Just got home. Chaos. Just, chaos. I was not 3 feet from Sheppard when he went off on Gurda. Suitcase told them they could go work on their cars without penalty. Gurda overruled him and Larsen said basically piss up a rope, this is how it's going to be. So, if you went into the pits, you were told originally you could fix your car without penalty, only to find out later this is not the case and you'll start at the tail.

Sheppard and Perrego both were fit to be tied. Thought one of them was going to break Gurda's jaw but they backed off when it looked like Gurda just might throw down. Larsen was in no mood to hear any of that garbage.

Middletown is a confused, chaotic, ass backwards, hypocritical hell hole and I cannot wait for next weekend to be over so I don't have to go work on the car at that disgrace. 

Having all the money on God's Earth doesn't mean you know how to run a racetrack and this $100k fiasco proves it. 

I said before it was either going to be a disaster or a triumph and you probably wanted to be there to see it. The half full (and that's generous) grandstands were probably glad they were there, but for all the wrong reasons.

Now, track surface was very good, before and after the rain. Truck exhibition was worthless. Race itself was very good. The running of the event, no, not so much.

• Like 4

You see this all the time with guys with more money than sense, they know so much better than everyone else and then proceed to blow their own foot off with mistake after mistake.

They easily fix the hard stuff because they have money to burn ... and then total blow all of the goodwill they created by screwing up the easy stuff.

Just be consistent, pick a ruling and stick with it. 

Phantom yellow with a few laps to go that gives the track owners driver/car another shot at the leader. Boy I hope this in inaccurate and there was a real reason for the late race yellow. This wasn't a NASCAR race Mr Larsen if not. Don't even get me going on the over turned pit under red w/o any penalty fiasco. So glad I stayed away. Once again I would not have went even if I had free tickets. I have been to over 200 tracks and OC is very very low on my list of tracks as far as enjoyment goes. 

The sad thing is people paid good money to see this favoritism garbage.If I was Matt,et all, I would urge all the upstate drivers to boycott the place let the ''fav boys'' win evry wk! all the money in the world, never buys common sense

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, zzz said:

The sad thing is people paid good money to see this favoritism garbage.If I was Matt,et all, I would urge all the upstate drivers to boycott the place let the ''fav boys'' win evry wk! all the money in the world, never buys common sense

Which Matt? 

• Haha 2

Pretty cool to see Mat williamson get the win. If there was any doubt over whether or not he has arrived in the elite conversation after the year he’s had, I’d say it’s officially over now.

Congrats on the win to the entire team. Enjoyed watching the DTD interview with him after the fact and hearing about everything going through his mind and his thoughts on how everything played out. 

• Like 2

Track prep wise, it was a good call to start the event later, they would have burned the track. It was great racing in the heats from the get go.

I can understand why people would complain about this situation. They shouldn’t have started the race when they did. They put drivers in a bad situation and it was a catastrophe in the making. They also told Sheppard that he could work on his vehicule, and that’s what he did. I understand why he was so mad about the situation. 

The other thing is, for us fans sitting in the stands, the lack of infos about this situation was astounding. The track has two announcers, and even added Mandee Pauch to report in the pits. The only thing they did is show the great FOX Sports documentary about OCFS. A good show, no doubt, but when you watch it three times during the night, you get bored!

I made a six hour trek to attend the event last night to witness history. What would be racing without a bit of controversy? No doubt I won’t forget the Centennial race in a lifetime.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

We have a curve ball for tonight.  They are opening the right rear tire rule to allow the 300 compound.  That is going to make things very interesting as everyone is on a blank slate now after having to run a 400 on the right rear the first two nights.

As it turned out, winner Matt Williamson used the 300.

2 hours ago, John Williams said:

This comment wouldn't exist if your boy would have won.

Shepard had passed  8/10 cars during caution ,now that's a champion

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, JohnyC said:

Matt has to be close to $150,000 in winnings this season. He is so dialed in right now. 

After Saturday's race his total for the year so far is $198,734 plus what 2nd place at the Jan Corcoran Memorial paid (if anyone knows please post it so I can add it to the total).

15 hours ago, chas71 said:

He made heavy contact with a stopped car on the track, not sure which one. Lots of damage on right side, although hard to tell how much is body and how much is structural.

He stopped on pit lane at first, got out, ran to the first official he could find, found out it was OK to repair the car under red, then ran back to his car, at the same time telling his crew to get back to the trailer. Never saw anyone hop into a car, fire it up, and drive away so fast in my life. As he drove away, the right rear tire was moving back and forth in relation to the body, so definitely some suspension damage. I think they unloaded the backup and took the right rear quarter panel off it and put it on the car they were racing.

3 hours ago, LaVoix said:

Track prep wise, it was a good call to start the event later, they would have burned the track. It was great racing in the heats from the get go.

I can understand why people would complain about this situation. They shouldn’t have started the race when they did. They put drivers in a bad situation and it was a catastrophe in the making. They also told Sheppard that he could work on his vehicule, and that’s what he did. I understand why he was so mad about the situation. 

The other thing is, for us fans sitting in the stands, the lack of infos about this situation was astounding. The track has two announcers, and even added Mandee Pauch to report in the pits. The only thing they did is show the great FOX Sports documentary about OCFS. A good show, no doubt, but when you watch it three times during the night, you get bored!

I made a six hour trek to attend the event last night to witness history. What would be racing without a bit of controversy? No doubt I won’t forget the Centennial race in a lifetime.

Ditto.

There was a lot of lightening before the race started and everyone with a smartphone knew there was a line of showers going to hit any minute.

3 hours ago, LaVoix said:

Does anyone think that Sheppard would not have worked on his car if they said you had to go to the back? He would have had to work on it anyway.

Saying that, once you make a decision at that point (allowing them to work on their cars) , you gotta stick with it.

There were a bunch of wrong decisions made.....not waiting out the rain that wasn’t large but was certainly going to hit was 1st.....not throwing the yellow earlier was 2nd....3rd allowing the guys to work under the red is questionable, but understanding given the circumstances....but telling them they could get their spots back was dead wrong....not everyone from 11th on back was in the wreck...why should they not move past the guys that were????? However.....once that call is made, that’s the call....you gotta stick with it. My guess is a bunch of guys that were not in the wreck then argued about giving guys the spots back and the decision was reversed. You shouldn’t penalize guys that didn’t wreck. The whole deal looked like a cluster f@*k , ran by a bunch of ppl who had no idea what was going on. I was not there, bought the sat ppv as I was out of town, but based off of 20 or so ppl that went....they certainly priced themselves out of success. The grandstands were empty Thursday and friday, decent at best Saturday. Camping from what I was told was abismal, and they had 70 cars, which some of us said was a max number because the place is too expensive to go try. Happy for matt Williamson and his team, but by the sounds of it the weekend left a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

Ok a few things, and correct me if I’m wrong. Isn’t it normally per track rules at all tracks that your not allowed to work on your car under the red? And if he did get out of his car to approach a official isn’t that a no no as well? 

1 hour ago, By The Book said:

After Saturday's race his total for the year so far is $198,734 plus what 2nd place at the Jan Corcoran Memorial paid (if anyone knows please post it so I can add it to the total).

So with points funds and still a number of big races ahead he could certainly reach $300,000

I surely can not be the only one who figured that this event had a better than even chance of becoming a clusterfck?  It had all the makings

Heck, for starters tickets did not even go on sale until five weeks before the event.   What other big events do this????  That right there is not the best judgement

The track also has a history of some controversial calls in past races.  

Then there is the fact that a lot of people seemed turned off by the pricing

• Like 2