Sign in to follow this  
GasketCase

Shepard Banned From OCFS For Remainder of 2019

4 minutes ago, leroy said:

So this is the first time anyone on here has seen it start raining when cars were already racing? 

Get real people 

You're right we should run every race in the rain untill we smash up 50k in equipment. No reason to throw a yellow when it starts raining just keep going until you cant drive around the wrecked cars

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

also this pretty much screws him out of any chance at being the stss champion this yr now too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stratton87 said:

also this pretty much screws him out of any chance at being the stss champion this yr now too

I don't think they can ban him from a STSS series race....John Wight was not legally able to stop him from running SDS at his tracks

10 minutes ago, leroy said:

So this is the first time anyone on here has seen it start raining when cars were already racing? 

Get real people 

With cars slamming into each other while already wrecked and more coming?

No I havent.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Not sure what the video shows, no facebook. Matt, Perrego and others voiced their concerns to Gurda in the 4th pit road meeting in 30 minutes in a fairly calm manner. After Gurda consulted with Mr. Larsen and others for the 5th time and came back and said basically, "OK, that's it. You work on your car behind pit wall and you go to the tail. End of discussion."

At that point BOTH Matt and Anthony started screaming, "You're a f***ing liar you f***ing piece of s***! You're a piece of s***! You f***ing told us one thing and now you changed you f***ing liar!"... etc. 

If Matt's no longer welcome than niether should Perrego. He said the same thing Matt did with every bit as much vehemence. If Matt didn't take a shot at Gurda I thought Anthony was going to. Luckily no blows were thrown but it was real close. 

So did the drivers that were told they could work on their cars behind pit wall already start working on their cars behind pit wall before Gurda relayed the final decision? 

It seems as tho that is the case.  I would guess that if drivers knew the repercussions before,  this would not have been an issue.  I think if Matt knew if this were the penalty before Gurda said that he wouldn't have anything to be mad about.  Matt would have made a decision that he felt was best and rolled with it.  

It looks like Matt played by the rules they set for the 12th lap situation and OCFS changed it.  If Gurda can't handle a man saying a few words then GTFO and go back to your tower.  

• Like 1

Wow, has this turned into an epic shite storm!

First off...get well wishes to Bethanne, that's what should be first and foremost.

Second...from what I'm able to piece together, this is the result of a perfect storm of bad judgement and bad decisions on many fronts.

All I can say is this...when (arguably) your biggest ever weekend of racing at your facility is being discussed and remembered for incidents on and off track and the after effects...and not who won, how good the race was, or any other compelling stories...THAT'S a PR nightmare that even the best spin doctors in Washington DC couldn't turn around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, old racer said:

Show the first turn wreck please I watched this am but can't locate now

32 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

So did the drivers that were told they could work on their cars behind pit wall already start working on their cars behind pit wall before Gurda relayed the final decision? 

Yes. The final decision didn't come down until at least 30-40 minutes after the teams had been working on their wrecked cars.

• Thanks 1

Nobody said they should race in the rain.  All I am saying is it happens some times. Have seen it many times through out my years.

Remember the STSS at Dundee earlier this year?  Everyone knew then it was going to rain. Yet it was a special show, so they pushed it along anyhow trying to get the feature in.  Yeah they got lucky there was not a big pileup.  Eventually they threw the yellow.  But everyone said afterward they should not have been racing.

I did not blame the Outlaw Speedway or Deyo  that night for trying to get the show in.  And I am not going to blame OC for doing the same.  I have been to many races where the same thing happened.  They  do what they can to get the race in, started racing, and it poured.

Other times tracks have monkeyed around and  stalled, hoping  the storm hits, so they can run it at a later time.  Then you end up having a bunch of people bitch . If they had not screwed around then they could of got it in.   

Maybe the track could of waited  around for the storm to hit ,and then it does not rain for an hour or more?  Then even more bitching.

It is what it is

• Like 2

I have to agree with Leroy about the rain. Some people told me that it was a few sprinkles and then the sky opened up. It's hard for anyone to predict a track being completely saturated in a matter of seconds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Just saw this on Facebook so it has to be true.

I have mixed feelings on it. I know they can't allow a driver to call an official names ... especially when he publicly refuses to apologize for doing it ... and I know they can afford to lose the large amount of Matt's fans who will sit out the suspension with Matt ... but ... I don't see alienating fans as a viable solution to anything ... especially when the driver is the most successful  driver of the decade and has countless fans.

I think a private sit-down with Matt and an undisclosed agreement would be the best way to handle it. making it public would lead to all kinds of bitching and fighting. keeping it private would create speculation and mystery.

Either way ... I wouldn't ban Shepard unless there was no other solution.

I hate it when you make a sensible statement & I agree with you!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, REDDFOXX said:

I hate it when you make a sensible statement & I agree with you!

People on here have short memories ... no one will remember for more than a few days. You're safe.

3 minutes ago, GasketCase said:

People on here have short memories ... no one will remember for more than a few days. You're safe.

I'll try to remember that!

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but this all goes back to the track's complete lack of organization.

You've got the biggest race in your track's history. You've got a schedule already printed up. You've got weather coming in that everyone has access to on their phones. Why in the heck are they running an hour and a half behind schedule?? Why is their not even a hint of a sense of urgency to move the show along quickly? You've got ONE division for crying out loud. ONE. And you can't get the feature out before 10PM??

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

You've got the biggest race in your track's history. You've got a schedule already printed up. You've got weather coming in that everyone has access to on their phones. Why in the heck are they running an hour and a half behind schedule?? Why is their not even a hint of a sense of urgency to move the show along quickly? You've got ONE division for crying out loud. ONE. And you can't get the feature out before 10PM??

That is a good point.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

That is the best point right there. They published a schedule and were not close to following it. The published start time for the feature was 8:30 which was easily doable with only one division.  If the race started on time and was 90 minutes the race would’ve finished right before any showers. But they didn’t follow the schedule at all. Why not?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GasketCase said:

I have to agree with Leroy about the rain. Some people told me that it was a few sprinkles and then the sky opened up. It's hard for anyone to predict a track being completely saturated in a matter of seconds.

A few people were Facebook Live-ing the race and they would show the rain in the spot lights almost as much as the race itself. It was WAY more than a few sprinkles. The race should've never went green to begin with.

• Like 3

More cars were wrecked at the ransomville rain wreck..... and how did cars both in front of and behind the cars in the wreck not wreck? If they were all in the straightaway behind the wreck and were able to slow down, how did the leaders who were in front of it not drive into the wall? One hell of a microburst of rain. So sorry to those guys who didn’t crash, you should of, because you are now penalized for it. Keeping that decision as it was originally stated would have been more stupid than not throwing the caution early enough to begin with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If this is the new way of thinking, every time a track is rough and causes wrecks....all cars involved get to go into the pits, make repairs and return to their position.

Typical OCFS favoritism.....so they change the tire rule race day and 30mins before time trials start to screw Sheppard and now they wanna ban him for mouthing off to officials?  And guess who wins the big cash again?  the 3 team just like ESW a few years back when they ran a dry sump small block even though the rule book says dry sumps are only allowed on big blocks.  you can put lipstick on a pig but a pig is still a pig.  or, if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck and walks like a duck than IT IS a DUCK!