Sign in to follow this  
GasketCase

Shepard Banned From OCFS For Remainder of 2019

12 hours ago, chas71 said:

Am I the only person that believes Matt would have had to work on his car anyway to get back in the race and he didn't just work on the car because he was told he could get his spot back?

Bingo!!!  In the OCFS Centennial documentary Sheppard mentions that if he had known he'd get "penalized" by having to go to the rear for working on the car under the red then "maybe" he'd wait until they restarted the race and he'd go in and try to fix his car then.   Who here believes he'd wait 2 hours to fix a damaged racecar and try to fix it when the cars were back moving on the track?   If he waited until they restarted he'd obviously be going to the rear anyway.   Bottom line is that Sanchelli's decision that was announced over the loudspeaker was a great deal for Sheppard and the others who were unfortunately caught in the cloudburst.  If you want to be upset that they were caught on a wet track that's one thing but once it happened then they were always going to have to fix their cars under red so verbally abusing a track official for the reversal was over the line.  About 10 or 12 years ago I saw Sheppard stop his car on the frontstretch at New Egypt, get out of his car up the stairs past the flagger,  around the grandstand, and up the stairs of the tower and into the control center to berate the race director (one assumes).  Also was there to see him physically go after Larry Wight at Utica Rome when they tangled after Wight's car actually flipped and he could've already been injured/concussed/who knows?  So this is the third public spectacle I've witnessed in person from this guy so forgive me if I'm not going to get the violins out for him.

FYI, I was sitting in the half covered grandstand and although I had seen lightning in the distance before the green flag dropped, I had no idea it had started raining until after the pileup in turn 1 and it started to pour.  If the lightning was that close, you can be assured I and everyone else would've been out of the metal bleachers ASAP.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, B-Train said:

Bingo!!!  In the OCFS Centennial documentary Sheppard mentions that if he had known he'd get "penalized" by having to go to the rear for working on the car under the red then "maybe" he'd wait until they restarted the race and he'd go in and try to fix his car then.   

Where is the Centennial documentary with this? 

I'd love to see it.

I’m not sure why Matt’s actions has anyone surprised or shocked. Have you seen his old man in action before 😂?! 

These opinions are exactly what I stated earlier. These types of situations are repetitive with him. I will never take away his talent, work ethic, and determination. But I don’t think the antics are necessary.

Well, that escalated quickly. . .

from this part at the 8:20 mark with Matt explaining calmly his side to Mike to the other clip where he is telling him to get back to his tower.

57 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

These opinions are exactly what I stated earlier. These types of situations are repetitive with him. I will never take away his talent, work ethic, and determination. But I don’t think the antics are necessary.

Oh come on, I'm not saying you said it specifically but plenty of people criticize NASCAR for having cookie-cutter drivers today that all give the same boring canned yawn responses.  Then, we have someone that shows passion, heart, and is really into racing (and we get to see a clip that 99% of us wouldn't be able to see if it weren't for cell phones) and the guy gets beat up over that too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-Train said:

Bingo!!!  In the OCFS Centennial documentary Sheppard mentions that if he had known he'd get "penalized" by having to go to the rear for working on the car under the red then "maybe" he'd wait until they restarted the race and he'd go in and try to fix his car then.   Who here believes he'd wait 2 hours to fix a damaged racecar and try to fix it when the cars were back moving on the track?   If he waited until they restarted he'd obviously be going to the rear anyway.     

he had a better chance of winning from the rear after working on it under red than he did if he decided to wait until the race was restarted as he most likely would have gone down laps and had no chance at all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inthecuse said:

Oh come on, I'm not saying you said it specifically but plenty of people criticize NASCAR for having cookie-cutter drivers today that all give the same boring canned yawn responses.  Then, we have someone that shows passion, heart, and is really into racing (and we get to see a clip that 99% of us wouldn't be able to see if it weren't for cell phones) and the guy gets beat up over that too.

Nothing changes on here people that hate Sheppard still hate Sheppard ...Why not post here article by Ken Bruce from DTD August 19th.....that's good explanation from Sheppard's end but will not change the haters ......I'm reading SF lips he is pleading race has started and seems he doesn't want cars worked on Also Behrent's owner of Williams also pleading same song .....They knew #9 was down but not out ......Sheppard calmly stated his concerns and they seem to agree all was cool they went to work .....Then after big money lobbied powers to be they went back on there word .....If you don't show emotion  when your being robbed out'a $100,000. possibly your walking dead ......Also some good drivers standing rite beside Sheppard and he seems to be leader in pits .....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, old racer said:

Nothing changes on here people that hate Sheppard still hate Sheppard ...Why not post here article by Ken Bruce from DTD August 19th.....that's good explanation from Sheppard's end but will not change the haters ......I'm reading SF lips he is pleading race has started and seems he doesn't want cars worked on Also Behrent's owner of Williams also pleading same song .....They knew #9 was down but not out ......Sheppard calmly stated his concerns and they seem to agree all was cool they went to work .....Then after big money lobbied powers to be they went back on there word .....If you don't show emotion  when your being robbed out'a $100,000. possibly your walking dead ......Also some good drivers standing rite beside Sheppard and he seems to be leader in pits .....

Is there anything that happens to the 9s that you don't feel is a conspiracy from the ownership? 

I'm sure if you dug deep enough, it's likely the Rockefellers...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It has been a week. Other than my podcast (which you can find in another post) I have kept my mouth relatively shut, which in and of itself is a major feat. As someone who is involved with a dirt track I have tried to adhere to the Shane Andrews philosophy of not getting involved on the internet.

But y'all know me.

Matt had every right in the world to be pissed. He felt that he was being boned out of the kind of money that can be life changing. It sure as hell would change my life. The money that he had previously won in prior days is irrelevant.

With that being said...the track had to do something to address Matt berating a track official in the manner in which he did. A one race suspension would have been sufficient in my opinion. To say, "He is not welcome" seems, to me, unprofessional and somewhat petulant. Some may see Matt's behavior as petulant.

There was a Facebook poster who said that, as a Stewart Friesen fan he is "...fine with Matt being boned". That is the type of 'fan' that I do not want to be associated with in any fashion and is indicative of some of the things that need to change within racing circles.

One question is would Matt and the other upset drivers have acted so angrily if there was not so much money on the line? Was Matt's tirade driven by the money, or his ultra-competitive nature?  Only he knows, and by the looks of it he has moved on. Maybe it is time that we all do the same.

See you at the track.

44 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

You know, the Matt that’s has PARKED it in VICTORY LANE  over 30 times this year!!!!!

I can tell you the one place he won't be PARKING it October 26, 27.   Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

33 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

I can tell you the one place he won't be PARKING it October 26, 27.   Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Kid's comment.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, leakin_fluids said:

Is there anything that happens to the 9s that you don't feel is a conspiracy from the ownership? 

I'm sure if you dug deep enough, it's likely the Rockefellers...

Matt Sheppard stated in Ken Bruce article that they were on unsafe track and that was one concern , I'm sure his own health was a concern  plus fellow drivers    He had never seen so much home cooking and they changed rules 4 times while waiting to restart race and very disappointed in other teams lobbing officials to change what they already agreed to .......Someone said this outfit feels drivers are there employees when at track  ?.....That's good , great no problem .....Posters don't seem to want to hear his side of story because they won't post his thoughts in article here ....With his education and degree in Engineering from RIT he just may be as sharp as track owner in Civil Engineering or anyone working at OC.......Per request I did do a little digging and  New York , OSHA has found some serious safety violations with some of players at OC  ...Which resulted in some real bad things ...I will let others tell the rest and what brought OSHA to sites......Stand your ground (huh ) ........In my business that line usually results in  person  using it finding the ground in short order .....I hope OC keeps improving place ,that investment and Safety improvements continue which  will make this track one of the best in New York no doubt but don't use Matt Sheppard to cover your lack of management skills ( because OC is lacking and racing world knows it ) and in his place I would'a probably said worse but it did get tracks attention and some good solid people seemed to agree with what he was saying in video Your people put him in   untenable  position      I have no respect for people who flat out lie to people risking there lives for them.....Hire BH to run track management  end would be great move Because his Big Show blows your Big Show out'a the water in most all areas...... 

1 hour ago, DaRooster said:

Don't be so sure of your self things can change

• Like 1

I completely agree Matt had a reason to be upset, no question.  I feel he went overboard and did it unprofessionally. That’s just my opinion. I do not agree with him being upset or disappointed in the other teams. If he were one of them, and stew was in his position he would have been doing the same thing, all that the other drivers were lobbying for was to follow the rules set forth by basically every single track, sanctioning body or series in the world. If you go in the pits and work on your car, you go tail. I would also like to know how he planned on waiting until they went back green, to fix a RR birdcage, shock, spring rod, exhaust and the body. Stating that he may not have went into the pits to make repairs was completely asinine and would have resulted in him going to the rear anyways.

• Like 1

I’m going to venture a guess, Matt was running somewhere around 10th or 12th at the time of the wreck....if the rain had taken out everyone in front of him, I’m betting he would have been lobbying like hell for the track to reverse the most rediculous call that had ever been made as well. 

3 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Don't be so sure of your self things can change

I'm just having some fun.  I believe he will be there........

5 hours ago, Potenza said:

Kid's comment.

They are happy now,but who ever wins,wont have beat the best,because he will be sitting out.I guess some can live with that.

• Like 1