Sign in to follow this  
dirtroust

Stew brings out yellow

Ok but did he stop? I assume not. If he didnt stop I'd assume it was the fault of whoever threw the premature yellow?

I think the caution was early anticipated, after throwing a 7 lap late caution with the rain.

does anyone know of any cars that were involved in the lap 14 crash from rain that did not continue?

1 minute ago, Justracing44 said:

I think the caution was early anticipated, after throwing a 7 lap late caution with the rain.

does anyone know of any cars that were involved in the lap 14 crash from rain that did not continue?

The 66 atlas car , Tommy Mei?

I'm totally confused by this, did the race actually stop, or did the flag man assume that Stew was in trouble prematurely.If the flag man thru the flag basically for nothing, is their a rule that gives you your spot back.

Stew had 2 wheels up on the wall and they threw the yellow at that point, but he turned left and kept going. So they let him keep his spot. I didn't see him fade back through the field, he was still 2nd. They were trigger happy in qualifying too, when Buffalino did a 360 and kept going the yellow came out.

Meier, Fuller, Dippel, and Godown all were eliminated by the rain.

5 minutes ago, By The Book said:

Stew had 2 wheels up on the wall and they threw the yellow at that point, but he turned left and kept going. So they let him keep his spot. I didn't see him fade back through the field, he was still 2nd. They were trigger happy in qualifying too, when Buffalino did a 360 and kept going the yellow came out.

Meier, Fuller, Dippel, and Godown all were eliminated by the rain.

so did the flag man admit his mistake and that's why he kept his spot.

I watched Friesen make contact with the 2nd turn wall, stayed on the gas and continued to attempt one more late race charge. Didn’t even know the Yellow came out because of the brief wall contact until after the race. Buffalino’s spin out was impressive and absolutely needed a yellow

31 minutes ago, Dale Larsen said:

I watched Friesen make contact with the 2nd turn wall, stayed on the gas and continued to attempt one more late race charge. Didn’t even know the Yellow came out because of the brief wall contact until after the race. Buffalino’s spin out was impressive and absolutely needed a yellow

So who what when why was the yellow thrown? Was it premature? A mistake? An attempt to give Stew a double file restart?

Well stay tune race fans because my prediction is the same sequence of events will occur September 27th and 28th at all cost the promoter or instructed race director will make sure they do everything possible to ensure a selected winner or should I say Whiner is in victory square! 

One word sums it up pathetic

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, tsc said:

Well stay tune race fans because my prediction is the same sequence of events will occur September 27th and 28th at all cost the promoter or instructed race director will make sure they do everything possible to ensure a selected winner or should I say Whiner is in victory square! 

One word sums it up pathetic

Says the person hiding behind a screen name🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Well at least my post is NOT deleted by the track on here, and by the way Rocky's picture should be on their facebook page he's the TRACK CHAMPION!!!!

27 minutes ago, tsc said:

Well at least my post is NOT deleted by the track on here, and by the way Rocky's picture should be on their facebook page he's the TRACK CHAMPION!!!!

Still hiding behind a screen name🤷‍♂️

If your biggest criticism is who is the picture on their fb page you're pulling at straws.....

You seem to criticize Fonda a lot on here..... anything positive to say?

• Like 2

Since we turned to Fonda in this thread, did anyone else notice the Fonda Speedway pace truck parked right next to the Dirtcar trailer, which was unnecessarily still parked in the pits on Saturday? Wonder if Deyo and Dirtcar had a few beers together?

I never seen stew stop or go to rear....he hit the wall, rode the wall, saved it and continued. There was no need for the yellow....stew should not have lost his spot...they could have just as easily said there was debris somewhere....makes stew look bad with favoritism while all he did was drive the wheels off it ,damn near literally, and made it exciting at the end...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I never seen stew stop or go to rear....he hit the wall, rode the wall, saved it and continued. There was no need for the yellow....stew should not have lost his spot...they could have just as easily said there was debris somewhere....makes stew look bad with favoritism while all he did was drive the wheels off it ,damn near literally, and made it exciting at the end...

I wasnt there but this is what I assumed happened......a pre mature yellow.  But then people on here say he fell to the back and had to catch up to get his spot. What are people watching??

Slowing for the yellow and dropping back isn't really an indicator. Some people react to the lights much faster. You see it every time there's a caution.

Stew got on 2 wheels riding the wall, but I don't believe he lost his position on the track... The tower calls for yellows, not flagger... At OCFS the flagger can't see the entire track...

So we have a couple jackasses saying Stew fell to the back and other people saying he never lost position, who was there to confirm what really happened?

Stew never lost his spot. He rode the wall in 2nd place and came back off the wall still in 2nd place. The yellow was not needed but I can understand why they threw it. As fragile as these race cars are, I am suprised the front end did not collapse on him. If he would have broke and they delayed the caution and he caused a huge pileup, everyone on here would be complaining that they did not throw the caution soon enough.

• Like 1

I was in the half covered, Williamson and Friesen were at least a straight away ahead of Sheppard in 4th, Perrego was somewhere in between in 3rd struggling with something broken in the left rear after leading. After doing a dive bomb on the bottom into 3 with maybe 5 to go to momentarily take the lead, Friesen slid all the way up the track and bounced off the wall with Williamson getting back by coming out of 4. Coming to 2 to go, they both went high going into 3 with Friesen getting too high and got up on the wall in 4 and came back down. They all ready had the yellow out it seemed like as he was coming off the wall. He never stopped and didn't lose any spots as there was no one close to him.

• Like 2