anyone know the start time for the sds race on Saturday?  I see the weekend schedule but no start time

Sign hanging in rest rooms this past week said that for Saturday front gates open at 5pm. I believe it also said warm ups at 6pm. But it did not list an actual start time which I thought was kind of odd myself. Must be they are still deciding???

Malta website just says pits open at 4pm and grandstands at 5pm. I'm guessing hot laps at 6pm and then the time trials shortly thereafter. It is a 3 division show (modifieds, pro stocks, and limited sportsman) with the pro stock race also being a touring race. First heat will probably hit the track a little after 7pm. Hoping for great racing, big crowd, high car counts, and Dave Farney doing his thing in the flagstand. Long range weather forecast for next weekend looks absolutely fantastic.👍

45 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Any reserved seating or are they just allowing people to show up before the gates open and cover their seats?

Top 2 rows are reserved 

So I thought that I would be able to go Thursday and Saturday.  My schedule changed and now definitely Saturday and work Friday until 4 so can hop in car and make 2 hour drive South. My question is what kind of car counts are going to be Friday night?  Will most of the Malta regulars run in a 358 Friday?  Sorry to be a pain but have a lot of wood to get in for winter and being a little selective on shows. I'm thinking by the previous Friday at Malta it will resemble a normal Friday night Malta, without big blocks. All advice always appreciated. 

This past Friday they ran 358's and drew 25 cars which paid $3K to win. This Friday pays $4K. My guess would be 25-30 small blocks.

New flyer. Sat grandstands open at 2, pit gates at 4?? Seems weird.EErkua1XkAE-d1h.thumb.jpeg.3ef1f625ce0b742e5f2242e939d7db3d.jpeg

On 9/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, happyracer said:

This past Friday they ran 358's and drew 25 cars which paid $3K to win. This Friday pays $4K. My guess would be 25-30 small blocks.

I would think that some guys will be spending Thursday-Saturday and if they have both BB and SB why not try for the $4K on Friday...35 SB is my guess.

2 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

Friesen will be there tonight filling in for Hearn 

Filling in?   Why no Hearn?

3 minutes ago, leroy said:

Filling in?   Why no Hearn?

Read on FB that Hearn will be somewhere for his niece's wedding.   And that Stew made an arrangement with Madsen to take their already qualified spot.   Stew will be bringing a Bicknell, and also sporting a throwback 2004 Madsen paint scheme.  

Disclaimer:  I read this on FB.  I don't have any validation that any of this is fact.

Ric

i really like your idea of disclaimer at the end!:)) 

You know what really makes me happiest is Brett is missing the show!!

And I use to work for him and I’m a Brett fan. I say this because back in his earlier years of racing the race would have been choose over attending the wedding:( And I get that because 98 out of 100 drivers and crew members would go to the race. The older we get when we sit back and look at what we missed while racing and it makes you a little sad . The one thing that I missed was my nieces high school graduations:(( I’m so proud of them . They were valedictorian and 2 have become teachers:)) so I’m glad Brett is getting to enjoy family time because racing has taken away many great moments in his life he never got to attend as well as other racers have. 

If anyone is looking for accommodations for Malta Massive Weekend, I have an Airbnb/short term rental in the neighborhood down the road from the track, right off the exit. This weekend is currently available. If anyone would like more info pm me

I see Stew ran a coni.  Did they not end up letting him take Hearn’s spot?   Hopefully that was the case.   Allowing fill in drivers is the dumbest thing I have ever seen allowed in dirt racing. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

I see Stew ran a coni.  Did they not end up letting him take Hearn’s spot?   Hopefully that was the case.   Allowing fill in drivers is the dumbest thing I have ever seen allowed in dirt racing. 

Stew is driving his new Bicknell with a throwback Madsen Overhead Doors #20 body on it.

This weekend has already been awesome so far.  Saturday's gonna be even better. I'm going out on a limb and saying Matty D. takes this thing. That new Bicknell looked dialed in last night. Perrego and Decker both looked fast, and never count out Tremont. Who's it gonna be? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

Friesen ran the consi and started 26th in the feature. Hearn had qualified back in April so technically he did not get Hearns spot.

6 minutes ago, NHmodfan80 said:

Can someone confirm for me... Saturday the grandstands open at 2pm and the pits open at 4pm?

Both open at 2pm

On 9/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, happyracer said:

41 SB here tonight.

• Like 2