I'm interested in what the rest of the purse is going to be this year. Howie stated after last years race that he was a little embarrassed that second on back only paid normal money so he is charging $26 (general admission) this year (was $24 last year) so he could raise the purse thru the field some. Apparently attendance last year was 7,000 people so that would be an extra $14,000 for this years race if he is true to his word and they draw the same amount of people. I'm guessing he may add $5,000 tops and have some excuse as to why he couldn't do more even though the place will be packed am sure. Hopefully I am wrong though. I guess it doesn't matter ultimately. Will draw the same amount of cars no matter what the purse is and this race is still cheaper then most SDS races to get into. 

• Like 1

I do agree.  A big purse at the valley doesn’t really draw more cars normally.  I’m definitely planning on going though. Im actually 1 of the people that enjoy my 2-3 trips to the valley each year 

I gotta laugh when people bitch about the prices to get in at the Capital District tracks.

For Mr. DIRT It's $30 for members to get in the pits, $35 for non members.

At my home track at Stafford it's $35 for the pits on a normal Friday night show, if there's a touring series it's $45-50.

• Like 3

I will never understand this board when it comes to purses. The Valley pays at least $18,000 above the minimum series purse and the first  post is bitching about the distribution instead of mentioning the tracks that pay not a cent more than the minimum.

Where are all these other Modified tracks paying $25K to win for a $26 admission?

• Like 5

You need to understand that people just love to complain. It makes them feel important. 

12 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

I gotta laugh when people bitch about the prices to get in at the Capital District tracks.

At my home track at Stafford it's $35 for the pits on a normal Friday night show, if there's a touring series it's $45-50.

Can't complain about the admission price....more than fair.

55 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

I will never understand this board when it comes to purses. The Valley pays at least $18,000 above the minimum series purse and the first  post is bitching about the distribution instead of mentioning the tracks that pay not a cent more than the minimum.

Where are all these other Modified tracks paying $25K to win for a $26 admission?

Admission is more than fair..... Like 22racingteam I enjoy my 1-2 trips to the Valley every year.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 9:34 AM, FightForTheRail said:

Not just this board. When Eldora had the audacity to pay $175k to win the Kings Royal, people complained about the disparity between first and second and the rest of the purse despite the fact that Eldora had added several thousand to positions 2-24 a couple of years ago. 

Despite the message boards, I’ve always felt that average  race fans respond to a large winners purse more than a large purse disbursed more evenly throughout the field. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, con7 said:

Despite the message boards, I’ve always felt that average  race fans respond to a large winners purse more than a large purse disbursed more evenly throughout the field. 

Agree completely with that. The huge number up front does create a "buzz" to an event. As far as Modified events go, the Freedom 76 is not what it was when I was a kid, but the $50,000 to win show was just crazy.

Mr Dirt one of my favorite events of the season.  Always a good show.  I wish it would go back to a Thursday in  mid August though.  

Labor Day weekend is  normally saturated with big events.  It is hard to  choose

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leroy said:

Mr Dirt one of my favorite events of the season.  Always a good show.  I wish it would go back to a Thursday in  mid August though.  

Labor Day weekend is  normally saturated with big events.  It is hard to  choose

It also ruins what was traditionally the final points night for Saturday dirt sanctioned tracks.

• Like 2

For the people who complain about the purses, give me the number to YOUR employer so i can give them a call to let them know you are unhappy about YOUR pay. Hopefully they will give you a raise or tell me to tell you to pound sand.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

For the people who complain about the purses, give me the number to YOUR employer so i can give them a call to let them know you are unhappy about YOUR pay. Hopefully they will give you a raise or tell me to tell you to pound sand.

Huh ??? That’ll teach em !! WTF ?....#shortbus

On 8/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, Sicklajoie said:

Stafford is getting 20 for a regular show and 30 to 40 general admission for specials. This for a show that has 5 divisions, 3 of which have a car count frequently under 15 cars.  I used to go to Stafford weekly.  I have been 2 times this year.    Its getting easier and easier to find something else to do instead.  

I went to a double features show at Lebanon Valley for I think 11 dollars earlier this year.  I think with all that I still probably got out earlier than a regular show at Stafford. I cant believe people complain about the place.  I would go weekly just for the food alone if it wasn't 2 hours away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Huh ??? That’ll teach em !! WTF ?....#shortbus

Huh, what? Why the eff are FANS concerned about what the drivers are getting paid? It's none of your business. If the drivers don't like the pay they will find someplace else to race.

20 hours ago, csg said:

Stafford is getting 20 for a regular show and 30 to 40 general admission for specials. This for a show that has 5 divisions, 3 of which have a car count frequently under 15 cars.  I used to go to Stafford weekly.  I have been 2 times this year.    Its getting easier and easier to find something else to do instead.  

I went to a double features show at Lebanon Valley for I think 11 dollars earlier this year.  I think with all that I still probably got out earlier than a regular show at Stafford. I cant believe people complain about the place.  I would go weekly just for the food alone if it wasn't 2 hours away. 

Even with it being 2 hours away we went weekly when we weren't going to another big show somewhere else. The Valley was/is my Saturday night home regardless of who pisses and whines about the place. This season my attendance is an anomaly because of a commitment at OCFS. 

Worst part about going to Lebanon is the top end of RT 22 is beat to hell and you have to go slow if you have a car or risk bending a wheel, blown tire, etc.

42 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Even with it being 2 hours away we went weekly when we weren't going to another big show somewhere else. The Valley was/is my Saturday night home regardless of who pisses and whines about the place. This season my attendance is an anomaly because of a commitment at OCFS. 

Worst part about going to Lebanon is the top end of RT 22 is beat to hell and you have to go slow if you have a car or risk bending a wheel, blown tire, etc.

The 2 mile section of Rt 22 that had "Rough Road" signs put up has been resurfaced. Not joking. But just that section.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

The 2 mile section of Rt 22 that had "Rough Road" signs put up has been resurfaced. Not joking. But just that section.

Oh sweet! That'll be a much nicer ride on Labor Day Weekend then. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, happyracer said:

I'm interested in what the rest of the purse is going to be this year. Howie stated after last years race that he was a little embarrassed that second on back only paid normal money so he is charging $26 (general admission) this year (was $24 last year) so he could raise the purse thru the field some. Apparently attendance last year was 7,000 people so that would be an extra $14,000 for this years race if he is true to his word and they draw the same amount of people. I'm guessing he may add $5,000 tops and have some excuse as to why he couldn't do more even though the place will be packed am sure. Hopefully I am wrong though. I guess it doesn't matter ultimately. Will draw the same amount of cars no matter what the purse is and this race is still cheaper then most SDS races to get into. 

Not a full purse breakdown but this should give you a general idea: 

"Not only will the winner take home the $25,500, the runner-up nets a cool $8,000, $3,000 for third on down to $1,000 for tenth, and $500 just to take the green." - From the SDS website

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

Got my rooftop tickets the other day. First time sitting up there, heard it's one of the best views in racing. Can't Wait. 

It is a totally different view and experience. I don't sit there because I like dirt in my hair, eyes, nose, and teeth, and I love the smell of race fuel, overheated motors, hot rubber, and blown engines. That may sound crazy, but it's all part of the racing experience.