It rained hard here at about 3:30. They got it worked in. 15.7 seconds around in first group of hot laps. 

Modified heat races arbuthnot was at 18.4. Sportsman hot laps had 2 drivers around 19.6. Fast track and at least 2 groves wide. 

67 Sprint car just won his heat race by half a lap. 10 lap race and he was that fast. I think they all where flat footing it.

Barney flips in turn 1. He is ok.he was towards the front. 3 cars involved. They pushed one away. Donath flipped too.

46 minutes ago, brian moore said:

Yup,  I'm terrible at spelling and I was only going to butcher the name. 

That's ok.  Knew exactly who you meant. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevin M said:

Is it just me, or does it seem car counts for ESS are down this year?

Was thinking the same even the PST as well 

18 hours ago, Kevin M said:

Is it just me, or does it seem car counts for ESS are down this year?

The ESS had really strong car counts early and into June/early July but it’s definitely plateaued right around after speedweek.

Patriot was really low earlier in the year but they just had a full field last night.

Holy was Can-Am ever fast and smooth last night.  15 seconds is quick! (but only want to see that a few times). And Brockville was just awesome last night too, Paul had a nice cushion and smooth surface, sprints were side by side all race.

Yes, we are down some this year.  The main reason is that we just haven't had a rain out since June 2nd at Cornwall.  That's 15 races in a row.  After Speedweek some teams had engine woes and still are trying to catch up.

But, to follow up last year where we had a high of 43 at Land of Legends we knew we would fall off some.  It always seems to go every other year, but being in low 30's/high 20's we aren't sending that many cars home as DNQ's (Although we do pay every DNQ tow money).  And yes, sprint cars (even 360's) are expensive to keep on the track.  We have many of the same issues that other divisions have.  

However, while counts are down some, looks like we will be paying point fund money to 19 teams that have followed at least 2/3rds of the tour.  Eight have hit every show.  

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 11:04 PM, brian moore said:

10 car wins sprint race. Am not attempting to spell his name. Italian name. Good race.

Mario Andretti?   Haha kidding I knew who you meant too.

• Like 1

Thanks Dean for the information, I have been following ESS for a number of years and to me, there is nothing like having the field compete for a chance to run the A main.  ESS is a grade A club and I hope to catch some racing action later this month.  

• Like 1