3 hours ago, Burger said:

Except that doesn’t match up to what the NYSP has to say about it hmm... 

“Dippel, 19, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor, after he was pulled over for speeding and driving recklessly on Route 17 in the Town of Wallkill on Aug. 18, state police spokesman Trooper Steven Nevel said on Monday.

Dippel was driving west, with a passenger, when he was pulled over for "driving erratically in excess of 80 miles per hour and passing a vehicle on the shoulder," Nevel said.”

Even though he has moved on to bigger and brighter things, it's could to see he can use some of that dirt experience on road shoulders.

16 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Charges dismissed 

Of course....money talks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Of course....money talks

Or the truth came out 🤷‍♂️ that third party claimed his bookbag with his pills inside

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Of course....money talks

He was tested after and was negative. It would be in his system for 30 days. Therefore He wasn’t using them. Yes his car is his possession but judge threw it out       . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

Of course....money talks

Hate doesn't look very good on you. The only "money" was what had to be paid to a lawyer to fight a bogus charge to begin with....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

Hate doesn't look very good on you. The only "money" was what had to be paid to a lawyer to fight a bogus charge to begin with....

When he isn't hating on young drivers on DTD, I'm certain he's yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

Bogus charge? Seems like the system worked in this case. The trooper doesn't know who the backpack belongs to....

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Bogus charge? Seems like the system worked in this case. The trooper doesn't know who the backpack belongs to....

In my opinion, they could have held him while they investigated a little bit further before filing charges.

I can certainly see the cops view on it, ain't a lot of people that get pulled over say yep that's mine. I'm sure he has seen it before, driver says nope not mine, passenger says the same. He was just doing his job, so I don't think it's a bogus charge. He did his job and it played out as to what was told to cop. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Pulled over for not signalling when changing lanes?  Wow, cop must have been having a grumpy morning.  

These days, it's as much about revenue generation as it is law enforcement.

• Like 1

Seems like good work all around.  The police did the right thing when there is unclaimed drugs in a car, the judge when presented with new evidence and a reasonable explanation did the right thing dismissed the charges.  Good to see the justice system work as it is supposed to.  Now Nascar quick to judge before all the facts are established, well they probably ruined his reputation and caused irreparable damage to the kids career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csg said:

Seems like good work all around.  The police did the right thing when there is unclaimed drugs in a car, the judge when presented with new evidence and a reasonable explanation did the right thing dismissed the charges.  Good to see the justice system work as it is supposed to.  Now Nascar quick to judge before all the facts are established, well they probably ruined his reputation and caused irreparable damage to the kids career.

So, again nothing is his fault. The reckless driving at 80mph  passing on the shoulder. None of it his fault. 

If you don't put yourself in these situations then you don't have to do a lot of explaining or hire a lawyer. 

I agree the reckless charges are his fault but I think those charges are more fine violations and probably wouldn't get you suspended from Nascar alone.  Someone pointed out the two very different accounts of the moving violations.  Tylers explanation definitely minimizes the event significantly compared to the police version. 

I’m a little confused here by people saying it was a bogus charge. He got pulled over for a traffic violation. Him and his passenger gave two different stories of where they were coming and going causing suspicion and drugs to be found in the vehicle. I would bet if this was an athlete of another sport, that you didn’t know,  in this exact scenario none of you would be saying this is a bogus charge or that he did nothing wrong. 

Also, I’m not sure how this would do irreparable damage to his career when the most notable thing he’s done in the truck series at this point is get dragged out of his car.

im not biased one way or another but the people on each side of it are pretty ridiculous at this point with the clear bias. Frankly The guys just lucky someone claimed the drugs. Most people in that scenario don’t get that lucky and there whole lives are ruined 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Meanwhile, heroin addicts nodded out on the streets of my town don't get arrested because they have no money to pay the fines.  See what I mean? 

3 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

And, if he wasn't driving on the shoulder of the road and doing 80+, there would not have been a search of the vehicle. Hopefully, he realizes that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtFan79 said:

Or the truth came out 🤷‍♂️ that third party claimed his bookbag with his pills inside

They still could have been his....freind takes the fall so Dippel can continue his storied career with no stains 

Happens all the time

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shyglizzy said:

They still could have been his....freind takes the fall so Dippel can continue his storied career with no stains 

Happens all the time

As Hall of Famer Chris Carter stated, always have a fall guy

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shyglizzy said:

Happens all the time

Seeing as they belonged to another NASCAR sanctioned driver, not likely. 

Have to agree the speeding was an issue. But 2 different stories throws up Red Flags!! So Cheryl you seem to be in the know, which driver and did Nascar not come bract this individual before suspending Tyler? My point is if whole story was true Tyler lost  a race and points because of Nascar bearing on the side of Guiltily til You can prove us Your innocenct . 

Not a fan or a hater just wondering did Nascar screw up?

2 hours ago, chas71 said:

And, if he wasn't driving on the shoulder of the road and doing 80+, there would not have been a search of the vehicle. Hopefully, he realizes that.

If he didn't consent, there probably wouldn't have been a search either