Jump to content




DaRooster

Eastern States Weekend tickets on sale now.

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, blowinblackboogers said:

Two things strap on,

1. Hearn won that race at Devils Bowl last year, so what’s to prove this year?

2. He’s had Devils Bowl on his schedule for more than the last 3 months. If he can forecast the rain at Utica Rome that far in advance, he’s more than just the greatest of all time at OCFS and arguably on DIRT, he’s the second coming of Jesus Christ!

Nice try. 

Congratulations to Brett on winning the OCFS mod title. I give credit where credit is due. But let’s be honest, he’s cherry picking a high paying race with lesser competition. So was Danny Johnson last year and Rocky and Kenny this year.

You realize Kenny cherry picks the weekly racing there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a complete ESW schedule somewhere?  Specifically looking for sportsman and 358 info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, blowinblackboogers said:

Two things strap on,

1. Hearn won that race at Devils Bowl last year, so what’s to prove this year?

2. He’s had Devils Bowl on his schedule for more than the last 3 months. If he can forecast the rain at Utica Rome that far in advance, he’s more than just the greatest of all time at OCFS and arguably on DIRT, he’s the second coming of Jesus Christ!

Nice try. 

Congratulations to Brett on winning the OCFS mod title. I give credit where credit is due. But let’s be honest, he’s cherry picking a high paying race with lesser competition. So was Danny Johnson last year and Rocky and Kenny this year.

There were more competitive cars at devils bowl than there is on the sds at this point....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt_s86 said:

Is there a complete ESW schedule somewhere?  Specifically looking for sportsman and 358 info.

Was wondering the exact same thing Matt ! As much as I love OCFS, their dissemination of information to the paying fan is lacking greatly ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Was wondering the exact same thing Matt ! As much as I love OCFS, their dissemination of information to the paying fan is lacking greatly ! 

Pretty frustrating. The Fonda website has a complete hour by hour schedule for their 3 day Fonda 200 weekend. OCFS, nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Pretty frustrating. The Fonda website has a complete hour by hour schedule for their 3 day Fonda 200 weekend. OCFS, nothing.

If there is one thing evident about OCFS , it is that  any sort of organization is severely lacking.  Management could  sure use a rally call.

The Centennial Race was perhaps the highest paying modified race in the history of the sport?

And tickets did not even go on sale until five weeks prior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, leroy said:

If there is one thing evident about OCFS , it is that  any sort of organization is severely lacking.  Management could  sure use a rally call.

The Centennial Race was perhaps the highest paying modified race in the history of the sport?

And tickets did not even go on sale until five weeks prior

5 weeks or 5 hrs....didn’t matter it was overpriced all weekend for that show, that’s why the crowd was terrible each day....hopefully they learn from that mistake....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

5 weeks or 5 hrs....didn’t matter it was overpriced all weekend for that show, that’s why the crowd was terrible each day....hopefully they learn from that mistake....

I think the people spoke volumes when the track had their $1 night this past Saturday.

The racing was good and everything was done by 1030, but the place wasn't even half full. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

I think the people spoke volumes when the track had their $1 night this past Saturday.

The racing was good and everything was done by 1030, but the place wasn't even half full. 

Did they even advertise the $1 show.  Yesterday was the first I even heard about it.  Fonda was standing room only when they did $1 admission but it was advertised all over the internet.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 3:14 PM, DaRooster said:

I don't see it as cherry picking if your equipment is the same or less than the competition.  

It’s not about using the same equipment. It’s about more experienced drivers racing in a division that’s supposed to be a “stepping stone”  division for aspiring drivers to gain experience in one of the highest paying races of the season. If it didn’t pay $12,000 to win, would Hearn still be there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rpm72x said:

There were more competitive cars at devils bowl than there is on the sds at this point....

When did they release you from the asylum? 

At Weedsports May 27 SDS race, Hearn didn’t even qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

You realize Kenny cherry picks the weekly racing there?

Yup. And Kenny needs to move on to bigger and better tracks for that night of weekly racing. 

Kenny! You’re a big boy now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

I think the people spoke volumes when the track had their $1 night this past Saturday.

The racing was good and everything was done by 1030, but the place wasn't even half full. 

Half full at OC is still is just as many fans if not more than many tracks get weekly.   If you factor in people the drive in section . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

When did they release you from the asylum? 

At Weedsports May 27 SDS race, Hearn didn’t even qualify.

Half of the cars at each Weedsport race do not follow the series.....you should be careful with that hard on you have for Brett....it might fall off and end up on Brett’s shelf with his other 920 trophies he’s won...I mean he only wins against less talented people so you certainly apply....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

It’s not about using the same equipment. It’s about more experienced drivers racing in a division that’s supposed to be a “stepping stone”  division for aspiring drivers to gain experience in one of the highest paying races of the season. If it didn’t pay $12,000 to win, would Hearn still be there?

Except with the costs it's not a stepping stone anymore for 99% of the people. None of the sportsman guys I know had any issue with the event. Hearn didnt even win the event, rocky was almost a sportsman driver full time again this year if memory serves right. Peirson finished third and came from way back. A bunch of the other fast sportsman guys had issues that ended their night. If sportsman guys don't want to race against modified drivers they can go to any one of the dirt sanctioned events that are held all summer and do that. Just becuase someone put up a bunch of money for sportsman cars does not make a sportsman driver entitled to that money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

It’s not about using the same equipment. It’s about more experienced drivers racing in a division that’s supposed to be a “stepping stone”  division for aspiring drivers to gain experience in one of the highest paying races of the season. If it didn’t pay $12,000 to win, would Hearn still be there?

It's like your blaming Hearn, when in reality it's the track that allows it to occur.  As a business man, it's just foolish  not to enter the race.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

I think the people spoke volumes when the track had their $1 night this past Saturday.

The racing was good and everything was done by 1030, but the place wasn't even half full. 

OCFS is HUGE.  Other tracks would KILL to get the teams and fans they get weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leroy said:

Half full at OC is still is just as many fans if not more than many tracks get weekly.   If you factor in people the drive in section . 

And the folks up the hill sitting on their backyard deck.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Yup. And Kenny needs to move on to bigger and better tracks for that night of weekly racing. 

Kenny! You’re a big boy now!

Why? Just because you say so, I think someone like Kenny Tremont has earned the right to race anywhere he damn well pleases as long as he is following the rules and the track allows it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me I could care less who races what division or where. If they are legal that's all that should matter.  Tremonts case that's what they run that day where he goes. Is he sposed to stay home and twiddle his thumbs instead?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaRooster said:

OCFS is HUGE.  Other tracks would KILL to get the teams and fans they get weekly.

If the Valley had $1 night it would be SRO and then some.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sicklajoie said:

If the Valley had $1 night it would be SRO and then some.

Two things:  1) At the risk of repeating, OCFS is huge, 2)  They're in the greater Metropolitan area, there' much more entertainment competition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Half of the cars at each Weedsport race do not follow the series.....you should be careful with that hard on you have for Brett....it might fall off and end up on Brett’s shelf with his other 920 trophies he’s won...I mean he only wins against less talented people so you certainly apply....

Now, now. I just said Hearn is the GOAT at OCFS and arguably in the history of DIRT, and you go right to the groin? Did you ever think there might be women and children reading this?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaRooster said:

It's like your blaming Hearn, when in reality it's the track that allows it to occur.  As a business man, it's just foolish  not to enter the race.

True DaRooster. And I’ve said that here before in relation to Hearn being the most successful at racing DIRT for a living. But when I say he’s “chasing the money”, for some reason that irritates the Hearn fans, when in reality, I think Hearn belongs racing with more talented drivers (contrary to what some say here). I can’t blame him for wanting to make a living either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

True DaRooster. And I’ve said that here before in relation to Hearn being the most successful at racing DIRT for a living. But when I say he’s “chasing the money”, for some reason that irritates the Hearn fans, when in reality, I think Hearn belongs racing with more talented drivers (contrary to what some say here). I can’t blame him for wanting to make a living either.

Yup, there's a huge difference between racing every week to have an excuse to drink beer with the boys, and racing as your sole means of income.  Frankie Schneider ran his overhead cam Chevy against Ford flat heads and lesser junk  whenever and where ever allowed, and beat the piss out of a lot of part-time hobbyists and amateurs and ate their lunch AND dinners.  And don't give me that "he should be racing at a higher level" bull either, if that were so, Sheppard should be in Formula 1.  LOL       

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


















×