15 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

They can run non-sanctioned events, but they have to get it approved by the sanction. The rule is that way so tracks can’t expect a full WoO roster if they schedule before or after a WoO swing in their area. 

As far as Mansfield, There is no dirt track that is more hated by drivers than Mansfield. The surface would be better suited as a rock crawling course. 

That’s right I knew it was a weird deal they had to get the ok from WRG!

Mansfield has great potential but...I haven’t heard great things about the surface and I was there to witness it for the 100k Sprint show both years! 

Ryan Godown to Land of Legends...some of these are just so weird to see...it almost seems like it's an SDS race without the tag. Am i right now that pretty much every full-time member of the SDS will be at LoL besides Sheppard and Decker?

1 minute ago, Sideways91 said:

Dirtcar is defenitely pulling some strings to keep these guys away from fonda

I absolutely agree.  Maybe not forcing them but definitely asking them to stay away.  

Proud to say I called it after only Rudolph and Williamson. The weird thing is what could they offer or threaten to all these guys that they go to LoL but yet King Matt still goes to Fonda but most of the others stay away? Weird for sure.

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Ryan Godown to Land of Legends...some of these are just so weird to see...it almost seems like it's an SDS race without the tag. Am i right now that pretty much every full-time member of the SDS will be at LoL besides Sheppard and Decker?

Based on what is going on, I now have more respect for the SDS drivers who are going to Fonda. 

• Like 2

Lance Willix to LoL. If you would have told me two guys would be at LoL on Saturday that would be big time stretches considering the races going on at fonda and Bridgeport, Godown and Willix would have been two names towards the top of the list. Bussiere as well...just puzzling.

Its great for LoL, should be a great show! Hope both fan bases get treated to some great racing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

They can run non-sanctioned events, but they have to get it approved by the sanction. The rule is that way so tracks can’t expect a full WoO roster if they schedule before or after a WoO swing in their area. 

As far as Mansfield, There is no dirt track that is more hated by drivers than Mansfield. The surface would be better suited as a rock crawling course. 

I knew with Jac situation was in a few years ago that he needed “permission” and thought that was a one time deal! I didn’t realize that was an actual rule for all platinum drivers.

As for Mansfield it’s too bad that they can not get the surface straightened out, great facility in terms of grandstand area, I went to both 100k Sprint Car World Series Races and It was a motocross track unfortunately.  I was wondering how the tracks surface was for the Late Model event but Josh I have a feeling you may have been there and it wasn’t any better?  I hope they get the Surface figured out I would hate to see it close down.

Also for everyone that are  upset or frustrated with Rudolph, and Williamson not going to Fonda why not contact them and find out there reason for not going? 

I live 40 minutes from Fonda, and would rather go to Canandaigua myself.  Always enjoyed the racing more.  The bigger question for me is whether Fonda will get enough fans to cover the purse?  

12 minutes ago, farklek7 said:

I live 40 minutes from Fonda, and would rather go to Canandaigua myself.  Always enjoyed the racing more.  The bigger question for me is whether Fonda will get enough fans to cover the purse?  

Fonda will be fine, it will be packed and it looks like Canandaigua will do good as well. 

News Flash: Dirtcar sees that drivers can be convinced to not run for 53K to win, Super Dirt Week 200 to now pay 500 shekels to win...................  :)

On 9/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, matt_s86 said:

Listening to an interview on Doug's Dirt Diary, sounds like Mat Williamson will be going to Canandaigua also.

Couple of years ago when Williamson thought he was screwed out of point money by Dirtcar he wouldn't have given them the time of day.  My how times change.

42 minutes ago, Racerfan2003 said:

I knew with Jac situation was in a few years ago that he needed “permission” and thought that was a one time deal! I didn’t realize that was an actual rule for all platinum drivers.

As for Mansfield it’s too bad that they can not get the surface straightened out, great facility in terms of grandstand area, I went to both 100k Sprint Car World Series Races and It was a motocross track unfortunately.  I was wondering how the tracks surface was for the Late Model event but Josh I have a feeling you may have been there and it wasn’t any better?  I hope they get the Surface figured out I would hate to see it close down.

Also for everyone that are  upset or frustrated with Rudolph, and Williamson not going to Fonda why not contact them and find out there reason for not going? 

I wasn’t there for the Go Fund Me 100 either year. There’s enough horror stories from previous events that it drove the decision home not to go. And from taking to a driver who went, no, the surface wasn’t any better. 

That said, there are strong rumors that Mansfield has run its last race under this promoter, and it may very well be it’s last race ever. 

4 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Yan Bussiere to Land of Legends

Jocko Maggiacomo to Land of Legends.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I wasn’t there for the Go Fund Me 100 either year. There’s enough horror stories from previous events that it drove the decision home not to go. And from taking to a driver who went, no, the surface wasn’t any better. 

That said, there are strong rumors that Mansfield has run its last race under this promoter, and it may very well be it’s last race ever. 

That’s to bad 

What happens when a bunch of these drivers claimed to be going to LOL show up at Fonda?

16 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

I absolutely agree.  Maybe not forcing them but definitely asking them to stay away.  

Again, go ask the guys. Just like every other time, there's no conspiracy. 

Godown is going to test some stuff for Oswego. He's not a guy that was always at Bridgeport for mid-week shows even when he was racing locally, and he's been very vocal this year about not running shows that allow the open small blocks (which Bridgeport allows)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Probably jus looking for more practice on cny tracks with Hoosiers. Why would he go race Fonda when the whole reason he ran the dirt series was the motor rules?

Like Jamie said, there’s no conspiracy here. It’s drivers wanting to support the organization they have run with all season & stick with a rules package they’ve run all season. Much respect to those who are doing so. It’s very hard to find drivers who really believe in and show loyalty to a company or sanctioning body in today’s racing world. Move on folks, nothing to see here:

• Like 8

18 hours ago, farklek7 said:

Funny how we all feel differently , Fonda is a 4 hour drive for me and Canandaigua is only 2 but I would rather go to the Fonda race for a change of pace as I see the SDS guys several times  a year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Funny how we all feel differently , Fonda is a 4 hour drive for me and Canandaigua is only 2 but I would rather go to the Fonda race for a change of pace as I see the SDS guys several times  a year.

And nobody can blame that logic. Sometimes I take a different way home even if it's longer, just for the change in scenery.

One thing is certain - there are 2 events to choose from next weekend. Pick the one that most fits your budget and beliefs and support racing.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, racermurray said:

I feel the same.  Canandaigua is Speedway is 15 minutes from me.  And I am very much still undecided on which event I will go to that day.

not everybody wants to see the Yankee's play the Red Sox's ... some fans would rather go see the Orioles play the Tigers....   thats ok too.. as long as you go... 

• Like 3