know that being in a hospital is not easy but when you need the care you must be there. Keep the chin up and know that we are all sending positive thoughts across the miles for a complete and speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, John Williams said:

Hey Bob, mind if I take over your moderator duties while you get better? Some of these people on here are getting a little out of line. 

Take em to the wood shed!

1:30 in the morning...

Someone just stuck their head out of their room crowing like a chicken and slammed the door shut. Loud as hell. Now there are a group of 3 or 4 women giggling like school girls in one of the rooms.. And you wonder why I want out of here so bad...

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Someone just stuck their head out of their room crowing like a chicken and slammed the door shut. Loud as hell. Now there are a group of 3 or 4 women giggling like school girls in one of the rooms.. And you wonder why I want out of here so bad...

Supposedly the  place to be when we're ailing, certainly not the place to be when we need rest. Wishing you well, hopefully the worst is over. You will need some good old home relaxation to get ready for Oswego.

Next time they wake you up in the middle of the night,  tell them you need a sponge bath. See if they keep giggling. 

21 hours ago, BobMiller said:

That was probably some woman sending you a mating call.  You should have crowed back!

How are you doing today Bob...sure hope that you are much better and able to get out of there to enjoy this great weather. :sungum:

On 8/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, BobMiller said:

Could be Candy Stripers. Do they have those anymore? When I was young and in the hospital, it was one of the highlights.