Sign in to follow this  

In my un-expert opinion reversing the original call was the right thing to do.

It put them to the rear where they all KNOW they should be anyway.

A race like that isn't the time for flexing the rules.

God damn, I just wish they'd thrown the yellow pre pileup... That right there is the MAJOR ooops.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RubbinsRacin said:

So you are saying the track made a mistake so they made it right for a driver just like they made a mistake with the rain and when the race director tried to overule the rulebook he wasnt allowed to. You cant have it one way and not the other.

The rules for the track were well established and known, one doesn't equate to the other.  Given what was on the line, can I see the good intentions as far as the botched call ? absolutely ...was it a screw up yes. But when your dealing with live events S#$t happens and you move along to the best of your ability's and they did. As far as the yellow ? well come to think about it while it was premature ...maybe... but maybe not. I ran there a few years back and one of my biggest gripes about the place driving there was the turns are really blind and no attention on the radio . And they have addressed that some what by taking out the pit wall in 3/4 and I had my 1 way in my ear during the race weekend  and quite frankly they are on it now calling out wrecks. where he rode the wall you kinda want a yellow thrown especially if your coming into 3 or 1 ...because if he had lost it you would have been in it and have no idea it happened until its happening  

2 hours ago, Slip-n-slide said:

Really? Because in Mandee Pauch's Centennial Weekend Day No.3 video on YouTube you can see rain drops as they are coming off turn 4 taking the green flag. They may not have been heavy rain drops but it definitely shows rain drops

I watched this video to see what you were referring to.  I didn't see anything around the 10:40 mark in the video and that's when the race went green. 

I think the better point from the video should be that the drivers were successfully able to go green for it least 10 laps at full speed. Maybe lap 11 was questionable and lap 12 lead to the discussion we're having today. 

This leads to the conclusion that there was there was no reason to delay the race when it went green. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enough is enough, start fresh OCFS is back. Bring back heat Racing, I Think I speak for a ton of fans. Nobody wants to see the point leader start 3rd and win. And lets get out by 10:30. The rest is Easy, A returning fan base....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

After the piss-poor way the controversies were handled there, they set a precedent that certainly will be repeated @ a couple of race tracks near Syracuse that are owned by the same person. I wonder how long before rule changes will be enacted in the middle of a race or tech if it involves certain racers @ those two tracks????? 

WOW. talk about a reach. You really need to start charging John Wight rent for the space he is taking up in you head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macho said:

I dont care alot about what happened or who's fault it may have been but I'll say one thing....I'd bet my house that had certain cars been involved in the wreck that we would have have seen a clause in the rules where 'it's not fair that mother nature played a part in this once in a lifetime race so we are allowing drivers involved in the wreck to work on their cars and keep their position'. It could be spun any way you want depending who was involved. And dont think for a minute it doesnt matter that its Matt and his odds of winning. Same as it matters that hes not allowed at Fulton for $20,000 to win. Cause theres a 50/50 chance he wins. 

Sheppard isn't allowed to race at Fulton or Brewerton because he was in an on track physical altercation with the owners son. Which I believe is a much better reason to banned from a track rather than just because he hurt someone's feelings. His chance of winning the outlaw 200 is not the reason he doesn't race there. 

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

Sheppard isn't allowed to race at Fulton or Brewerton because he was in an on track physical altercation with the owners son. Which I believe is a much better reason to banned from a track rather than just because he hurt someone's feelings. His chance of winning the outlaw 200 is not the reason he doesn't race there. 

Ya I get that but that was so bad it's a lifetime ban???? Please.