Listening to an interview on Doug's Dirt Diary, sounds like Mat Williamson will be going to Canandaigua also.

• Like 1

I think the big part of it is the Respect for the Hears family for everything they have done for racers and the racing community. I’m not saying if you choose Fonda over Land of Legends you don’t respect them but there are certain levels of caring and respect . The Hears family and especially the Patriarch of the family Gerald who would do anything for anyone and they don’t come around very often!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sheppard9s said:

Why would you not want the chance to race for 53.000 wow

It is crazy! P4 pays 7G and P5 pays 4G. If I were to bet I would say Rudolph could easily get in the top 10 which is $1,750 minimum. 

Throwing big purses out there isn't worth it.  You have big name drivers not attending and then others telling people to go to the tower. All hell breaks loose. 

$125,675 total payout for the a Fonda feature.  

5 minutes ago, Sheppard9s said:

Why would you not want the chance to race for 53.000 wow

Have to switch tires, compete against the stss motors, do 200 laps of wear and tear, he might not even feel like he has a great chance at winning with shows as 4 starts at Fonda on race stat centeal.  You have to finish probably about 4rth to come out in the green on this event for a guy that doesnt usually run american racers. Even that might be cutting it close after you buy 10-12 tires go through 25 gallons of gas, stay at Fonda for 2-3 days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt_s86 said:

Listening to an interview on Doug's Dirt Diary, sounds like Mat Williamson will be going to Canandaigua also.

Confirmed on Land of Legends Facebook page 

27 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Have to switch tires, compete against the stss motors, do 200 laps of wear and tear, he might not even feel like he has a great chance at winning with shows as 4 starts at Fonda on race stat centeal.  You have to finish probably about 4rth to come out in the green on this event for a guy that doesnt usually run american racers. Even that might be cutting it close after you buy 10-12 tires go through 25 gallons of gas, stay at Fonda for 2-3 days. 

Finished 3rd at the Firecracker 50..... That tells me he would be in contention.

Williamson is a bit of a shocker.  I would have thought for sure he'd have been at Fonda for a chance at $53,000 after winning at Orange County.  I know the Berhent's car is set up to run the STSS so the motor rules / tire deal wouldn't really apply to them.

11 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Williamson is a bit of a shocker.  I would have thought for sure he'd have been at Fonda for a chance at $53,000 after winning at Orange County.  I know the Berhent's car is set up to run the STSS so the motor rules / tire deal wouldn't really apply to them.

Behrent announced after they won the Centennial race they were parking the car to focus 100% on Eastern States Weekend. 

Fonda is still going to be a great show, but as we discussed in other threads, the motor rules on the STSS make it tough for a big block to be competitive, especially in 200 lapper. That's why you're going to see a couple or surprise guys skip out on the show, and at the same time you'll get some surprise entries that you don't usually see at SDW or ESW because of those same motor rules!

• Like 1

If I'm a team I at least go to Fonda  Friday and see how I do for the heat race since they're determined by draw. Following the heat race make a decision to stay or race elsewhere Saturday. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

If I'm a team I at least go to Fonda  Friday and see how I do for the heat race since they're determined by draw. Following the heat race make a decision to stay or race elsewhere Saturday. 

I agree with this, I'm actually surprised more guys aren't doing that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Dunn to land of legends. Not shocking. 

Fuller to Fonda. Now I have to decide which one I want to watch on dtd tv

As I said before I wouldn’t expect more then 50-55 cars at fonda.  This isn’t 1990 anymore. 

Personally I'm still up in the air but leaning on skipping fonda myself.   If it was a real “200” I would be there in a heart beat just not a fan of twin 100’s at all 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

As I said before I wouldn’t expect more then 50-55 cars at fonda.  This isn’t 1990 anymore. 

Personally I'm still up in the air but leaning on skipping fonda myself.   If it was a real “200” I would be there in a heart beat just not a fan of twin 100’s at all 

It’s not a legit 200? What’s the format?

12 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

It’s not a legit 200? What’s the format?

At lap 100, a yellow/red will be called for 10 minutes. Cars staying on the track will be permitted to refuel, adjust tire pressures, re-apply tear-offs ONLY on the front straightaway and will maintain their position. Cars heading to the Hot Pit area may change tires or make other adjustments but must start behind the cars remaining on the speedway. Cars remaining on the speedway will maintain their running order from lap 100. Cars entering the Hot Pit area will be scored via their running order from lap 100. Drivers will not be able to advance their position on the Hot Pit during the break with the exception of those not returning to the speedway within the allotted 10- minute time limit.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 22racingteam said:

I don't think many teams get excited about live pit stops

2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Williamson is a bit of a shocker. 

How do you figure? Gerry Haers has been a loyal supporter of BRP for decades. With Randy Williamson being part owner of Bicknell during that time, we revert back to respect.

3 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

The Hears family and especially the Patriarch of the family Gerald who would do anything for anyone and they don’t come around very often!!

I don't have this on any kind of authority, but I did know Gerry Haers. I'd bet almost anything that Gerry palmed pocket money in a handshake to folks who were struggling and needed a little help because that's what kind of guy he was. You are 100% correct. Guys like Gerry don't come around very often. The only other guy I can think of with a comparable level of love for the sport and generosity would be Dave Rauscher.

Here is a thought...

With all of these season ending 200 lappers, is it possible that some teams are trying to save their equipment to run other events ( Outlaw 200, SDW, ESW, Charlotte )?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobMiller said:

How do you figure? Gerry Haers has been a loyal supporter of BRP for decades. With Randy Williamson being part owner of Bicknell during that time, we revert back to respect.

I don't have this on any kind of authority, but I did know Gerry Haers. I'd bet almost anything that Gerry palmed pocket money in a handshake to folks who were struggling and needed a little help because that's what kind of guy he was. You are 100% correct. Guys like Gerry don't come around very often. The only other guy I can think of with a comparable level of love for the sport and generosity would be Dave Rauscher.

Here is a thought...

With all of these season ending 200 lappers, is it possible that some teams are trying to save their equipment to run other events ( Outlaw 200, SDW, ESW, Charlotte )?

It’s also way closer to home for Mat. 

3 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

yep their's all that, and the Haer's family means a lot to a bunch of drivers.Mr Haer's helped out a hell of a lot of drivers.

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

It’s also way closer to home for Mat. 

We are talking about teams that will tow to Florida for $1500 but will pass up $53,000 to race closer to home. I get the whole respect thing but back in the heyday's of modified racing none of the top teams would have passed on this kind of money. Once again this proves that purse money means nothing anymore.

• Thanks 1

Has it occurred to anyone that some drivers just don’t like raving at Fonda? I know there are a lot of them that steer clear of the Valley.