Hoping this is the last year this race is run on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Lets get it back to the 2nd Thursday of August where it used to be. It shouldn't interfere with year end points championships.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GasketCase said:

It is a totally different view and experience. I don't sit there because I like dirt in my hair, eyes, nose, and teeth, and I love the smell of race fuel, overheated motors, hot rubber, and blown engines. That may sound crazy, but it's all part of the racing experience.

He's going rooftop Gasket.....not inside. 

44 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

He's going rooftop Gasket.....not inside. 

Everything is still watered down up there.  🤣

5 hours ago, mjbf1 said:

Hoping this is the last year this race is run on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Lets get it back to the 2nd Thursday of August where it used to be. It shouldn't interfere with year end points championships.

I wish it was still on Thursday too. But the 2 day turnaround from Thursday to Saturday is tough if you're involved in a Thursday wreck. 

I do wish that the big blocks would run the last 2 shows in September when it's now just small blocks.

JMO but i think the saturday date for Mr. DIRT came from other tracks running SDS races on saturdays(fulton,weedsport) . Not so much a pissing match between howie and other promoters but more like: if their gonna take 2 of my saturday point shows away from me  why should i run my biggest race of the year mid-week? 

Especially when Hearn was running there, his biggest draw, he was losing profit from being a dirt member without one of the stars at his track.  You dont pay a guy show up money every week if hes not gonna be there for you to reap the benefits of  what your paying for. Strictly my opinion, but ive been wondering the same thing since they switched to saturday night. Its really the only logical solution i could come up with. Maybe way off base but......

• Like 2

Once again Kenny Tremont prevails with a big win at the Valley. Locals always perform well for this big race and it is the case again this year.

• Like 2

The race sucked and further solidified my point that The Valley is a great place to party and get some food but the racing is secondary. 

Also, I’d like to ask this question. When the Dr broke, a caution was thrown. He cleared the track. They should have lined up and gone green. Instead, they drove around for a couple laps, at which time Sheppard came in and changed a RR which WASN’T FLAT. Why do they then extend the caution period for 2 more laps? He didn’t bring out the caution and yet was treated as though he did. It obviously didn’t matter because he was a turd last night but still...can’t help but feel as though not everyone would get that courtesy.

Looks like passing was at a premium unless your name was Marshall (16th to 7th),  Friesen (15th to 8th),  Rudolph (25th to 13th),  Decker (24th to 15th) or Godown (26th to 17th). Did they have a few cautions to periodically bunch up the field or did they string a lot of caution free laps together?

19 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Looks like passing was at a premium unless your name was Marshall (16th to 7th),  Friesen (15th to 8th),  Rudolph (25th to 13th),  Decker (24th to 15th) or Godown (26th to 17th). Did they have a few cautions to periodically bunch up the field or did they string a lot of caution free laps together?

Those numbers of cars passed is largely due to attrition. Godown started in the rear and finished there, he couldn't pass a running car. Terrible race. Stews car looked like it was not fun to drive. Heard rumblings that there may be a change in the wind,

Extra caution laps were bull. I don’t know why Dirt has to have the 3 lap rule for cautions.

1 hour ago, zmahoney21 said:

The race sucked and further solidified my point that The Valley is a great place to party and get some food but the racing is secondary. 

Also, I’d like to ask this question. When the Dr broke, a caution was thrown. He cleared the track. They should have lined up and gone green. Instead, they drove around for a couple laps, at which time Sheppard came in and changed a RR which WASN’T FLAT. Why do they then extend the caution period for 2 more laps? He didn’t bring out the caution and yet was treated as though he did. It obviously didn’t matter because he was a turd last night but still...can’t help but feel as though not everyone would get that courtesy.

Everybody one who follows the series would. 

They don’t want guys losing laps in the pits

3 minutes ago, Rangers94 said:

Extra caution laps were bull. I don’t know why Dirt has to have the 3 lap rule for cautions.

6-8 lap rule for Phelps at weedsport 

Friesens car looked exactly like JRs dkm looked all year. Out to lunch. It seems to be a constant battle between driver and car with the dkm chassis at LV. 

The track last night was just a product of the weather.  Cool temps all day with sporadic sun and temps that dropped into the 50s after the sun went down. It kept moisture in the track all night. The track IMO was tricky last night for some reason tho.  Alot of cars pounded the wall in 3/4 all by themselves when they lost grip in one spot in turn 3. Idk what that was all about.  There was little to no bottom groove. Definitely disappointing from a fans standpoint. RJ has been mediocre at best this year and the guy led 90+laps from the pole and was never really challenged until tremont showed up. The track was wide and smooth and i thought leading yp to the feature it was gonna be awesome. They pounded it with water before the pure stock features started and it never lost moisture all night.  A little less moisture and maybe the race would have been exciting, track prep just miscalculated on the amount of moisture the track needed. 

Hearn's right rear tire was blistered/coming apart pretty good on the outer edge after the race.  I assume this kept him from making his normal charge to the front. Tremont's & RJ's tires looked fine to me.   

1 hour ago, lrgmouth said:

Heard rumblings that there may be a change in the wind,

Care to share more about this pretty vague, open-ended statement? Do you mean from a chassis side of things for Friesen?

Not the greatest race ever, but you can't talk about passing being at a premium and not mention Tremont coming from 8th to win and making every pass under green.  It was fun watching him do his thing.

Also, even though RJ has struggled he's been better there lately as he's gotten more laps under his belt and had the fastest lap of the race so he's no slug out there leading 90 laps.

2 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Those numbers of cars passed is largely due to attrition. Godown started in the rear and finished there, he couldn't pass a running car. Terrible race. Stews car looked like it was not fun to drive. Heard rumblings that there may be a change in the wind,

Wow… interesting. Thanks for sharing that info. I looked at Mylaps but they didn't have Modified info.  I didn't realize so many dropped out. Why so much attrition? 

1 hour ago, royaluglydudes said:

Not the greatest race ever, but you can't talk about passing being at a premium and not mention Tremont coming from 8th to win and making every pass under green.  It was fun watching him do his thing.

Also, even though RJ has struggled he's been better there lately as he's gotten more laps under his belt and had the fastest lap of the race so he's no slug out there leading 90 laps.

You are right. I missed the fact that Kenny came from 8th to 1st.  Would have been great way to finish season for RJ if he held on but we all know Tremont is a master at the Valley and no slouch at Malta.

Tremont was the best car. 8th to 1st, but DR blew up and Mark Johnson went backwards  so he passed 5 decent running cars in 93 lapsto get to the front. Like I said terrible race...

44 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You are right. I missed the fact that Kenny came from 8th to 1st.  Would have been great way to finish season for RJ if he held on but we all know Tremont is a master at the Valley and no slouch at Malta.

I think if RJ runs at the Valley next year he'll have a much better season there than he did this year.

• Confused 1

I wasn't there, but I don't get the bitching about a series race that had the best car win from eighth. That seems strange when a hell of a lot of the races on the series at places other than Lebanon Valley are won from further front than eighth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1