Sign in to follow this  

6 hours ago, racer80 said:

My point is: How would it be fair if someone involved in the wreck changed shocks, torsion bars, gears or ANYTHING not damaged in the lap 12 wreck to improve performance & then go back to their spot?

Because everyone ... in the wreck or not ... had the same opportunity. It's not like Shepard could do something that Friesen couldn't do.

5 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Exactly what I said..... Once the decision was made to allow those involved in the accident to work on their cars and retain their position; the only fair thing was to allow ALL drivers to work on their cars. That way there is no unfair advantage given to the teams who were in the accident and granted the opportunity to work on their cars. They tried to make amends for their mistake and it made things worse. Like gasket said some would still be unhappy but it seems that would've been the fair thing to do.

We've been agreeing a lot this year. People are starting to talk ...

Very impressed with Jessica Friesen on that lap 12 rain messs,  everyone was crashing in turn one and she went through like it was a Sunday drive.

• Like 3

Gasket you better be careful you’ll get banned from OCFS too for pointing out the mistake the track made and Mr  Gurdas total wrong way off handling the mess he created:) 

but I do agree with many of you in that should have went back to previous lap.

heard a saying tonight.you can’t take back a mistake or bad decision but how you handle it is more how you will be judged! The way I see it there will be many empty seats come Eastern States Weekend If things don’t change. 

So where does this leave Brett Deyo on his show during Eastern States Weekend in allowing Matt to run that race?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Gasket you better be careful you’ll get banned from OCFS too for pointing out the mistake the track made and Mr  Gurdas total wrong way off handling the mess he created:) ...

Yeah ... but I pointed out that he's human.

8 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Gasket you better be careful you’ll get banned from OCFS too for pointing out the mistake the track made and Mr  Gurdas total wrong way off handling the mess he created:) 

heard a saying tonight.you can’t take back a mistake or bad decision but how you handle it is more how you will be judged! The way I see it there will be many empty seats come Eastern States Weekend If things don’t change. 

So where does this leave Brett Deyo on his show during Eastern States Weekend in allowing Matt to run that race?

ESW packs the house...there wont be any empty seats.  After "rain-gate" who wouldn't want to see a Williamson-Friesen-Perrago-Sheppard rematch?  From a marketing standpoint OCFS has more to gain reversing this silly policy towards Sheppard.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Eastern States Weekend will be packed to the rafters, with both cars and fans.  Don't quit your day job, Zoltar.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm thinking you play the hand you were dealt and not allowed to fix anything unless you're going to the back once the race restarts.

How is it fair to the guys that hit the correct set up (not saying they set up for the rainy mess, but set for the rain to hit. Some cars may have gambled the rain would miss) or drove carefully/luckily enough to avoid any damage?

If this were any other race, that would apply. Why does it change because the guys in charge screwed up on the original call?

They were 12 laps in to a long race. The cream will still rise to the top and Matt would likely have been up towards the front by the end anyways. If he had to use up his tires getting there, oh well... that makes up for the numerous times he starts up front...

• Like 1

Edited.... Chris Larson said Sanchelli made the call to repair & resume, he reversed that call, I guess it's up to you to decide if he was correct...

Confirmed this morning via the Orange County Fair Speedway facebook post that Mike Sanchelli offered his resignation and the resignation was accepted. 

The post is written by Chris Larsen. 

1 hour ago, atlkevin said:

ESW packs the house...there wont be any empty seats.  After "rain-gate" who wouldn't want to see a Williamson-Friesen-Perrago-Sheppard rematch?  From a marketing standpoint OCFS has more to gain reversing this silly policy towards Sheppard.  

Not quite sure this is a silly policy. I don't think there is any sanctioning body or race track in the country that would allow an official to be berated by a driver like that without some kind of penalty, be it a fine or suspension. Hopefully something can be worked out, but to brush it off would be wrong too imo.

• Like 2

Sorry for the interruption (yeah sure I am) but this needs to be included in the name game ..

Sanchelli lace and a pretty face and a pony tail hanging down ...

Okay. Carry on ....

• Haha 5

And the winner is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 😂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cleo said:

And the winner is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 😂

Yeah there's no topping that one!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ranger22 said:

Not quite sure this is a silly policy. I don't think there is any sanctioning body or race track in the country that would allow an official to be berated by a driver like that without some kind of penalty, be it a fine or suspension. Hopefully something can be worked out, but to brush it off would be wrong too imo.

A couple years ago at OCFS I saw a driver shove an official and no penalty was handed down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, By The Book said:

A couple years ago at OCFS I saw a driver shove an official and no penalty was handed down.

Bachetti at Eastern States A few years ago

I'm assuming they let everyone check and adjust air pressure without penalty cause they were pleading on the video for that. So why did they say too bad it rained and if you crashed and work on your car you go tail. Then why wasnt it also too bad we had a rain delay you either run the air pressure you have or you check/adjust it and you go tail. So much hypocrisy when you look a little deeper. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ranger22 said:

Yeah there's no topping that one!

Being the @$$ that I am ... you know I'll most likely still try .......

6 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Being the @$$ that I am ... you know I'll most likely still try .......

I wouldn't expect anything less!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, By The Book said:

was there a video posted on 10 different social media outlets within minutes of it happening for the whole world to see? It still doesn't make it okay.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:23 PM, chas71 said:

Very impressed with Jessica Friesen on that lap 12 rain messs,  everyone was crashing in turn one and she went through like it was a Sunday drive.

Maybe it was the traction control ... I kid, I kid. JZ (JZS) is an enormously talented driver.

15 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Sorry for the interruption (yeah sure I am) but this needs to be included in the name game ..

Sanchelli lace and a pretty face and a pony tail hanging down ...

Okay. Carry on ....

You're showing your age!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lenster24 said:

Bachetti at Eastern States A few years ago

Where does 'Sanchelli Confetti Bachetti' fall into all of this? 

8 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Where does 'Sanchelli Confetti Bachetti' fall into all of this? 

I was responding to what By The Book said, so go take A nap and reread the posts