Not sure I had seen details on what Albany-Saratoga had planned for the same weekend of the Fonda 200 but details are now out...

http://albany-saratogaspeedway.com/reserved-seating-available-free-camping-for-malta-massive-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR2dPn5ebfYlnQZ9rt9eN53YURXKea8R9YVY1gQ3GBep-ePl_K0chwiOZVA

16 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Not sure I had seen details on what Albany-Saratoga had planned for the same weekend of the Fonda 200 but details are now out...

http://albany-saratogaspeedway.com/reserved-seating-available-free-camping-for-malta-massive-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR2dPn5ebfYlnQZ9rt9eN53YURXKea8R9YVY1gQ3GBep-ePl_K0chwiOZVA

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the fonda 200 is the following weekend.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, predmore13 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the fonda 200 is the following weekend.

Correct

What I am trying to figure out is why is Malta having a $5K to win Pro Stock race on 9/6?? The sportsman have been averaging 30-34 cars a week (plus 20+ limited sportsman) and the pro stocks only 18-20 most night. Plus the pro stocks have been wreck fests a majority of the time this season. Seems to me they should be rewarding the Sportsman division with a huge paying race and not the pro stocks. I know it is not my sandbox or money but is confusing to me as a long time race fan. Just seems backwards to me I guess. 

10 hours ago, happyracer said:

What I am trying to figure out is why is Malta having a $5K to win Pro Stock race on 9/6?? The sportsman have been averaging 30-34 cars a week (plus 20+ limited sportsman) and the pro stocks only 18-20 most night. Plus the pro stocks have been wreck fests a majority of the time this season. Seems to me they should be rewarding the Sportsman division with a huge paying race and not the pro stocks. I know it is not my sandbox or money but is confusing to me as a long time race fan. Just seems backwards to me I guess. 

Not sure if it's the case there but I know sometimes the sponsor putting up the extra cash to win will decide what class he wants to reward. I've seen some family of an ex driver of a class sponsor a big race for those cars. It might not be the promoter's decision. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would add that the schedule was already out long before anyone knew that the class would be a “wreckfest this year. You never really know what you’re going to get with the class week to week. I’ve seen many nights where they were the best race of the night and then turn around the next week and look like they never sat in a race car before.

• Thanks 1