Sign in to follow this  
no rain

Lap times are down

2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Sometimes the track needs to slow down to produce better racing. 

Always. The fastest tracks have the worst racing.

• Like 2

It was extremely one lane tonight... reminded me of a slowed down version of the old Middletown. They need to go back to whatever they did last Saturday that produced 3-4 wide racing.

1 hour ago, burtonfan1995 said:

It was extremely one lane tonight... reminded me of a slowed down version of the old Middletown. They need to go back to whatever they did last Saturday that produced 3-4 wide racing.

Last week the water truck actually put water down between each feature...…… tonight it just drove around and  "tamped the dust down". What a dust bowl. And yes, I know it's a dirt track...… but when you can't even see the cars, there is something wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it was the calcium they put down. Put a lot if grip into the track and made it 1 lane. I get it, they tried calcium to get control of the dust issue. That failed and added grip which made faster lap times. The racing this past Saturday night was 100x better on the wide slick ice skating rink they had. Hopefully they can get the slick surface back for Friday and Saturday.  

• Like 2

2 seconds is that noticeable? Doubt anyone would know if they didn't have a number to tell them . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dan dan said:

2 seconds is that noticeable? Doubt anyone would know if they didn't have a number to tell them . 

On Sirius nascar a guy called in complaining(shocker) about the reduced horsepower and that it was obvious to him that weekend the cars were slower and so on. Moody then told him they didn’t run the reduced horse power that weekend, they only do that at the big tracks. Crickets on the other end of the phone 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Sometimes the track needs to slow down to produce better racing. 

The "slow" crate sportsman put on the best show last night at OCFS. I took a nap during the big block race......... and my kid was racing in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, no rain said:

And the crates where just a second to two seconds slower on lap time 75.000 motor 3500 motor 

Two seconds so in 11-12 laps they're lapped.

33 minutes ago, no rain said:

Like most of the field last night

Dude just stop, you make yourself look stupider with every post.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

Dude just stop, you make yourself look stupider with every post.

I saw that too. Was it just the top 4 on the lead lap? That’s pretty crazy! 

I can read the 2nd to bottom line on eye chart at dmv and dr. Pretty damn sure I ain't noticing a second or 2 a lap sitting there watching. If someone can see that without looking at the lap times then that's impressive. I'd like to be sitting next to the guy that says big blocks are running 19.3 and sportsman are running 21.3 and I can tell by watching. 

Lap times or no lap times, if you can’t tell the difference between crates and big blocks....you have some sort of issue....I took some family from out of state...never been to a dirt race and they instantly commented on the modifieds when they rolled out for their heat right after sportsman....they thought that the track just put the much faster cars together in a heat race...

• Like 2

Then I got issues. Been going for well over 40 years. Sound yes i guess, speed difference of a second or 2, you are more than welcome to sit next to me and tell me. If you can tell that small of a difference in speed your a genius of some sort. 

It’s not about the second or 2....the sound, the attitude of the car, the way the cars race, closing speed, acceleration....you can’t see a difference in those things???? The sportsman look like they sound....slow version of a modified. Maybe at Middletown they look similar....go to a short track with a normal surface...there is a huge difference.

• Like 3