Sign in to follow this  
FondaFan16

Dirty Jersey 6 Live From New Egypt Speedway Tonight On DTD TV

If you can't be there in person, you can join us on DirtTrackDigest.tv to watch all the action from New Egypt Speedway tonight.  Modifieds,  Sportsman and URC Sprints are on the racing card.  Hot laps start at 6pm, with racing scheduled for 7pm EST. 

217260654_2019_NewEgypt_DirtyJersey6_Facebook_Twitter_Instagram_Promo.thumb.jpg.8d3d896c13fc3d35704d0e653a78fe87.jpg

Did something change?  It was advertised as Modifieds, Crate Modifieds, and URC Sprints not Modifieds and Sportsman.

Actually, New Egypt site says Modifieds, Crate Modifieds and URC Sprints.  STSS says Modifieds, Crate Sportsman, and URC Sprints  So, three different things on three different sites.

59 minutes ago, B-Train said:

Did something change?  It was advertised as Modifieds, Crate Modifieds, and URC Sprints not Modifieds and Sportsman.

Actually, New Egypt site says Modifieds, Crate Modifieds and URC Sprints.  STSS says Modifieds, Crate Sportsman, and URC Sprints  So, three different things on three different sites.

Nothing changed.  Our ad focuses only on the Short Track Super Series portion of the overall event, but i've updated the post to include the URC sprints well.

I wouldn't put too much stock into "Crate Modifieds" vs. "Crate Sportsman" as the track may call them one thing, while the STSS calls them something else.

• Like 1

Great broadcast last night, excellent camera following the action and excellent announcers and audio level plus no buffering and breaking up signal. Now on to Canandaigua and Utica Rome this weekend. Next STSS Live Broadcast will  on Tuesday, the 27th from Georgetown and it will be a multicamera production for replay later on MAVtv.

1 hour ago, tvracer2 said:

Great broadcast last night, excellent camera following the action and excellent announcers and audio level plus no buffering and breaking up signal. Now on to Canandaigua and Utica Rome this weekend. Next STSS Live Broadcast will  on Tuesday, the 27th from Georgetown and it will be a multicamera production for replay later on MAVtv.

I do understand it's a different pay model and they are obviously costs associated with this and that has beaten to death on here about DTD's prices vs. Flo and DIRTvision etc. However, I do hope maybe there are plans in the works for tracks like Canandaigua and Utica Rome that partner with DTD weekly to maybe consider doing a "season's pass" subscription to their regular racing events at their tracks. I'm just throwing out ballpark numbers here but say you offered me as someone who lives six hours away and can't make the trek to LoL all but once or twice a year in person the opportunity to purchase a pass to all regular weekly events for something like $75 or $100. I was just throwing out a number here...doesn't have to be that. That's an awfully enticing deal to me as opposed to the what $15 or $18 or whatever it is to try and buy every week?

Just something to consider for those that involved in these discussions from the track's side of things and DTD's side of things. In my personal opinion, you've got a better job hooking me for that season-long deal where I'm paying it all up front rather than trying to get me every week at the other cost.

I'm just one person though and I'm not sure what kind of viewership they are getting on weekly events. 

As long as you're not losing money on the infrastructure costs in place to put events on, what's better to have?

$100 of my dollars up front and give me access to everything so I feel like I'm getting a good deal...or none/only one or two weekly purchases so less money to you over the course of the season and you're still putting the same man power into it anyway...

PS: I also appreciate everything DTD has done to offer live video for these events and the extraordinary amount of effort that has gone into putting it in place. Believe me, I understand how much work it can be with the profession I'm in and the dealings we have with video streaming athletic events etc. I also thank Paul Cole for offering up the sportsman show earlier this year for free on DTD. That was a very kind gesture and I enjoyed watching that night. The product that DTD.tv puts out nearly every week is top notch. 

• Confused 1

There are pluses and minues to having a yearly subscription. 

For instance, say you spent $150 for a yearly pass (which is a deep discount off the weekly price) to Land of Legends, but Mother Nature throws a giant monkey wrench at them (similar to UR this year) and the 20 race yearly schedule turns out to only be 8 or 9 races.  You still spent $150 but your perceived value has been drastically decreased.  How many would complain that they aren't getting their money's worth and request their money back?

I've seen it happen this year with the $39.99 per month Late Model fast pass.  The WoO Late Models went through a terrible stretch of rain there for a few months and there was nothing being broadcast, but people were still being charged $39.99 for the pass.  DIRTcar had to broadcast some WoO Sprint shows to folks who purchased the Late Model fast pass to keep them happy.  They can do that because they sanction both series and their contract states they have all the rights to any video broadcasts, but we can't broadcast a Land of Legends broadcast for free to someone who purchased a Utica Rome season pass just because Utica Rome has rained out a and people are complaining they aren't getting their moneys worth.  It's not fair to the promoters of the respective Speedways.

At this time we've looked at all the options and this is what works best for us.  I'm not saying we can't revisit in the future, but for the time being, we will continue to operate the way that we always have, on a race by race basis, with an occasional weekend pass thrown in there for longer shows.