Sign in to follow this  
GasketCase

Friesen In A Bicknell?

8 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

And there you have it Jesus has spoke.

Pay attention and listen once and awhile....all your beer booth contemporaries will think your a genius.....someone asked about shocks, cars and motors...I answered... I know a lot of people who race....and have bought a lot of parts and cars...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Teo....and troyer both have some major things working against them....they are usually more expensive on basically everything....do not have anywhere near the parts distribution....take longer to manufacture cars, parts or bodies....the quality control is nowhere near as precise as bicknell (Teo especially)....neither have the customer service that bicknell provides....billy colten and Bobby hearn can be difficult to deal with....and on top of all of it, their cars are not as good. You would think each of these manufacturers would be offering up some extremely cheap or free cars to some guys winning but paying their own bills, and hoping to gain some market share, if you have ever tried to make a deal with either..you know for the most part that won’t happen. For the last 25 years these have been the big 3 manufacturers in modified racing....headed towards the big 1.

Something I never thought much about but I wonder how many cars do Teo or Troyer (dirt) build in a year? I know BRP are around 250-300  i think I've heard.  Anyone know?

I’m guessing (purely guess) is 50-100 cars....troyer always had the asphalt cars as well and they always did well....so I’m sure that helped

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

He might wanna re-think the Bicknell from what I saw tonight. 

I thought it looked pretty good tonight, came from the back twice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

apparently you missed the ass whoopen he put on the boys at fonda 1st night out 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You might wanna check your prescription for your glasses. He passed a total of about 28 cars in the feature, and that was a damn good field of cars there last night.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Big said:

I thought it looked pretty good tonight, came from the back twice.

Pretty obvious some people on here that never raced they dont know what's going on even when they're at the race watching. Come from the back twice but it means nothing since he didnt win. Same person who thought Matt was crying when he re drew 11 and said that hurt his chances for winning. (Not referring to you Big)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

You might wanna check your prescription for your glasses. He passed a total of about 28 cars in the feature, and that was a damn good field of cars there last night.

I understand some of you don't know how to analyze a race and the factors involved that determine where a driver finishes. First off, Stewey is usually one of the fastest cars on the track. That wasn't the case last night. HighPlains, he did NOT pass 28 cars. You must all be using that new math. He started 26th. So that means there were 25 cars in front of him. Lmao. There were also 15 drivers in the feature that turned faster lap times than Stewey and his Bicknell. He finished 13th and there were 7 cars in front of him that dropped out. So he didn't pass those cars.  I mean you could have a driver start 31st and work up to 26th and then spin out and go restart 31st again... have that happen 5 times in a 54 lap race and then come on here and say they passed 25 cars. (5 x5 = 25).  You have to look at the big picture. I maintain my original post and I didn't see it like some of you did. I know the fastest car doesn't always win but like I said, there were 15 drivers in the feature that had faster laps times than he did. You wanna check your prescription! Lol.

5 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I understand some of you don't know how to analyze a race and the factors involved that determine where a driver finishes. First off, Stewey is usually one of the fastest cars on the track. That wasn't the case last night. HighPlains, he did NOT pass 28 cars. You must all be using that new math. He started 26th. So that means there were 25 cars in front of him. Lmao. There were also 15 drivers in the feature that turned faster lap times than Stewey and his Bicknell. He finished 13th and there were 7 cars in front of him that dropped out. So he didn't pass those cars.  I mean you could have a driver start 31st and work up to 26th and then spin out and go restart 31st again... have that happen 5 times in a 54 lap race and then come on here and say they passed 25 cars. (5 x5 = 25).  You have to look at the big picture. I maintain my original post and I didn't see it like some of you did. I know the fastest car doesn't always win but like I said, there were 15 drivers in the feature that had faster laps times than he did. You wanna check your prescription! Lol.

Yeah they all probably turned those laps while stew was in traffic. Fast lap time doesnt really mean a whole lot if you cant repeat that time

Alan Johnson has won probably 300 features where he turned the  10th or worse best lap time in a feature....seldom does the fastest lap time belong to the winner....and while I understand the idea that you can drive from 30th to 10th twice, technically passing 40 cars, you finished 10th, you moved up 20 positions. Doesn’t matter that you passed the same guy twice, doesn’t matter if 15 of those guys broke....

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Sounds like you were not even at the track and are merely looking at Race Monitor. Stew started 26th, made it up to 8th, got caught up in a 4th turn melee. Restarted 24th and finished 9th, not 13th as you said. Yes, a few cars had dropped out, not many. When you drive by a car under green flag conditions I believe that is considered passing a car. 

2 hours ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Sounds like you were not even at the track and are merely looking at Race Monitor. Stew started 26th, made it up to 8th, got caught up in a 4th turn melee. Restarted 24th and finished 9th, not 13th as you said. Yes, a few cars had dropped out, not many. When you drive by a car under green flag conditions I believe that is considered passing a car. 

You are 100% correct about him finishing 9th and not 13th. I was wrong.  But I still cant get too excited about the Bicknell with his lap times. I understand what all of you are saying. However, I don't see it as a "turnaround" when 15 other drivers were faster time wise. He is usually the guy who is in the top 5 as far as laptimes during the race.  I think it was more the driver getting 9th place and not so much the car. See what Im saying?  Ya gotta admit the top 4 were putting on a pretty good show even though they started up front.

I wish race monitor didn’t exist....it’s very apparent crew guys and drivers are the only people who understand what’s the use of lap times...for years we used a stopwatch, did the same thing, except a bunch of people who have no idea about race cars didn’t act like they did.

• Like 1

He’ll be just fine in a Bicknell, it’s only been two races for Pete’s sake (pun intended), and he is Stewart fn Freezer after all. 

Having said that, I would have liked to seen him stick with the upstart, or hell, go back to Teo.  This feels like a LeBron (bitch) move, but racing is indeed a business these days, even around here.

• Like 1

No matter where you start. Let's say 24. Only 24 cars in feature. You pass 10 cars which puts you 14th. That's 10 cars you passed. Then you spin out, back to 24th. You end up back in 14th. Didn't you pass 20 cars one way or the other?

17 minutes ago, planetmf said:

He’ll be just fine in a Bicknell, it’s only been two races for Pete’s sake (pun intended), and he is Stewart fn Freezer after all. 

Having said that, I would have liked to seen him stick with the upstart, or hell, go back to Teo.  This feels like a LeBron (bitch) move, but racing is indeed a business these days, even around here.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did better in a TEO.  I understand everybodys opinion but I don't agree. The cars got strung out a few times last night during the feature. Stewey had the same opportunity as the other 15 drivers who turned faster laps than he did as far as being on the watch.  Not all 15 of those drivers were out front like Perrego in clean air.  Im not saying he didn't pass cars. All Im saying is I don't think the Bicknell is the "Cure-All" after what I saw last night. That guy can squeeze every drop out of a race car. That's what makes him so good.

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

I wish race monitor didn’t exist....it’s very apparent crew guys and drivers are the only people who understand what’s the use of lap times...for years we used a stopwatch, did the same thing, except a bunch of people who have no idea about race cars didn’t act like they did.

So tell me more. I know you have experience that I don't. What did the use of those times tell you. What can you tell me specifically about last night regarding his 16th fastest lap time in the feature? What am I missing. Im asking you this question on a friendly basis where you could teach me something.

Lap times tell the drivers and crews what the track is doing 1st and foremost....you watch the track by watching a clock. Your lap time consistency throughout a feature, is far more important than fastest lap time. Anybody can turn a fast lap, track changes, traffic, starting position or car setup all can change when your car may be fastest, or may stop you from ever having an opportunity to turn a clean lap to have a shot at quick time. Your car may be super tight early, and come to you later in the race....even though you may drive to the front in the second half of the event, the racetrack has burnt up some now and there is no way to turn laps equivalent to what were being turned early on. Any driver that does actually look at lap times of both himself and others, looks at a per lap basis. When did I fall off? where did I get better? How much quicker was so and so through the middle and end of the race, and where on the track was he running? Almost always the fastest lap times of a race come early on, they don’t give trophy’s for how fast you are Laps 1-15....laps 15-35 are what matter. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Lap times tell the drivers and crews what the track is doing 1st and foremost....you watch the track by watching a clock. Your lap time consistency throughout a feature, is far more important than fastest lap time. Anybody can turn a fast lap, track changes, traffic, starting position or car setup all can change when your car may be fastest, or may stop you from ever having an opportunity to turn a clean lap to have a shot at quick time. Your car may be super tight early, and come to you later in the race....even though you may drive to the front in the second half of the event, the racetrack has burnt up some now and there is no way to turn laps equivalent to what were being turned early on. Any driver that does actually look at lap times of both himself and others, looks at a per lap basis. When did I fall off? where did I get better? How much quicker was so and so through the middle and end of the race, and where on the track was he running? Almost always the fastest lap times of a race come early on, they don’t give trophy’s for how fast you are Laps 1-15....laps 15-35 are what matter. 

Mmm, when I was more into NASCAR and wanted to know how my driver was going to do on Sunday, I’d look at the practice average, not who was at the top of the board.  They didn’t highlight that back then, I think they do nowadays.