Sign in to follow this  
By The Book

OCFS Big Blocks 8/10 Just Finishing Last Week's Show?

It looks like This Saturday (8/10) the big blocks are just finishing last week's show (double features) but not running a new show. So if someone who wasn't there last week shows up, maybe they would be allowed to start at the rear of the consi? The article in AARN said they would have a complete new show this week but the schedule the track posted says otherwise. Looks like the big block only drivers will have to pay twice to run one show, although for most it will be 2 features. They had 34 cars and were going to start 30.

They,[ OC] have the facility, and calls the shots,,, racers WILL race no matter what they make them do,,

To late for me I won’t be back . Spent to much money to watch shit racing on shit track. The first 8 weeks .4 adult tickets no seniors discounts no kid discounts I tried the drive inn area a few times to save a buck. Just can’t do it 

To each his own. Modifieds are what I go to see. Two big block features and 1 small block feature. I’m in.  Jimmy Phelps is here. Godown is here. Assume Pauch and Dunn are here in addition to the other OCFS regulars.

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, Dale Larsen said:

Added to a Small Block, Sportsman and Street Stock Program. OCFS also dropped admission price the second time this season to $10. Free for Fire and EMS personnel

Excellent use of the word added to put a positive spin on what was essentially a cancellation. They added the heldover races but cancelled part of the scheduled show. Fans made out OK with the reduced admission. Track made out OK because it didn't have to pay out an entire Modified race purse. Modified drivers, owners, and crews not so much. I will say it was nice of them to increase the starting field by 2 cars when they saw that a couple new cars showed up.