5 hours ago, Cheryl said:

Love the rumors....and make believe stories from people guessing.....

That's what happens when limited information is released.....people speculate. 

• Like 6

According to a Reddit thread, truck series crew chief (Ryan Bell at MBM) posted on Facebook that it was for trying to bring drugs into Canada. Not conclusive, but certainly a bit more than "mere speculation."

Shame, the kid seems to have talent, but if you look at his track record outside of his family owned cars, it seems like he can't get along with anybody and seems to hop from ride to ride quickly. That's not a good sign for future prospects.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillSmith said:

According to a Reddit thread, truck series crew chief (Ryan Bell at MBM) posted on Facebook that it was for trying to bring drugs into Canada. Not conclusive, but certainly a bit more than "mere speculation."

Shame, the kid seems to have talent, but if you look at his track record outside of his family owned cars, it seems like he can't get along with anybody and seems to hop from ride to ride quickly. That's not a good sign for future prospects.

When someone who was spreading the "trying to cross the border" story around yesterday, they were asked where they heard it. Their answer "I saw an article on the internet". Seriously? It really is a shame what our world is coming to these days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

When someone who was spreading the "trying to cross the border" story around yesterday, they were asked where they heard it. Their answer "I saw an article on the internet". Seriously? It really is a shame what our world is coming to these days. 

If you want to squash the rumors and you know the real story why don't you post it ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

i was sourcing the rumor.

Is anyone here able to access Ryan Bell's Facebook page and confirm this?

"It really is a shame what our world is coming to these days." True. If not this, what is the reason Tyler got an indefinite suspension from NASCAR. NASCAR doesn't throw out those suspensions all of the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cheryl said:

It's 2019. An article on the internet is no different than an article in a newspaper. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheryl said:

"You're wrong, but i'm not gonna say the truth"

typical of this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Williams said:

It's 2019. An article on the internet is no different than an article in a newspaper. 

True...

The newspapers are full of bs opinion instead of facts too...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If he was caught bringing drugs across the border then he'd be in a lot more trouble then just a nascar suspension.  He'd be in jail.

The only news I read is he violated rule 12.1 of the nascar rule book and that has NOTHING to do with drugs, more about his actions...

He was notified of the suspension on Thursday Aug 22, likely still in the USA not even coming across the border until Friday or Saturday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NASCAR announced that Crew Chief Matt Borland was suspended today for violating the substance abuse policy for a supplement that was in his coffee. Usually when drugs are involved they mention it right away, even if it is as stupid as this one seems to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Well, when you supplement your morning coffee with blow and whiskey... Oh, wait a second... 😈

Don't knock it till you try it! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ranger22 said:

Don't knock it till you try it! :rolleyes:

I have tried it... 5AM eye opener after drinking all night, Moody Mile circa 2007... 🤪 

• Haha 1

Before yesterday's truck race Todd Bodine referred to it as "strike three" but didn't say what strike 1 & 2 were

Then Todd & Hammond went on about how some of these young drivers may not realize their actions affect a lot of people & sponsors

55 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Before yesterday's truck race Todd Bodine referred to it as "strike three" but didn't say what strike 1 & 2 were

Then Todd & Hammond went on about how some of these young drivers may not realize their actions affect a lot of people & sponsors

Strike 2 might have been (from Dippel's wikipedia page):

Dippel drew the ire of competitor Ben Rhodes at the Eldora Dirt Derby; Dippel failed an attempted slide job on Rhodes late in the race, pushing Rhodes into the fence and dropping him six spots behind Dippel. After the race, Dippel rammed into Rhodes on the cooldown lap, leading Rhodes to attempt to drag Dippel out of his truck on pit road after the race before being pulled away by NASCAR officials. Dippel later called out Rhodes in an expletive-laced tirade, calling it "cool" that Rhodes would miss the playoffs and implying that Rhodes was scared of fighting him. Rhodes, in a calmer post race interview, called Dippel a dirty driver.

Strike 3 might be from Bristol:

Dylan Lupton was collected when Brennan Poole pushed Tyler Dippel into the outside wall and sent him spinning down the track and into the No. 15 Toyota.

and

Natalie Decker brought out the caution almost immediately after the field went green once again following Lupton’s wreck with a single-truck spin. She was able to continue until later when she ended up in the outside wall, presumably after contact from Dippel, who suffered extensive damage once again.

not sure what strike 1 would be about but strike 2 makes sense. as for the apparent strike 3 not sure how that's his fault when he was wrecked

I think it ends up looking worse for NASCAR when they don't release any info about this stuff, because of all of the wild speculation it generates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hunter said:

Maybe the "have at it boys ( & girls ) " attitude isn't in effect anymore?

It is. Nascar gave no penalty to him or Rhodes at eldora 

Sirius radio reports Dippel was stopped in Wallkill last week by NYS police and was charged w possession of a controlled substance. Evidently he was doing 80 mph and had someone else in the car w him. Both people gave troopers different answers about where they had been and where they were going which prompted a search of the car. Troopers found prescription drugs in a backpack that were not prescribed to either of them. I guess that’s a misdemeanor.  That charge and another stop that occurred in martinsville earlier this year led NASCAR to suspend him.  

Edited by Hekawi
Missing word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hekawi said:

Sirius radio reports Dippel was stopped in Wallkill last week by NYS police and was charged w possession of a controlled substance. Evidently he was doing 80 mph and had someone else in the car w him. Both people gave troopers different answers about where they had been and where they were going which prompted a search of the car. Troopers found prescription drugs in a backpack that were not prescribed to either of them. I guess that’s a misdemeanor.  That charge and another stop that occurred in martinsville earlier this year led NASCAR to suspend him.  

Here's the story:

https://speedsport.com/nascar/truck-series/report-arrest-in-n-y-led-to-tyler-dippels-suspension/