Sign in to follow this  
Stewyfan44

Big weekend at mohawk

52 minutes ago, macho said:

Jeez no problem at all with what Dunn did. And I actually dont agree with your assessment inthecuse.  The 17 should not be out there period.

I wasn't at the race so I'm only going from the highlight I viewed but Mat passed both easily as jumper stated. 

You're right,  there is no problem with what Dunn did if he was happy with second.  He could've driven around the #17 just like Mat drove by both of them wayyyy  on the top. Why did Mat make taking the furthest outside line look like there was tons of bite. Looks like Dunn got mad and frustrated because he made the wrong choice and lost his position. 

Maybe the first contact of edging his car in was fine but the chrome horn was not needed.  He's lucky he didn't cause an accident and take himself and others out on that move.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

At the point in the race that the 49 shoved the 17 into turn 3, the track was just beginning to take rubber. There were still a few guys running the top then. The 17 was holding his line on the bottom, just as he should have. The 88 went through the middle and drove right around both of them with ease. After this happened, the bottom line became the only line, then the 17 stayed in the middle, as to not impede with the leaders in the bottom lane, just as he should have. The 49 cost himself a possible win by choosing to follow the 17, rather than going around him like the 88.

He finished 12th in the lcq went 5 laps down and was black flagged the night before becuase he spun out alone. I'm not sure how he even ended up in the race

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

I wasn't at the race so I'm only going from the highlight I viewed but Mat passed both easily as jumper stated. 

You're right,  there is no problem with what Dunn did if he was happy with second.  He could've driven around the #17 just like Mat drove by both of them wayyyy  on the top. Why did Mat make taking the furthest outside line look like there was tons of bite. Looks like Dunn got mad and frustrated because he made the wrong choice and lost his position. 

Maybe the first contact of edging his car in was fine but the chrome horn was not needed.  He's lucky he didn't cause an accident and take himself and others out on that move.  

Guys have mostly learned over the years to not get out of line in that situation.  Mat probably tried it cause he wasnt going to win following the leader and it happened to work. But as you noticed he didnt stay outside cause cause there was nothing there. I get frustrated as fan seeing the same car week after week and year after year spinning out, screwing up and generally being a nuisance.  I cant imagine racing for 'big' money like these guys are and having to deal with that car every race. Hes not ever in the ballpark of being competitive.

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

He finished 12th in the lcq went 5 laps down and was black flagged the night before becuase he spun out alone. I'm not sure how he even ended up in the race

Agreed.

He ended our solid top 10 run in the feature. He missed the rubber then chopped us causing us to spin out.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:51 PM, GoFast39Fan said:

Friday was late late but had close to 150 cars. With time trials and draws that’s what happens. Last night they tried to grade it to make it racier because it took rubber and of course people were bashing them on Facebook and that takes time. It is what it is I guess. Can Am went till 3 am last weekend and 1 tow truck and no posts on that. Like I said it happens   

I haven’t been to Can Am in 20 years. 

This weekend at Mohawk has traditionally run long. Not bashing,just stating a fact. 

9 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

The 17 is a Super DIRTcar Series Platinum Driver & has attended every race. He was awarded a starting spot via either his points position and/or a provisional. The night before, for one, has no bearing on this race. Two, he had steering/front suspension issues after contact with an infield tire in turns 1/2. The damage ended his night early, as it most often does.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jumper12a said:

The 17 is a Super DIRTcar Series Platinum Driver & has attended every race. He was awarded a starting spot via either his points position and/or a provisional. The night before, for one, has no bearing on this race. Two, he had steering/front suspension issues after contact with an infield tire in turns 1/2. The damage ended his night early, as it most often does.

17 is a weapon out there. A couple times this year he's even ran into guys in time trails/warm ups. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

17 is a weapon out there. A couple times this year he's even ran into guys in time trails/warm ups. 

He should be in a sportsman 

"You wanted the best,  you got 'em four abreast!" 😂

23 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

22 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Agreed.

He ended our solid top 10 run in the feature. He missed the rubber then chopped us causing us to spin out.

13 hours ago, jumper12a said:

48 minutes ago, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

23 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

He should be in a sportsman 

I can't believe they graded that track.  Racing was finally getting good by the 4th heat of big blocks...Phelps ran side by side (with Wight I think) for the lead for 4 laps.  Then the mini mods had a good feature with the winner running the high side, not that they compare to a big block.  Last year cars were running every line on the track, it was rubbered up a ton.  I look forward to this track taking rubber (the whole track, not just the bottom), that's when the racing gets good.  But they graded it.  Disappointing.  

1 hour ago, TG. said:

I can't believe they graded that track.  Racing was finally getting good by the 4th heat of big blocks...Phelps ran side by side (with Wight I think) for the lead for 4 laps.  Then the mini mods had a good feature with the winner running the high side, not that they compare to a big block.  Last year cars were running every line on the track, it was rubbered up a ton.  I look forward to this track taking rubber (the whole track, not just the bottom), that's when the racing gets good.  But they graded it.  Disappointing.  

It needed to be graded. Friday night feature was rubbing during consolations. They did the best they could at making a raceable surface. Time to move on

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

It needed to be graded. Friday night feature was rubbing during consolations. They did the best they could at making a raceable surface. Time to move on

They did not grade it at all last year for the same event and racing was spectacular.  Been here 10 year with 38 posts.  Pretty sure I'm allowed to voice my opinion once in a while.  If I was complaining about the 17 that would be fine with you I guess. 

3 hours ago, TG. said:

They did not grade it at all last year for the same event and racing was spectacular.  Been here 10 year with 38 posts.  Pretty sure I'm allowed to voice my opinion once in a while.  If I was complaining about the 17 that would be fine with you I guess. 

1st this has nothing to do with the 17. 2nd I know they have graded this race in the past and racing had multiple lanes all race long. Hell they have graded it on regular nights before and racing has been fantastic because of it. 3rd and just my opinion but if they did not grade the track it would have probably been follow the leader on the bottom all race long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

1st this has nothing to do with the 17. 2nd I know they have graded this race in the past and racing had multiple lanes all race long. Hell they have graded it on regular nights before and racing has been fantastic because of it. 3rd and just my opinion but if they did not grade the track it would have probably been follow the leader on the bottom all race long.

You are 100% correct. It would have been the same thing as Friday night. 

Despite their best effort to improve track conditions it still ended up taking rubber by lap 40 or so. Needless to say it was an expensive two nights on tires, easily chewed up 6 brand new tires... about $1,200 to $1,300. 

6 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

Your 100% correct they graded it last year too. Outlaw 200 last year was the same way. They graded before the 2nd half because it was a train race. Mohawk tried their best to make it better.