Sign in to follow this  
blue

A lot of smoke

1 hour ago, Jake Spraker said:

WE HAVE WON 3 OUT OF 4 MOD RACES WITH THAT COMBO. I THINK THE FONDA CAR HAS MORE POWER THAT IS NEEDED AT THE RIDGE . WRECKING THAT CAR THERE DOES CROSS MY MINE !! LOL  

That’s pretty much what I figured lol. I can’t blame u for not wanting to bring that car there. 

12 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

WE HAVE WON 3 OUT OF 4 MOD RACES WITH THAT COMBO. I THINK THE FONDA CAR HAS MORE POWER THAT IS NEEDED AT THE RIDGE . WRECKING THAT CAR THERE DOES CROSS MY MINE !! LOL  

Well Jake i’ll Ask the question everyone wants to ask... “Which one are you bringing to Malta on Friday”?

On 8/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, REDDFOXX said:

Blue, last I knew bore x stroke x # of cyl = cubic inches, not rocket science!

compression ratio is effected by piston configuration, flat top pistons have less compression ratio unlike domed pistons which vary based on how large, style of the domed piston & how much area it fills. We 

Your right on your equation, but I can get to 363 c.i. With all sorts of bore and stroke combinations. With a dirt legal spec head you have to be 3.48 stroke....with a 4.00 inch bore with .070 allowance for wear.....but I can get you 363 c.i. With long stroke small bore or short stroke big bore. None of this will determine compression ratio. Where there can be a big advantage is when you have a rpm limit rule like the dirtcar 358s. A longer stroke motor will build more torque and power and be quite an advantage at 7600 rpms. Typically the short stroke stuff needs to be turned harder to build power. There are a bunch of 358s out there that are 3.50 stroke or longer...they won’t get caught because no normal tech guy is pulling the cylinder heads to check, and they are still within the 363 c.i. Limit. 

• Like 2

That’s why we pay engine builders the big bucks, to figure out what combo best fits the application, driver & track characteristics! 

Long stroke, short stroke, big bore smaller bore, piston configuration & camshaft design to enhance the matching components.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, REDDFOXX said:

Well Jake i’ll Ask the question everyone wants to ask... “Witch one are you bringing to Malta on Friday”?

The pro power motor in the Fonda car is 100% illegal for Malta so I'm pretty sure he will be back with same motor same car if he comes back

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, REDDFOXX said:

Well Jake i’ll Ask the question everyone wants to ask... “Which one are you bringing to Malta on Friday”?

SAME CAR SAME ENGINE REDD I WISH WE COULD RUN THE FONDA CAR THEY WOULD REALLY CRY THEN !! WERE BORROWING A NOTHER CAR FOR THE RIDGE IF WE NEED IT!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Spraker said:

SAME CAR SAME ENGINE REDD I WISH WE COULD RUN THE FONDA CAR THEY WOULD REALLY CRY THEN !! WERE BORROWING A NOTHER CAR FOR THE RIDGE IF WE NEED IT!!

Great news Jake!

58 minutes ago, Jake Spraker said:

IT LOOKS LIKE WE WONT BE NEEDING THE MOD ON SUNDAY

Glad that you & Rocky will be back there on Friday... ya they just cancelled the modified portion of the show running on Sat Night.

• Sad 1

Where did they post the class line ups for this and next sat. programs?

16 hours ago, J. Downing said:

Where did they post the class line ups for this and next sat. programs?

FACEBOOK. THEY WERE LOSING $$ SO I DONT BLAME THEM THE 50 LAPPER IS SEPT. 8TH

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Does anyone actually think it will be tge same motor?   Hahahaha. That is funny!!!!!

Same motor with different pistons. Its at JPM right now getting "Legal"!

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Does anyone actually think it will be tge same motor?   Hahahaha. That is funny!!!!!

Absolutely will be the same motor

14 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Same motor with different pistons. Its at JPM right now getting "Legal"!

NO ITS IN THE CAR LRGMOUTH  IT'S FUNNY THAT MOTOR WAS USED OVER THERE FOR 5 YRS. AND NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM NOW IT WINNING AND BEATING $50,000. BIG BLOCKS AND CRY BABYS DONT LIKE IT !!

• Like 1

Jake you the man for sticking with Rocky,I love to see crybaby whine,you've always seem to do the right thing,it'll be sad day when you bow out of racing,keep up the fun as long as you can we sincerely appreciate what you do

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

NO ITS IN THE CAR LRGMOUTH  IT'S FUNNY THAT MOTOR WAS USED OVER THERE FOR 5 YRS. AND NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM NOW IT WINNING AND BEATING $50,000. BIG BLOCKS AND CRY BABYS DONT LIKE IT !!

Oh good so Julian got it done! Great!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Jake Spraker said:

What a potent piece, beating other small blocks with at least 50 more cubic inches than your 363 incher! Amazing! Good luck tonight.

• Like 1

So I’m assuming bore and stroke rules are still the same as dirtcar rules for the 358 class, which once again can be a huge advantage while still being within the c.i. Limit.

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

So I’m assuming bore and stroke rules are still the same as dirtcar rules for the 358 class, which once again can be a huge advantage while still being within the c.i. Limit.

THEY CAN CHECK IT ANYTIME

8 minutes ago, Jake Spraker said:

THEY CAN CHECK IT ANYTIME

Just not when they asked?? I’m not pointing fingers, or claiming any sort of knowledge of the situation....but if those rules apply....and if you were protested with those specs in question....and if you denied tech because you had to race that car the next day when you have other cars and motors, I guess I can’t disagree with eyebrows being raised. 

• Like 1