Sign in to follow this  

I see ABSOLUTELY NO HUMOR IN THIS POST. SUITCASE’S DEDICATION TO THIS SPORT WHICH HAS FORCED HIM TO QUIT SOMETHING HE LOVES. People HAVE TAKEN THIS POST TO 90% SARCASM🤬🤬 AND DON’T SAY “LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS” or “I’LL KILL YA”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, GasketCase said:

Lighten up, Francis.

Just as I figured. More ignorance on a serious post.  

2 hours ago, Fran said:

Just as I figured. More ignorance on a serious post.  

Ignorance is the state of being ignorant, which means "not knowing".  I'm no more ignorant of this topic than you are. Probably no less ignorant as well.

At what point did it become a serious post? It started as a post about an unsubstantiated rumor, and quickly became a name game where people were sharing a laugh and having a good time.

So, I'll repeat myself ...

Lighten up Francis.

The way I understand this....

The race should never have started.
The inevitable big wreck happened.
Guys were told on the radio that they could work on their cars and keep their positions.
Many did.

So now we have a problem. Someone made that call. It doesn't matter who made it, it was made. It needed to be corrected IMMEDIATELY and before guys could work on their cars and it was not. Guys repaired their cars with the belief that there would be no position penalty.

So after the work was done, a drivers meeting was held and they were informed that anyone who repaired their cars would have to start in the rear.
They claim that whoever made that call (now pointing fingers at Suitcase) did not have the authority to do so.

Wait a minute here. Is Suitcase the Race Director? If so, then he DOES have that authority and he was thrown under the bus.

And so were all of the drivers who repaired their cars thinking they were rejoin the field in the position they were running in as the wreck happened.

Whether you like Matt Sheppard or not, he stood up for everyone who made repairs - including Larry Wight. His cussword laden tirade was absolutely right because nobody stopped them from working on their cars to spare themselves from starting in the rear.

And then to allow the cars that did not crash to refuel without penalty only adds insult to injury.

But the topper of all toppers in this mess was the Friesen caution. He drew the yellow. He goes to the rear and that didn't happen either.

Matt didn't need t apologize for his language. He didn't say anything we all haven't heard in the pits at some time or another, and using kids in defense of your argument is weak. There are more kids in the pits these days than ever before. Of course they hear that language.

And then to say Matt Sheppard isn't allowed to participate at OCFS events for the remainder of the season for speaking up for the drivers as a penalty?

Immaturity at it's finest.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

Guys were told on the radio that they could work on their cars and keep their positions.
Many did.

So now we have a problem. Someone made that call. It doesn't matter who made it, it was made. It needed to be corrected IMMEDIATELY and before guys could work on their cars and it was not. Guys repaired their cars with the belief that there would be no position penalty.

So after the work was done, a drivers meeting was held and they were informed that anyone who repaired their cars would have to start in the rear.
They claim that whoever made that call (now pointing fingers at Suitcase) did not have the authority to do so.

Wait a minute here. Is Suitcase the Race Director? If so, then he DOES have that authority and he was thrown under the bus.

And so were all of the drivers who repaired their cars thinking they were rejoin the field in the position they were running in as the wreck happened.

Whether you like Matt Sheppard or not, he stood up for everyone who made repairs - including Larry Wight. His cussword laden tirade was absolutely right because nobody stopped them from working on their cars to spare themselves from starting in the rear.

And then to allow the cars that did not crash to refuel without penalty only adds insult to injury.

But the topper of all toppers in this mess was the Friesen caution. He drew the yellow. He goes to the rear and that didn't happen either.

Matt didn't need t apologize for his language. He didn't say anything we all haven't heard in the pits at some time or another, and using kids in defense of your argument is weak. There are more kids in the pits these days than ever before. Of course they hear that language.

And then to say Matt Sheppard isn't allowed to participate at OCFS events for the remainder of the season for speaking up for the drivers as a penalty?

I was there and I must say after ten days and hundreds of posts on the subject you got it 100% correct.....very nice .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Sounds much nicer when you put it this way but, I really have my doubts he was thinking of any other driver at this moment. 

If the call came back that only the first half of those damaged cars were allowed to work, the rest to go to the tail, do you think Matt would have stuck around to defend the others or would he have darted off to his car to start repairs?

I'm not saying he didn't have a right to be upset, but pleading your case and arguing opinion sounds a whole lot different to me than just repeatedly calling someone a piece of shit.

If that was my "representation" and I was to be treated the same as him afterwards, I'd request a new rep!

12 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Ignorance is the state of being ignorant, which means "not knowing".  I'm no more ignorant of this topic than you are. Probably no less ignorant as well.

At what point did it become a serious post? It started as a post about an unsubstantiated rumor, and quickly became a name game where people were sharing a laugh and having a good time.

So, I'll repeat myself ...

Lighten up Francis.

The Rumor became fact. Have you worked in the Officials tower?? I have at 3 tracks for 30 years. His dedication was pushed aside for joking around. For joking sake his name should not been part of the heading of such posts. Nor do I hide behind a false name. 

25 minutes ago, Fran said:

The Rumor became fact. Have you worked in the Officials tower?? I have at 3 tracks for 30 years. His dedication was pushed aside for joking around. For joking sake his name should not been part of the heading of such posts. Nor do I hide behind a false name. 

I can feel the tension building here.  

What's next,  you're going to tell gasket he's a POS and he needs to get back to his tower? 

Well,  that could lead to a ban from ocfs AND dtd.

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Many did.

Interesting statements. The wreck was inevitable and a Race Director can make rules on the fly so that damaged cars and back up cars will restart in the same positions they were on at the time of the incident. The reversal of this unorthodox decision then gives any driver the ability, while a production company is filming  them, to call a General Manager anything he so chooses because he would then be “representing” all the drivers. If the General Manager keeps his cool and allowed any driver to then continue to race that night for $100,000 it would be an act of immaturity to penalize any driver afterwards. Sounds logical. OCFS drivers have been suspended for less but this time it’s the track’s fault ...lol.  Hope I recapped the night correctly. Respectfully, Dale Larsen

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dale Larsen said:

Interesting statements. The wreck was inevitable and a Race Director can make rules on the fly so that damaged cars and back up cars will restart in the same positions they were on at the time of the incident. The reversal of this unorthodox decision then gives any driver the ability while a production company is filming  them to call a General Manager anything he so chooses because he would then be “representing” all the drivers. If the General Manager keeps his cool and allowed any driver to then continue to race that night for $100,000 it would be an act of immaturity to penalize any driver afterwards. Sounds logical. OCFS drivers have been suspended for less but this time it’s the track’s fault ...lol.  Hope I recapped the night correctly. Respectfully, Dale Larsen

Honestly what you just said doesn't make much sense. If it was sarcasm its hard to understand, if it wasn't, then the grammar was just that bad. The facts are what was initially stated. The race should not have started when it did with the weather. The drivers WERE told they could work on cars and switch if needed and keep their spots. Then it was changed between 45mins and an hour later which is ludicrous, because everyone who was there knows that this occurred. Matt was pissed, so was Perrego (not banned), and cussed the GM up because.... shocker.... tensions can run really high when there's 100k on the line. As for your comments about a production company.. what does that have to do with ANYTHING at all? Have you seen how those guys act at Bowman Gray when they had a TV show? So what, Matt cursed a lot? wow wee there certainly has never been any of that on any TV or PPV broadcast from a race. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickF83 said:

Honestly what you just said doesn't make much sense. If it was sarcasm its hard to understand, if it wasn't, then the grammar was just that bad. The facts are what was initially stated. The race should not have started when it did with the weather. The drivers WERE told they could work on cars and switch if needed and keep their spots. Then it was changed between 45mins and an hour later which is ludicrous, because everyone who was there knows that this occurred. Matt was pissed, so was Perrego (not banned), and cussed the GM up because.... shocker.... tensions can run really high when there's 100k on the line. As for your comments about a production company.. what does that have to do with ANYTHING at all? Have you seen how those guys act at Bowman Gray when they had a TV show? So what, Matt cursed a lot? wow wee there certainly has never been any of that on any TV or PPV broadcast from a race. 

You’re right ... he only cursed. I can’t argue with your facts

1 hour ago, inthecuse said:

I can feel the tension building here.  

What's next,  you're going to tell gasket he's a POS and he needs to get back to his tower? 

Well,  that could lead to a ban from ocfs AND dtd.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh my God that is beautiful. I went to respond, saw your response and thought, "There you have it. I defer all questions to my Representative, InTheCuse. Mother of God that answer has me crying with laughter.

6 minutes ago, GasketCase said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh my God that is beautiful. I went to respond, saw your response and thought, "There you have it. I defer all questions to my Representative, InTheCuse. Mother of God that answer has me crying with laughter.

Thank You.  Haha. 

At first I thought he was adding to the mix of joking around but then I realized he was serious.  Im guessing he thinks people are mocking Sanchelli or a race director's position and responsibility.   I just took it as the OP messed up the race director's name so other people just added other names in there for some fun like you stated. I think the intentions of the op were genuine and was asking if he resigned but just spelled his name wrong.

I got scolded and told to go take a nap after adding 'bachetti confetti sanchelli.'

I mean,  bachetti CONFETTI, how can someone get mad at a post like that? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

What else happened? 

I don’t know ... I was there but I’m going with Bob Miller on this one. Sounds like a Conspiracy to me ... that’s just my opinion

Dale, 

so hear is a question I think a lot of people would like to know. If as a racer your instructed by one of OCFS officials what you can do and where you should line up what’s to say it’s not going to get overruled? At any races I’m pretty sure the Race Director is the highest in charge. Do you think Mike Helton with Nascar hasn’t made wrong calls ? Do you think Humpy Wheeler or Bruton Smith ever overruled him. I bet Chris has had many jobs a foreman has agreed to do something on a job they shouldn’t have but once you agree to something if you go back on it your word is No Good and that makes for a bad deal. 

Mr. Larsen, I was involved in racing promotions for 13 years. I hired my officials to run the races each week. I never once changed a call that any of them ever made { right, wrong or indifference }.. If it was a call that I didn't think was right we would talk about it after the races and their calls stood 100% of the time..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Dale, 

so hear is a question I think a lot of people would like to know. If as a racer your instructed by one of OCFS officials what you can do and where you should line up what’s to say it’s not going to get overruled? At any races I’m pretty sure the Race Director is the highest in charge. Do you think Mike Helton with Nascar hasn’t made wrong calls ? Do you think Humpy Wheeler or Bruton Smith ever overruled him. I bet Chris has had many jobs a foreman has agreed to do something on a job they shouldn’t have but once you agree to something if you go back on it your word is No Good and that makes for a bad deal. 

The Race Director isn’t the highest official in charge with the ability to make unorthodox decisions without any overriding mechanisms. 

So Dale, 

who sits on the throne then and has the power to over rule track officials?? Who has the final decision? That’s what I’m asking you.Thats what I think ever racer racing at OCFS from here on out wants to now .  

Unorthodox is starting a race with it sprinkling and not informing your fans sitting in the stands waiting for the show to start on its scheduled time that your delaying the start of the race :))

Again just looking for a little clarification. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

So Dale, 

who sits on the throne then and has the power to over rule track officials?? Who has the final decision? That’s what I’m asking you. 

That isn’t what you asked because Chris Larsen answered that question in his letter. You stated that A Race Director is the higher track official and any decision he makes mandates complete support. I’ll ask you a couple of questions that are fair. What’s your name and do you run a race track?  If not, are you a spectator at OCFS or any other track? Respectfully, Dale Larsen

11 minutes ago, Dale Larsen said:

That isn’t what you asked because Chris Larsen answered that question in his letter. You stated that A Race Director is the higher track official and any decision he makes mandates complete support. I’ll ask you a couple of questions that are fair. What’s your name and do you run a race track?  If not, are you a spectator at OCFS or any other track? Respectfully, Dale Larsen

I get that you are defending the track because of your relation, it makes sense. But I don't think people have to run a race track in order to see that things were not well run the night of the big race. Do you believe that it was well organized and ran correctly? I didn't go, so I'm not going to attack anybody as I didn't hear any announcements from the bleachers like other posters here. But from what I can tell, nothing went smoothly. 

Do you think Matt acts differently if there aren't cameras? From talking to him a few times before and after different races, I think he acts the same way regardless, but I'm not going to pretend that I know him well enough to be sure about that. 

Everyone besides you seems to be on one side of the aisle on this issue, so I'm by no means attacking you, I just am curious and want to know your point of view. Thanks.

Dale

i posted my name along time ago but it’s David Surace or as many people at the races call me Spider-Man:)I have worked around race cars and help with a number of tracks. I’ve put on car show and helped with other events. I worked for Brett in 1984 and loved going to OCFS. Any track I’ve been with Race director runs the show! His call is final. No different than a series race , traveling race director is in charge. I go to about 25-30 different tracks a year. Most tracks I go to I pick up a few things and recommended them to the track. Was at Bubba’s 3 weeks ago and noticed they didn’t have enough garbage cans in the pits. 1 can for 3 grandstands so where do you think most of it was going? They thanked me and said it was a good idea. Next night back there was more. Trust me I want to see our sport grow get stronger. I’d love the chance to talk to Chris about some ideas to put more fans in the stands weekly . How about putting on a bigger paying show without costing the track an extra? Unfortunately I was at Volusia Speedway when you ran the big race. I’m trying to saying And it’s Chris Track you can’t have the owner of the track that has cars running in the field over ruling officials because it doesn’t look good. Do you think if Stewie was say changing a tire and looked to be all done so the flagger throws the one to go but it drops off the jack and he’s going to need another lap. Do you think there going green? I bet if it’s Matt Shephard right now the pace car is going 5 mPH faster!:)) jk Depending on if I have to go to Laguna Seca for Michelin I might make it down for the last points show next week. 

So are you telling me Chris has the final call that’s all I’m was asking.

13 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Dale

i posted my name along time ago but it’s David Surace or as many people at the races call me Spider-Man:)I have worked around race cars and help with a number of tracks. I’ve put on car show and helped with other events. I worked for Brett in 1984 and loved going to OCFS. Any track I’ve been with Race director runs the show! His call is final. No different than a series race , traveling race director is in charge. I go to about 25-30 different tracks a year. Most tracks I go to I pick up a few things and recommended them to the track. Was at Bubba’s 3 weeks ago and noticed they didn’t have enough garbage cans in the pits. 1 can for 3 grandstands so where do you think most of it was going? They thanked me and said it was a good idea. Next night back there was more. Trust me I want to see our sport grow get stronger. I’d love the chance to talk to Chris about some ideas to put more fans in the stands weekly . How about putting on a bigger paying show without costing the track an extra? Unfortunately I was at Volusia Speedway when you ran the big race. I’m trying to saying And it’s Chris Track you can’t have the owner of the track that has cars running in the field over ruling officials because it doesn’t look good. Do you think if Stewie was say changing a tire and looked to be all done so the flagger throws the one to go but it drops off the jack and he’s going to need another lap. Do you think there going green? I bet if it’s Matt Shephard right now the pace car is going 5 mPH faster!:)) jk Depending on if I have to go to Laguna Seca for Michelin I might make it down for the last points show next week. 

So are you telling me Chris has the final call that’s all I’m was asking.

David, you need to try a box of Doggy Downers! 🤣