zzz

Most Folks Today arent Race Fans;

Bridgeport is having a Monster Truck show today and tomorrow. Received a text last night saying that Saturday’s show is sold out. You will not be able to buy tickets at the gate. I don’t know how many people have ever been to Bridgeport, but their Grandstands are HUGE !! It boggles my mind. My buddy is taking his grandson down cause the kid loses his mind over this crap, but more than once or twice a year, I think the interest would wane.

Great opportunity for tracks to get some additional revenue....might also lead to a few families giving the races a try at some point.

• Like 3

I always invite people to go to the races with me.        Always.

Most of these people ask......when is demo night? when is wreckopolooza?

7 hours ago, leroy said:

I always invite people to go to the races with me.        Always.

Most of these people ask......when is demo night? when is wreckopolooza?

Then you tell them, when the pro stocks come out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/15/2019 at 12:47 AM, Sicklajoie said:

Then you tell them, when the pro stocks come out. 

This is true at the Valley.

11 minutes ago, macho said:

Ransomville had one of their best crowds of the year a few weeks ago for.........a demo derby. 

Theres just so much racing available in New York. The average person isnt going to give up every Friday or saturday night from may to september to watch a 4 or 5 hour race. A lot of people don't even know the tracks exist either. Getting someone to show up for an event they can see 3 or 4 times a year is much easier than getting people to show up 16 weeksin a row

5 hours ago, CAOSTOTAL said:

I find the destruction nights incredibly dangerous. 

So is racing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest CAOSTOTAL
On 9/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, jumper12a said:

So is racing!

Incorrect.  Destruction nights feature racing and intentional crashing with little to no safety or fire suppression equipment.  So you are wrong - again.

2 hours ago, CAOSTOTAL said:

Incorrect.  Destruction nights feature racing and intentional crashing with little to no safety or fire suppression equipment.  So you are wrong - again.

Then don't sign up for one?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CAOSTOTAL said:

You are actually saying racing isn’t extremely dangerous????

4 hours ago, CAOSTOTAL said:

What a way to start off on a forum 4 posts in.  Telling someone that's been on here for 15 years they wrong - again.🤦‍♂️

Obviously, jumper has a lot of credibility here. 

• Like 1

Credibility or no.

Anyone with any common sense at all realizes racing is a dangerous sport.  

Drivers and fans enter at their own risk.

Driving down the road is dangerous everyday. Do we quit that? Then everyone get a Amish buggy, or wait that's dangerous as well when the wheel gets old and falls off or horse go nuts and hits the ditch. Could walk but then you have the chance of twisting your ankle and wiping out. 😀

Yea....racing is dangerous, but nowhere near what people generally think that it is, or nowhere near as dangerous as these demo derby’s, trailer races, or enduros. These backyard concoctions of motorized vehicles have virtually no safety requirements. 4 cylinders in a lot of areas are the same. In my 30 years of going racing, I’ve seen more injuries in 4 cylinders and enduros, than any other classes. Purpose, professionally built race cars are far safer than your daily driver. Hiking, cycling, motorcycles, swimming, snowmobiling etc. all claim far more lives a year than racing. There certainly is always room for safety improvements in our sport but in all reality it’s far safer than football, mma, boxing, and hockey. We all pray that no drivers get injured or worse, but as a sport we are pretty safe.

• Confused 1

Guest CAOSTOTAL
5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Yea....racing is dangerous, but nowhere near what people generally think that it is, or nowhere near as dangerous as these demo derby’s, trailer races, or enduros. These backyard concoctions of motorized vehicles have virtually no safety requirements. 4 cylinders in a lot of areas are the same. In my 30 years of going racing, I’ve seen more injuries in 4 cylinders and enduros, than any other classes. Purpose, professionally built race cars are far safer than your daily driver. Hiking, cycling, motorcycles, swimming, snowmobiling etc. all claim far more lives a year than racing. There certainly is always room for safety improvements in our sport but in all reality it’s far safer than football, mma, boxing, and hockey. We all pray that no drivers get injured or worse, but as a sport we are pretty safe.

Very well said.  I have to think Ramsomville dropped the Hangover 150 because  the guy got airlifted out the last year they did it.  

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Tell that to Jason Johnson, Bryan Clauson, or Greg Hodnett, among others.

Oh wait..... you can not

Go sell stupid somewhere else

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Guest CAOSTOTAL
10 hours ago, inthecuse said:

What a way to start off on a forum 4 posts in.  Telling someone that's been on here for 15 years they wrong - again.🤦‍♂️

Obviously, jumper has a lot of credibility here. 

I’m sorry to jumper.  I mistook him for another guy on another site who made no sense.  Sorry jumper!! 

On 9/16/2019 at 3:38 PM, CAOSTOTAL said:

I find the destruction nights incredibly dangerous. 

I find your posts destructive & hopefully soon your 5th account will be deleted.