Sign in to follow this  
Stewyfan44

Big weekend at mohawk

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

Making the w16s weigh 2450 Saturday. They're afraid 

They’re balanced pretty evenly, considering this is a big block series.

2 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

Making the w16s weigh 2450 Saturday. They're afraid 

They can't stand the thought of a small engine winning , but they are needed at most SDS races or there would not be enough cars to fill the field..... Go get em w16's !

59 minutes ago, racermurray said:

They can't stand the thought of a small engine winning , but they are needed at most SDS races or there would not be enough cars to fill the field..... Go get em w16's !

Small blocks are critical components on this tour. Not enough big blocks to fill the fields so it’s nice to boost the starting grid by adding the small blocks. If it was BB only there would be some pretty thin fields 

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

Small blocks are critical components on this tour. Not enough big blocks to fill the fields so it’s nice to boost the starting grid by adding the small blocks. If it was BB only there would be some pretty thin fields 

They're killing the local racer

If the local racers feel the weights are not right.

Then they should just band together and stay home.👍

Let the race go off with 12 cars.

After all . Its a big block series right?   additional race teams are in no way needed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

They usually weigh 2400 for series races

No, the weight is 2350 for the W16, unless noted otherwise in the Competitor Notes. For Mohawk, the Competitor Notes state that the W16 must weigh 2450.

Per the DIRTcar Rulebook:

“B. The W16 must maintain a minimum weight of 2350 lbs after the completion of any event.
C. During any Super DIRTcar Series Big Block Modified event a weekly 358 and/or Small Block DIRTcar sanctioned track, the home track DIRTcar legal 358 Modifieds will be permitted to weigh their normal small block weight, (unless otherwise noted in Pre Race Competitor Notes. At some tracks 358’s will be required to weigh more including CT 525 & W16). To be eligible for this, cars must abide by all 358 DIRTcar rules and be in the track’s top-25 in weekly point standing and have competed in a minimum of 80% of the track’s completed 358 and/or Modified events to date unless otherwise noted in the Competitor Notes. If 5 events have not been completed the previous year’s standings will be used. If a 358 modified competitor does not meet these requirements they must weigh 2500 lbs.
a. For weekly racing events combining the DIRTcar 358 division and DIRTcar Big Block Modifieds the track may establish a weight rule to balance the DIRTcar 358 classes and DIRTcar Big Block Modifieds in competition. Super DIRTcar Series and/or DIRTcar Officials must be notified and grant permission for such a rule.”

1 hour ago, leroy said:

If the local racers feel the weights are not right.

Then they should just band together and stay home.👍

Let the race go off with 12 cars.

After all . Its a big block series right?   additional race teams are in no way needed

Your 1000% correct....the only thing worse than dirtcar sticking it to the 358 guys, is those guys themselves bending over and begging for it....just stay home and let them race with all 15 big blocks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Your 1000% correct....the only thing worse than dirtcar sticking it to the 358 guys, is those guys themselves bending over and begging for it....just stay home and let them race with all 15 big blocks

You have no idea what you’re talking about, as usual.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jumper12a said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about, as usual.

Yea, I know.....the 358 guys that insure you get 25 cars at half of the races should just be thankful dirtcar allows them to participate. If they were not there 50 more big blocks would come because the small blocks have such advantage. Do you think the series would get a full field without the 358s. I’ll answer....no.

All they got to do is put some water on the track and stop running these slick tracks and they won,t have to worry about the w16

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Yea, I know.....the 358 guys that insure you get 25 cars at half of the races should just be thankful dirtcar allows them to participate. If they were not there 50 more big blocks would come because the small blocks have such advantage. Do you think the series would get a full field without the 358s. I’ll answer....no.

If all drivers who run 358’s weekly felt the way you do towards this topic, or any other topic regarding WRG, they wouldn’t race with WRG. News flash, they don’t feel that way. Perhaps you should stop representing actual drivers & teams with how you, a non driver/owner, think they should feel & view things. It’s their time, money, sweat, etc....., not yours. Move on fella!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

If all drivers who run 358’s weekly felt the way you do towards this topic, or any other topic regarding WRG, they wouldn’t race with WRG. News flash, they don’t feel that way. Perhaps you should stop representing actual drivers & teams with how you, a non driver/owner, think they should feel & view things. It’s their time, money, sweat, etc....., not yours. Move on fella!

Yes and no. DIRT is the sanctioning in this area. Where else are the local guys going to race? Doubt they or their sponsors are cool driving 5+ hours to race weekly. So although no I’m not a driver, yes there are rumbles among the group. 

I do stand by the fact that if the 358’s didn’t support the tour in this area you’d have some pretty thin fields. 

Lastly, IMO, it comes down to the fact that it looks bad to see a 358 win this race. And guys like Dunn or Fuller could very well do this under the local rules 

You have a guy a few posts above stating concerns about the added weight. Which is a rule now because your 4 or 5 big block pets complain about getting beat at Mowhawk by w-16s

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Perhaps you should stop representing actual drivers & teams with how you, a non driver/owner, think they should feel & view things. It’s their time, money, sweat, etc....., not yours. Move on fella!

Ahhh....if you only knew....lol. It wouldn’t matter if I am a driver, or an owner, or a crew guy. You dirtcar guys only listen to a couple of pets to begin with....

• Thanks 1

If the 358 guys are all so happy to race the BB series races, why do the mid season races make them "show up points" for their weekly guys?

Shouldn't those guys already be super eager to risk tearing up their car with a lesser chance of winning?

W16 hasn’t  been so dominant this year at Mohawk. Track has had quite a bit of bite. I’m sure with all the racing this weekend Fuller will be tough with it but he’s had a mediocre year so far

No series race should be show up points for anyone. I’m guessing the tracks do this, not dirtcar because the northern tracks know their guys will come if they do it, and if they didn’t they wouldn’t get 20 big blocks. I have been told on here repeatedly that big block racing is the pinnacle for dirt modified racing. That at no point should anyone be concerned about bringing costs down because this is the professional level. Ok....if that is the way modified racing is, why is there any concern over the 358s having a bit of an advantage at maybe 3 or 4 places the series competes at? Why not allow 358s at whatever weight break seems to garner the most cars, and leave it for every race. Maybe a bunch of 358 guys will travel to a bunch of other tracks not typically known for small blocks. Why are we concerned that the 8 or 10 guys that travel everywhere might have to have a small block(that they already have)? Modified racing is expensive, deal with it, that’s what everyone was saying when a cheaper big block option was contemplated. The bottom line truth to any 358 rules ,in regards to competing against the big blocks, is we will do whatever we can to make you guys come, but if you run too well and piss off our big block stars(all 5 of them) we will change the rules so that they are happy. See-Weedsport Danny johnson for reference.  

I don’t want to hear “we make the rules so more guys with big blocks race the series”. It’s bullshit, you have what you have. Maybe 1 or 2 guys jump on each year and 1 or 2 guys fall off. It is what it is. The small blocks are growing in numbers. Maybe start catering to them a bit more.

• Like 1

RIP72, you have always had all the answers & solutions to every one of the issues WRG faces on a daily, weekly, monthly & yearly basis. Mike Perrotte announced his retirement from the DIRTcar Northeast Series Director position in February 2018. WRG made it publicly known they were accepting resumés. With your vast knowledge, expertise, solutions & your insatiable personality, why don’t I recall hearing of your resumé being received? You would have been the most qualified candidate for the position. Perhaps next time........

• Like 3

Oh there is no question I would have been qualified....I’ve been around this my whole life....spent outrageous amounts of money in it....but the last guy that was associated with dirtcar that had a clue on what to do with racing retired....watched his dream go down the shit tubes....lost his mind and tried to come back with wax clay and a new racing super complex....neither worked....but the Glenn of old....I would and did work for...

Dirtcar doesn’t need resumes....they need to just call Brett deyo....ask him if combining the 2 series is possible, and pray he accepts.....