Sign in to follow this  
Tortelvis

Dirtcar 358 series Plattsburgh Airborne Park Speedway

The Dirtcar 358 series makes a stop at Airborne this Tuesday August 20th. Should be a good group of 358s and Sportsman Mods as a supporting division. 

• Like 1

Just before the flagstand in the middle you can see everything too. Erick Rudolph is confirmed. Should be a good show.

2 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

I prefer sitting just prior to flag stand. Not a bad seat there. Turn 1 is a little dirty so plan for that

Just before the flagstand is generally where I prefer to sit. Is there any reserved seating?

1 minute ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Just before the flagstand is generally where I prefer to sit. Is there any reserved seating?

Top 2 or 3 rows I believe are numbered but not sure if they are reserved. I usually don’t sit in them just in case I usually go to about 5 races there a year. 

30 cars in attendance for the 358 Tour on a gorgeous night here in Plattsburgh! Biggest surprise is point leader Mat Williamson not in attendance...

Fuller was practice in hot laps.

Steve Bernier fast timer for the 358s. 70 total cars in the pits between the 3 divisions. So far, right on schedule. No 8:30pm starts tonight when advertised at 7. ;)

Erick Rudolph wins it with a lap 90 restart pass on the high side around Lance willix. Looked like it was going to be Willix’s night but the lap 90 melee crash that really caused a lot of damage to Mueller and Bernier gave Rudolph one more shot and he took advantage.

Great run by Jordan McCreadie to finish 4th. Good race with lots of jostling for position throughout. Rocky Warner started 26 or 27th I think and ended up around 7th or 8th. 

Tough night for Chris Raabe. Something went wrong early after starting 12th and just became a back marker for most of the race.

good show. Glad I went.

Anyone know why Matt Williamson didn't show?  Point leader. I'm going to beat Everton the punch and say he had a 100,000 reasons why he didn't have to show...but why no show if your in the points lead?  

6 minutes ago, Tortelvis said:

Anyone know why Matt Williamson didn't show?  Point leader. I'm going to beat Everton the punch and say he had a 100,000 reasons why he didn't have to show...but why no show if your in the points lead?  

I was surprised too but the friend that I went with looked at his Facebook page for August and when he posted his schedule this one was never on there...so looks like for whatever reason he had no interest from the beginning on going or he had a conflict preventing him from being there.

Mat was on Dougsdirtdiary and he went to relax Monday to a camp somewhere. And mentioned his next race would be Thursday I think with the big block. He didnt say why he was skipping the 358 race. 

13 hours ago, macho said:

Mat was on Dougsdirtdiary and he went to relax Monday to a camp somewhere. And mentioned his next race would be Thursday I think with the big block. He didnt say why he was skipping the 358 race. 

He will be in Cornwall tonight for the big 12k to win event tonight. He finished second to  Sheppard in this race last year.

14 hours ago, macho said:

Probably had no interesting in doing all of the 358 series. He is already racing quite a bit

2 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

Probably had no interesting in doing all of the 358 series. He is already racing quite a bit

Plus there are two conflicts with 358 Series and the SDS; one on September 7th and another on September 13th.