and fyi, i firmly believe what you do on your own time is your business BUT, if you need to follow certain rules to keep your job you better do what you need to do to keep it that way.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, trey3kt said:

Lmao. He wasn’t on it. The test goes back 30 days.  So if he smoked three Wednesday’s before Eldora did it affect his driving at Eldora? I’ll hang up and listen 

So if the test goes back 30 days, that means he was smoking in late June or so. Telling a cop you should get out of a speeding ticket because he didn't pull you over a month ago doesn't work, either.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, mccreadiefan939 said:

Indefinite suspension from all DirtCar events (heard it was a failed drug test)

What should we expect from 'indefinite'?

Two weeks? Two months?       or more...

Back in time for Dirtweek?

43 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

So if the test goes back 30 days, that means he was smoking in late June or so. Telling a cop you should get out of a speeding ticket because he didn't pull you over a month ago doesn't work, either.

What if he lives in a state or Canada where it’s legal?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

Damn PED's, lol. Will get you every time.

Interestingly enough, I don’t think they test for that stuff.  

38 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I was told if he passes 2 tests prior to dirtweek he can participate 

They did that for Bloomer when he failed his piss test. He had to pass two more tests and go through a rehab program and his suspension only ended up being like two months. 

1 hour ago, trey3kt said:

I don't think this matters. It's a dirtcar rule, so it has nothing to do with what state he purchased or used it in. I could be wrong though. 

Also, even if all the states were to legalize it, it doesn't mean that dirtcar has to change their rules. Pretty sure they could still drug test for it and penalize a driver for using it.

• Like 1

If it's legal in the state or in Canada doesn't matter. If you know that it's against the rules to race with drugs in your system. Or if you know that you can be tested and have it show up in your system for a certain period of time then you have a choice to make. I know someone who had 2 job offers for doing the same job. He took the one that paid 10 grand less a year just because they didn't do random drug testing. Dumbass still tries to tell me pot doesn't hurt you. 

Leave the kid alone.  Grow up, storm area 51 if you want.  Admitted he made a mistake.  Any of you that are still debating this , who has NEVER made a mistake that would be deemed careless, criminal, or otherwise...should continue discussing while applying for sainthood.

15 hours ago, RacerChick29s said:

Bob, 

Just out of curiosity, were you able to find out who the other 4 drivers were? 

Actually - 15 drivers were tested at Eldora.

6 hours ago, brian moore said:

If it's legal in the state or in Canada doesn't matter. If you know that it's against the rules to race with drugs in your system. Or if you know that you can be tested and have it show up in your system for a certain period of time then you have a choice to make. I know someone who had 2 job offers for doing the same job. He took the one that paid 10 grand less a year just because they didn't do random drug testing. Dumbass still tries to tell me pot doesn't hurt you. 

Your last two sentences sum up why it should be legalized across the board. Its that view of it that made it so your friend had to take a job paying 10 g less. You can smoke cigs drink til your liver falls out do an 8 ball of coke on Friday pass a piss test on Tuesday that's what's fucked up. It's almost like the want you to do harder drugs. I understand rules are rules and if its their policy to compete, the drivers know it. Just like my job, I know the consequence if busted. Not saying its health food bit neither is McDonalds and that's legal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brian moore said:

i also work with someone that took that approach, pot is great he says , he cant remember what he had for lunch by 4pm that day or where he was the day before , but ya its good stuff lol, like i said we all have choices to make  , just doesnt always mean its the best choice for that situation , sometimes you have to follow policy to get what you want in life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trey3kt said:

So is growing a beard....all states and Canada...

There's a bunch of jobs where you're required to be clean shaven each day in order to keep that privilege, this is no different.  

Don't like it, find another hobby or follow the rules like everyone else.

• Like 2

Lets just stop with all the marijuana stereotypes. Most of them are more antiquated than having a race car with a big block in it😂

To each their own, but rules are rules and must be followed to play in someone elses sandbox. Simply put. 

• Like 2

If I was a racecar driver, i would be more scared of drivers on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, stop smoking meds, depression meds or some of the other various prescriptions that people are on than some dude that smoke some weed potentially weeks ago. No driver should be racing stoned/high. As stated above, the presence of weed in your system does not make you guilty that you are high at that moment. There needs to be better testing around this area. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 80K said:

If I was a racecar driver, i would be more scared of drivers on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, stop smoking meds, depression meds or some of the other various prescriptions that people are on than some dude that smoke some weed potentially weeks ago. No driver should be racing stoned/high. As stated above, the presence of weed in your system does not make you guilty that you are high at that moment. There needs to be better testing around this area. 

But there isn’t better testing around this area so this what has to be done until there is. These rules aren’t a secret so the driver who chooses to roll the dice must pay the price. No excuses.

20 hours ago, trey3kt said:

Lmao. He wasn’t on it. The test goes back 30 days.  So if he smoked three Wednesday’s before Eldora did it affect his driving at Eldora? I’ll hang up and listen 

am I the only one that realizes that just because he wasn't necessarily high at the time of the test that doesn't mean he wasn't before. it was still in his system and last I checked he's been racing all summer and therefore could have been at a previous race...….not saying he was but this test will keep him from again or at least make him think twice about it next time

• Like 2

18 hours ago, trey3kt said:

Even where it’s legal to smoke/take marijuana, it’s still illegal & unsafe to operate a motorized vehicle.

• Like 2

Illegal to drive high yes. But not illegal to drive if you smoked a week ago and its still showing in your system as the effects have worn off a week ago. 

Nevada was/is the first state with any common sense to pass a law stating you can no long test for weed for the majority of careers. There are some exceptions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B-Train said:

But there isn’t better testing around this area so this what has to be done until there is. These rules aren’t a secret so the driver who chooses to roll the dice must pay the price. No excuses.

Why isn't there. Are doctors and scientists stupid? No but they are scarred if the say something that goes against federal govt what will happen to them. Either lose their jobs or be discredited. IMO

Just me, but one would think in this day and age, you can blow in a tube and well your to drunk to drive, but someone hasn't figured out how to have you blow in a tube and say hey, you had to much hippy lettuce to drive right then and there. Makes no sense. Then it turns into did you have it a bit ago or last week?

• Like 2