My brother and I are going to the 100,000 to win show at Orange County next weekend. It’ll be our first time there in 40 years. We have heard of visibility issues due to haulers being in the infield. Where are the best seats in the house? Their website offers something called “Party Deck” seating. Any idea if this is any good? If I remember reading right they’re steak sammich’s are good. Thanks in advance for any insight. 

In the half covered grandstand, does anyone know what the top row letter is?

There are support columns for the roof of the half covered grandstand that may be an issue visibiity wise depending on where you sit in Rows M or N though.  If you don't want to roll the dice, get Row L if available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Train said:

There are support columns for the roof of the half covered grandstand that may be an issue visibiity wise depending on where you sit in Rows M or N though.  If you don't want to roll the dice, get Row L if available.

Dammit, I forgot about that, I'm in M 14.

The party deck is nice but, yes, expensive. It is the top row of the 1/2 covered grandstand, wide enough for a high top table and chairs. You would have some room to stand and stretch your legs. The stands are the same stands that were there 40 years ago but all the seating has been replaced. The seats in the 1/2 covered are similar to what used to be at Syracuse, if you ever went there.

Most of the sandwiches are in the 8-9 dollar range.

18 hours ago, jsw14886 said:

My brother and I are going to the 100,000 to win show at Orange County next weekend. It’ll be our first time there in 40 years. We have heard of visibility issues due to haulers being in the infield. Where are the best seats in the house? Their website offers something called “Party Deck” seating. Any idea if this is any good? If I remember reading right they’re steak sammich’s are good. Thanks in advance for any insight. 

Party deck consists of 22 4-seat high top tables and chairs. A table costs $400 for Saturday night. I believe they are sold out. You can buy mine for $800 lol

12 hours ago, DaRooster said:

And worth every penny..............

Thats what someone said about the Grinders at Lebanon Valley and my ass looked like a penny slot machine spitting out winnings the whole way home down the thruway. 

• Haha 5

This is all correct, and I’ll add row L is where the support columns go through the stands (you might be “shouldering” next to one. And there might be the possibility where they sell a numbered seat with the post right in your back??? Only a small kid, or a skinny midget can sit there). Row K and below have back rests, rows L and M do not, and N’s back is “walled” up to the floor of the party deck. At any track, I always go for the cheap priced, foil wrapped, mystery meat, cheeseburgers. I load up the gut with a half dozen and this still leaves me with a decent amount of beer money. Beer is pricey at OCFS! That sets me up nice by intermission to use the best bathrooms at any dirt track in the northeast. Plan wisely!

Any chance anyone on here has premium tickets they would like to sell?  We're looking for two seats on the deck.  Willing to pay 100 per ticket.  607-227-3953 if that's easier.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:34 PM, blowinblackboogers said:

This is all correct, and I’ll add row L is where the support columns go through the stands (you might be “shouldering” next to one. And there might be the possibility where they sell a numbered seat with the post right in your back??? Only a small kid, or a skinny midget can sit there). Row K and below have back rests, rows L and M do not, and N’s back is “walled” up to the floor of the party deck. At any track, I always go for the cheap priced, foil wrapped, mystery meat, cheeseburgers. I load up the gut with a half dozen and this still leaves me with a decent amount of beer money. Beer is pricey at OCFS! That sets me up nice by intermission to use the best bathrooms at any dirt track in the northeast. Plan wisely!

Wait.......what?  Row M has no back?  Here I'm thinking all the new seats in the HC grandstand has backs.....

1 hour ago, DaRooster said:

Wait.......what?  Row M has no back?  Here I'm thinking all the new seats in the HC grandstand has backs.....

I was like you in row M , called ticketmaster and asked if I could relocate , I am now in row J  with a seat back and in front of roof posts. 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, racermurray said:

I was like you in row M , called ticketmaster and asked if I could relocate , I am now in row J  with a seat back and in front of roof posts. 😊

I dug out our folding "stadium seat" that we used for West Point football games, I'll be OK now........  

I dont want to hijack the thread but I may go to this show for my first time ever there. But what's the guess for car count? Any chance they hit 80???

8 minutes ago, macho said:

I dont want to hijack the thread but I may go to this show for my first time ever there. But what's the guess for car count? Any chance they hit 80???

For $100,000 to win and $1000 to start. I would think they should get 70 to 80 modifieds easy. But I remember seeing many times on this forum that racers do not race for the money. So who knows what the car count will be. I was suprised to hear that Fuller, Tremont, and Ronnie Johnson will not be in attendance.  

They are supposed to start 40 cars , based on all the tracks running modifieds that day , I think they will be lucky to fill the field .

8/17 Thunder Mountain Speedway 
8/17 Land of Legends Raceway
8/17 Autodrome Drummond (Topless Night) 
8/17 Michael's Mercer Raceway (Championship Night)
8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway 
8/17 Delaware International Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway
8/17 Orange County Fair Speedway (160 laps $100,000 to win) 
8/17 Brockville Ontario Speedway
8/17 Lebanon Valley Speedway (plus Small Blocks) 
8/17 Fulton Speedway
8/17 Merrittville Speedway

11 minutes ago, racermurray said:

They are supposed to start 40 cars , based on all the tracks running modifieds that day , I think they will be lucky to fill the field .

8/17 Thunder Mountain Speedway 
8/17 Land of Legends Raceway
8/17 Autodrome Drummond (Topless Night) 
8/17 Michael's Mercer Raceway (Championship Night)
8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway 
8/17 Delaware International Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway
8/17 Orange County Fair Speedway (160 laps $100,000 to win) 
8/17 Brockville Ontario Speedway
8/17 Lebanon Valley Speedway (plus Small Blocks) 
8/17 Fulton Speedway
8/17 Merrittville Speedway

They will have no problem filling the field...OCFS gets over 30 big blocks for A regular show

2 hours ago, predmore13 said:

For $100,000 to win and $1000 to start. I would think they should get 70 to 80 modifieds easy. But I remember seeing many times on this forum that racers do not race for the money. So who knows what the car count will be. I was suprised to hear that Fuller, Tremont, and Ronnie Johnson will not be in attendance.  

Orange county just posted on there Facebook page that Ronnie Johnson will be there

This is nowhere near a final list. I'm sure there will be plenty of other guys showing up that we haven't heard from...

CONFIRMED

1 Billy Pauch

1z Jessica Zemken (Friday & Saturday only)

2 Jack Lehner

2A Mike Gular

R2 Rusty Smith

3 Justin Haers (Saturday only)

3 Sam Martz

3 Billy Pauch Jr

3 Mat Williamson

K3 Danny Cronk

4 Bobby Hentschel

4 Billy VanInwegen

4 Michael Storms

4 Andy Bachetti

5H Chris Hile

7 Donnie Wilson

7 Rick Laubach (Thursday only)

J7 Brenden Finley

7K Kirk Horton (Saturday only)

9s Matt Sheppard

10 Richie Eurich

16x Danny Creeden

17 Marcus Dinkins

17J Matt Janiak

J17 Jeff Heotzler

17z Brian Krummel

18 Billy Dunn

19JR Roger Henion (Thursday only)

20 Brett Hearn

21 Danny Johnson (Thursday & Saturday only)

21 Gary Edwards Jr

21A Peter Britten

21m Bob McGannon

24 Chris Shultz

25 Erick Rudolph

26 Ryan Godown (Thursday & Saturday only)

29 Ryan Krachun

33 Marc Johnson

33H Matt Hitchcock

35 L.J. Lombardo

35 Mike Mahaney

37 Paul St-Sauveur (Thursday only)

42p Pat Ward

43 Jimmy Horton

44 Anthony Perrego

44 Stewart Friesen (Friday & Saturday only)

47 Chris Grbac (Thursday only)

59 Yannick Mathieu

66 Tommy Meier

69 Tyler Boniface

72 Dom Buffalino

88 Steve Dodd

88 Mike Kolka

88T Tyler Jashembowsky

91 Billy Decker

93x Craig Mitchell

97 Jerry Higbie

98H Jimmy Phelps

99L Larry Wight

111 Demetrios Drellos (Thursday will determine if he stays for the week)

126 Jeff Strunk

220 John Ferrier

244 Chris Whitehead

716 Corey Lowitt