12 hours ago, atlkevin said:

Listen up, race control knew the skies were gonna open up big time just moments after the green fell so like whats the point?  Nothing was gaining by starting the race before the rain fell but a lot was lost in the way of wrecked cars.  Just a bad decision all the way around and thankfully no one was hurt.     

Actually there was one that was gained ....Curfew .... As long as the first lap of the race started by 11 they could run as late as they want. If they held off the start then by the time the track was suitable again it would have been a wrap 

4 minutes ago, sm24j said:

Actually there was one that was gained ....Curfew .... As long as the first lap of the race started by 11 they could run as late as they want. If they held off the start then by the time the track was suitable again it would have been a wrap 

Ask Jeff Strunk or Brian Krummel what they think of that. 

I’m not disagreeing with any arguments here regarding the running of the show,  the choice to throw the green with rain in the forecast,  Stewart’s yellow, etc.  I wasn’t there and could not wat h the live stream either so I don’t have a point to argue.  I would just like to see some more positivity regarding our Modifieds.  I think the intentions were great.  We complain so much about the purses and everything in between.  Let’s not loose sight of the fact that someone put up a life changing purse, one we have not seen before and may never again.  We should have some positive thought in hopes something like this could happen again down the road.  Nothing ever goes as it should and it seems by the fans that watched,  there was a lot to be desired and learned from.  I’m thankful that a lot of money was put up over the weekend by the owner as it seemed he tried to make a big impact for our sport.  Think about how much money Matt collected in three days and he didn’t even win the$100, 000.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Well I could see how that would be frustrating but if a track makes  or changes a rule that could benefit everyone,  how is that a bad thing?

I could see the weekly drivers wondering why they changed it during a big show but it seems like the track was trying to help out drivers and work with them. 

I could also see a reason to be upset if they only had 20 tires available and 50 drivers didn't have access to the same option as their competitors. 

How many 300's you think a car owner has that is also a major racing components distributor might have at his disposal?  it wouldn't surprise me at all if certain people had advanced notice about a tire rule change before others were informed about it.  hopefully ESW will be better than this and it won't rain.

Just now, atlkevin said:

How many 300's you think a car owner has that is also a major racing components distributor might have at his disposal?  it wouldn't surprise me at all if certain people had advanced notice about a tire rule change before others were informed about it.  hopefully ESW will be better than this and it won't rain.

Watch the interview with Williamson

It’s great they offered up that much money....they did everything they could to bring national exposure to the event....and anybody that came to witness it from other corners of the racing world left saying “wow , this is the most backwoods operation we’ve seen”..... the way the whole day was handled and the way they priced it, made it look like northeast modified racing deserves to be the red headed step child to most national type cars. That’s the disappointing part, a year of planning, good promotion, tim McGraw, huge purse.....made for an opportunity for the country to see and pay attention to , ,imo , the best dirt racing period. Instead it was a shit show and somewhat embarrassing all the way from the empty grandstands to the rules package and ending with the race procedure. Throw in an epic bitch fest, broadcast live and focused in on...and most people probably think it’s more of a circus than real racing. 

• Like 2

I have a question. If they have to have a green flag lap in before curfew, if they was to tell drivers over radio stay in your position we and gonna do one lap, could they have waved the green and yellow at same time to complete a full lap? Would that fly as far as curfew rule is concerned?

17 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

It’s great they offered up that much money....they did everything they could to bring national exposure to the event....and anybody that came to witness it from other corners of the racing world left saying “wow , this is the most backwoods operation we’ve seen”..... the way the whole day was handled and the way they priced it, made it look like northeast modified racing deserves to be the red headed step child to most national type cars. That’s the disappointing part, a year of planning, good promotion, tim McGraw, huge purse.....made for an opportunity for the country to see and pay attention to , ,imo , the best dirt racing period. Instead it was a shit show and somewhat embarrassing all the way from the empty grandstands to the rules package and ending with the race procedure. Throw in an epic bitch fest, broadcast live and focused in on...and most people probably think it’s more of a circus than real racing. 

I dont think it was all doom and gloom as you say maybe you just need a little perspective . I was concerned a little about the lack of filled seats myself. But then I attended the "Indy car" race at Pocono.... wanna talk about s*#t show They were handing out free tickets at the front entrance when  we walked in, they started 22 cars 5 got wiped out in the first 5 mins and you wanna talk about boring follow the leader racing... it was so bad we left 50 laps in, and we were not the only ones walking out to our car. And I have to say the facility while nice looking for the parts the tv camera capture, the rest had me longing for OCFS. All of racing is having the issues with attendance ...kids would rather play with their phones than wrench on a car and its showing up in attendance everywere     

19 hours ago, gary tomkins said:

You are allowed to work on your car under a red flag as long as it is in the designated work area (pits). I'm not sure why there is always a confusion about this, I don't ever remember not being allowed to work on a car under red as long as it was in the pit area.

As far as OCFS , (with the exception of the DIRT years), it was always against the rules to work on a car under red .

I could be wrong but I think it has to be Started ...if you ran one lap under caution it would tick off the town 

someone tell suitcase to trade in his one way radio for a string and two cans...they work real well when u pull the string tight LOL.  drivers had trouble hearing him on the back stretch. seriously now, ocfs should to change over to a different raceceiver channel...454.000 is getting heavy interference from a digital control channel used by a trunked radio system.  883 would work much better and the drivers should NOT be putting the raceceiver inside their driver suits...put it outside in a holder velcro-ed to one of the roll bars or something.  the earphone wires also act as the antenna and don't used el cheapo earbuds from walmart either...they're the wrong impedance and the volume will be really LOW.  a fresh battery always helps too.  

2 minutes ago, sm24j said:

I could be wrong but I think it has to be Started ...if you ran one lap under caution it would tick off the town 

I thought ocfs hired someone new to be in charge of track maintenance? he's not getting the job done...had time trials started on time instead of 1.5 hrs late the race could have gotten in before the rain hit.  why isn't the grader out on the track more often?  driving 3 pick up trucks around in the mud isn't really track prep.  ocfs is a BIG track...what works @ accord, bd or gv doesn't cut it here...,they gotta start earlier.  every week its the same deal...put too much water on the track and then waste alot time trying to work it in and burn it off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

I thought ocfs hired someone new to be in charge of track maintenance? he's not getting the job done...had time trials started on time instead of 1.5 hrs late the race could have gotten in before the rain hit.  why isn't the grader out on the track more often?  driving 3 pick up trucks around in the mud isn't really track prep.  ocfs is a BIG track...what works @ accord, bd or gv doesn't cut it here...,they gotta start earlier.  every week its the same deal...put too much water on the track and then waste alot time trying to work it in and burn it off. 

They did hire someone new but the real mistake was putting the clay down in the middle of the season IMO. That clay should have been put down after ESW last year. Clay like firewood needs to be seasoned I honestly think he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. I think after a nice northeast winter that track will be amazing next year 

3 minutes ago, sm24j said:

They did hire someone new but the real mistake was putting the clay down in the middle of the season IMO. That clay should have been put down after ESW last year. Clay like firewood needs to be seasoned I honestly think he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. I think after a nice northeast winter that track will be amazing next year 

i'm with you 100% on that point...put some lime down and tear it up with a furrow after ESW and let it sit all winter like that.

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

you forgot to mention the national anthem done on electric guitar which was complete disgrace... i hope we don't get that again for ESW.  but they did hand out some beautiful 100th anniversary lithographed posters for the fan autograph session.  the jumbotrons were awesome too.  to all the teams that made the long ride to get here a huge "thank you" for coming and i hope they'll all be back for ESW.

36 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

you forgot to mention the national anthem done on electric guitar which was complete disgrace... i hope we don't get that again for ESW.  

The guy was from the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I thought he rocked it! 

Sorry the event was a disaster for you.  I loved every second of it and were there early.  Even during the rain delay people were having a great time at the 31st Lap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Put that same 3 day race schedule at Fulton and you'd see a flawless show.  

Funny thing, when the wife and i go out of state traveling or even within state we try to hit up a new racetrack. Lets just say we've been to some real dumps that leave us wondering how is this place still in operation. It then makes us realize how clean, efficient and professionally run Brewerton and Fulton are. How fortunate we are to have both those tracks 20 minutes in either direction from our home. OCFS, not on their level. 

• Like 2

I was not there,but was ELATED one of the golden ones didn't win,.even my fav #9,,,,Hope you cashed the check matt as they are prob. looking to dq you good job!,.

OCFS is Mr. Larsen's sand box. Now, understand exactly what I mean by that. He's the King, you race their at your own peril. Expect no fair play. Gurda and Sanchelli didn't make any calls, it just came out of their mouths. Sanchelli made the initial call, was overruled and from there the real decisions were coming from the top. 

Everyone thinks Larsen is God's gift. That's nice he put in new bathrooms, and speakers, catch fence and new lights are coming. That'll make the boring ass truck race he wants so bad look good and it'll make his field of Halmar sponsored cars look good on Saturday's when they're the only ones running there once everyone gets tired of getting screwed. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

OCFS is Mr. Larsen's sand box. Now, understand exactly what I mean by that. He's the King, you race their at your own peril. Expect no fair play. Gurda and Sanchelli didn't make any calls, it just came out of their mouths. Sanchelli made the initial call, was overruled and from there the real decisions were coming from the top. 

Everyone thinks Larsen is God's gift. That's nice he put in new bathrooms, and speakers, catch fence and new lights are coming. That'll make the boring ass truck race he wants so bad look good and it'll make his field of Halmar sponsored cars look good on Saturday's when they're the only ones running there once everyone gets tired of getting screwed. 

Makes ya wonder too if the 44 bringing out the caution with 3 to go was a call from the top. hmmmmm Was he closing the gap on Matt just not fast enough? 

I will be honest I don’t understand the drivers being pissed.  U get wrecked (doesn’t matter that is was from rain) u go in the pits fix it and go to the tail of the  Feild.  Sure u can be mad that that wasn’t what they first told u but if u gave them there spots back you would have had 30+ pissed off guys. 

Look its OCFS.  U had to know something stupid was going to happen.  They are known to screw up big races.   Was there really anybody in the stands that was surprised when the yellow flew with 3 to go?   But watch all those guys that bitched  and whined will be back for ESW and it will happen again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Sure u can be mad that that wasn’t what they first told u but if u gave them there spots back you would have had 30+ pissed off guys. 

The point is the drivers were told one thing from MULTIPLE sources and it was overruled by someone else.

Can you honestly tell me if you were in that situation you wouldn't be pissed off too?

2 hours ago, 80K said:

Makes ya wonder too if the 44 bringing out the caution with 3 to go was a call from the top. hmmmmm Was he closing the gap on Matt just not fast enough? 

If you actually watched the race and saw how high Friesen rode up onto the concrete wall, it looked like there was no way he was coming out of that.  Maybe the flagger did throw the caution too soon on that, but it wouldn't of been the first time that night.  If I recall it was in a heat race earlier that day a driver did a full 360 and kept going, but before he even drove out of it, the caution was thrown.

• Like 1

Yeah, Friessen didn't do that on purpose to draw a yellow. That boy was wheeling that car for all it was worth and then some.

The drivers are pissed for three reasons...

1) $100k...

2) Perrego and Sheppard we're legit threats to win. Them, along with everyone else, were told one thing by THE RACE DIRECTOR, then overruled by Mr. Moneybags and his cronies. 

3) As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but this was a race purely for money. It had no track points, no series points, no nothing but money and bragging rights. The TRACK caused all this chaos by being incompetent boobs and not throwing the yellow or just not starting it when rain was so close. When it's the tracks fault, the track should take some responsibility for making the situation as right as possible.

OCFS deserves all the negative publicity they get for this one.

• Like 5