5 hours ago, lenster24 said:

They will have no problem filling the field...OCFS gets over 30 big blocks for A regular show

5 hours ago, racermurray said:

They are supposed to start 40 cars , based on all the tracks running modifieds that day , I think they will be lucky to fill the field .

8/17 Thunder Mountain Speedway 
8/17 Land of Legends Raceway
8/17 Autodrome Drummond (Topless Night) 
8/17 Michael's Mercer Raceway (Championship Night)
8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway 
8/17 Delaware International Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway
8/17 Orange County Fair Speedway (160 laps $100,000 to win) 
8/17 Brockville Ontario Speedway
8/17 Lebanon Valley Speedway (plus Small Blocks) 
8/17 Fulton Speedway
8/17 Merrittville Speedway

I like your math ...  OCFS Saturday’s 8-10-19  regular show drew 40 Modified drivers. I think you’re going to have to sharpen your pencil . Lol

• Like 2

Does anyone have the payout for the 3 days? Or a link to it? Just curious on the pay for the 3 days. 

18 hours ago, DaRooster said:

I dug out our folding "stadium seat" that we used for West Point football games, I'll be OK now........  

DaRooster you’ll be sitting pretty up there with that stadium seat. Racemurray you will have no problems in Row J.

I like to bring binoculars and check out whats going on in the pits. Don’t forget to add your own ketchup on your foil wrapped cheeseburgers. I go with 2 pumps from the community ketchup dispenser. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

DaRooster you’ll be sitting pretty up there with that stadium seat. Racemurray you will have no problems in Row J.

I like to bring binoculars and check out whats going on in the pits. Don’t forget to add your own ketchup on your foil wrapped cheeseburgers. I go with 2 pumps from the community ketchup dispenser. Enjoy!

Thanks , Is row J high enough to see most of the backstretch ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, racermurray said:

They are supposed to start 40 cars , based on all the tracks running modifieds that day , I think they will be lucky to fill the field .

8/17 Thunder Mountain Speedway 
8/17 Land of Legends Raceway
8/17 Autodrome Drummond (Topless Night) 
8/17 Michael's Mercer Raceway (Championship Night)
8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway 
8/17 Delaware International Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway
8/17 Orange County Fair Speedway (160 laps $100,000 to win) 
8/17 Brockville Ontario Speedway
8/17 Lebanon Valley Speedway (plus Small Blocks) 
8/17 Fulton Speedway
8/17 Merrittville Speedway

Bridgeport, New Egypt, and Fonda are not running. I think the Valley is doing show points if any of their regulars want to go.

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Thanks , Is row J high enough to see most of the backstretch ?

You’ll be good, don’t worry. Perrego and the Gypsum teams have some tall haulers that may obstruct your view “a little”. I’ve got my seat in Row K for all three days. Bring yourself a thick cushion to put on the metal bleachers, it’ll give you a couple more inches and your backside will appreciate it. If anyone complains, tell em you got a severe case of the hemorrhoids! I also like to bring some eye and ear protection. Could be a little dusty? Hopefully not. And because of the metal half covered roof, the noise is amplified.

• Like 1

First time at OCFS on Saturday. I bought 4 tickets in the half covered grandstands row L. Is there seats there or only bleachers so I should bring thick cushions?

50 minutes ago, LaVoix said:

First time at OCFS on Saturday. I bought 4 tickets in the half covered grandstands row L. Is there seats there or only bleachers so I should bring thick cushions?

Half covered is all bleachers

11 hours ago, predmore13 said:

For $100,000 to win and $1000 to start. I would think they should get 70 to 80 modifieds easy. But I remember seeing many times on this forum that racers do not race for the money. So who knows what the car count will be. I was suprised to hear that Fuller, Tremont, and Ronnie Johnson will not be in attendance.  

If you have a big block mod and you are a front runner, I have no idea why you wouldn't go. Even if you think it's a long shot to win, 5th pays 10K and 10th pays 5K, The 3 guys named above don't think that's worth it?

• Like 1

There are people who seriously think they'll have a problem drawing a full field for $100k to win? Hahahahahaha!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, chas71 said:

If you have a big block mod and you are a front runner, I have no idea why you wouldn't go. Even if you think it's a long shot to win, 5th pays 10K and 10th pays 5K, The 3 guys named above don't think that's worth it?

I can see why some would not go. Its a tremendous expense. Lodging for a few days, food. All the costs associated with qualifying and racing. Hauling there between highway tolls and fuel. Then there is the wear and tear on equipment, with tracks still in the hunt for points, hurting your engine, damaging your car as its a big fast track.  To some guys that are in the hunt for track championships, that is more valuable than $. Plus some guys may have stout cars at small tracks but nothing for a big track. $1,000 to start is pretty good cash but may not even be enough to cover expenses for the week. And the potential loss of a track championship. Have to remember, there is allot of tracks that did not cancel their weekly events because of this. 

8 minutes ago, 80K said:

I can see why some would not go. Its a tremendous expense. Lodging for a few days, food. All the costs associated with qualifying and racing. Hauling there between highway tolls and fuel. Then there is the wear and tear on equipment, with tracks still in the hunt for points, hurting your engine, damaging your car as its a big fast track.  To some guys that are in the hunt for track championships, that is more valuable than $. Plus some guys may have stout cars at small tracks but nothing for a big track. $1,000 to start is pretty good cash but may not even be enough to cover expenses for the week. And the potential loss of a track championship. Have to remember, there is allot of tracks that did not cancel their weekly events because of this. 

All events are one day, stand alone events ! If you only want to race Saturday, there’s no need to be there Thursday and Friday. 

36 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

All events are one day, stand alone events ! If you only want to race Saturday, there’s no need to be there Thursday and Friday. 

That is technically not 100% accurate. Per the centennial weekend competitors guide.

18.Centennial points will be given to all drivers based on finish of feature. The point scale will be based on a 100-point system. Drivers who fail to qualify will be given twenty (20) centennial points. The points earned from Thursday and Friday will be totaled and the top twelve (12) drivers in Centennial Points will have guaranteed starting positions fourteen through twenty-five (14-25) in the Centennial 160 on Saturday. You must compete in both Thursday and Friday events to be eligible for this.

So with that being said, sure a driver can show up and try to qualify on just Saturday but their chances will be drastically reduced because of rule 18 in the competitor guide.  Smart drivers that are trying to make an honest go at it would show up all 3 days to accrue points towards a guaranteed spot.

Is there allot of passing at OCFS being such a big track? Is it locked down bottom lane? Do guys starting 26 on back really have a chance to win? 

7 hours ago, 80K said:

That is technically not 100% accurate. Per the centennial weekend competitors guide.

18.Centennial points will be given to all drivers based on finish of feature. The point scale will be based on a 100-point system. Drivers who fail to qualify will be given twenty (20) centennial points. The points earned from Thursday and Friday will be totaled and the top twelve (12) drivers in Centennial Points will have guaranteed starting positions fourteen through twenty-five (14-25) in the Centennial 160 on Saturday. You must compete in both Thursday and Friday events to be eligible for this.

So with that being said, sure a driver can show up and try to qualify on just Saturday but their chances will be drastically reduced because of rule 18 in the competitor guide.  Smart drivers that are trying to make an honest go at it would show up all 3 days to accrue points towards a guaranteed spot.

Is there allot of passing at OCFS being such a big track? Is it locked down bottom lane? Do guys starting 26 on back really have a chance to win? 

I believe Saturdays qualifying is not impacted by what happens on Th-Fr, so, you could qualify on Saturday and start 1-13, correct?

Pretty sure that all got scrapped when Thursday became the SDS make up race. Winner of the SDS race is guaranteed to start Saturday's show but that whole points thing is out. Don't quote me on that though. Straight info seems hard to come by and I was not at the SDS drivers meeting so I don't know what they may or may not have said.

As I understand it, Saturday night is a complete show, so you would only have to show up Saturday for the big dance.

Tonight's show was less than stellar. Good field of cars for sure. Track conditions weren't bad, just the top wasn't there so it was a lot of single file and real hard to pass. We'll see if adjustments are made for tomorrow... Er, later today.

7 hours ago, westracing01 said:

Pretty sure that all got scrapped when Thursday became the SDS make up race. Winner of the SDS race is guaranteed to start Saturday's show but that whole points thing is out. Don't quote me on that though. Straight info seems hard to come by and I was not at the SDS drivers meeting so I don't know what they may or may not have said.

As I understand it, Saturday night is a complete show, so you would only have to show up Saturday for the big dance.

Tonight's show was less than stellar. Good field of cars for sure. Track conditions weren't bad, just the top wasn't there so it was a lot of single file and real hard to pass. We'll see if adjustments are made for tomorrow... Er, later today.

Still doing the points for Saturdays race

I bought a reserved seat in the upper row of the covered grandstand ($35 at the time) for the Battle of the Midway last month and drove out there for the rainout. I was happy to hear that there would be a make up date and my ticket and wristband would be good for the make up. I was going to just this event, not the rest of the Centennial Weekend because I go to Stafford on Fridays and we're racing Lebanon Valley on Saturday.

Pull up to park and was told it was $20 which is good for the whole weekend. Which does me no good because I'm only here for the Thursday race. To me it's the principle so I drive down the road to some music place and park there and walk. Yeah I'm cheap but I'm not paying $20 to park for one night's race.

Go to ticket booth with wrist band and ticket from last month. Was told that since this is a new event (sportsman race added) that it was now $10 extra. Now I go to the Valley every week and it's $11 for GA for a full program there. I'm paying an extra $10 at OCFS for the addition of a sportsman race? Then I'm told that the top rows of the grandstand are sold out because of the weekend packages so my top row seat is no longer available. But there are seats available from the 10th row down. So for $10 extra bucks I can now have a seat where I can't see half the backstretch or parts of 3 & 4. Not knowing what the crowd was going to be like since I got there early I grudgingly paid the extra money.

The whole obstructed backstretch view would be mute because by feature time the dust was so bad that even if there was roof seats available there you wouldn't see squat.

I'm glad to see the track is smoother and the consi with Strunk and Boniface was entertaining. I try really hard to like the place. And we'll probably racing there Eastern States weekend. But a lot of things about the place are just so damn frustrating. I won't miss be there for the Centennial race. I'll be glad to be racing the Valley this Saturday.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:49 PM, By The Book said:

Bridgeport, New Egypt, and Fonda are not running. I think the Valley is doing show points if any of their regulars want to go.

That is correct. LV is show up points only for Saturday and if one of their guys runs the centennial race they will also be awarded those points (or it's a no points show so it doesn't matter where you go-that is what they are doing for small blocks...not sure about big blocks). 

I know Bachetti, Lombardo, M. Johnson are at OCFS...not sure of any others 

47 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

That is correct. LV is show up points only for Saturday and if one of their guys runs the centennial race they will also be awarded those points (or it's a no points show so it doesn't matter where you go-that is what they are doing for small blocks...not sure about big blocks). 

I know Bachetti, Lombardo, M. Johnson are at OCFS...not sure of any others 

Batman too

• Like 1