20 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Someone has one listed on eBay and it’s up to $840. That’s crazy. 

Still cheaper than my hotel room at the Holiday Inn for Wednesday - Sunday...  lol 

I have a hotel room at the Home2Suites, which is located directly next to the speedway. I drive my golf cart to and from the speedway w/o ever having to worry bout DUI. I look out my window to see the speedway. Not going to be able to go this year. I believe that I’m paying $216/night. Not sure how I would go about switching names on reservation, but getting ready to cancel my reservation. If anyone has an interest in this room, let me know. I’ll see if I can switch the name on the reservation m.

1 hour ago, racinjason said:

wow, talk about mark-up! most expensive spot is in the "flats", which was $200

Started out probably at $200 but people have bid it to $840 yesterday with 4 days left to bid. Guess it’s worth whatever people wanna bid it up 2. Is in Black lot. $200 spot. 

16 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Started out probably at $200 but people have bid it to $840 yesterday with 4 days left to bid. Guess it’s worth whatever people wanna bid it up 2. Is in Black lot. $200 spot. 

If those things sell for what they are listed for on eBay don’t be shocked when the price of a camping spot for SDW goes up next year.  

Does the ebay winning highest bidder of Black Lot - Spot #4 get a nice engraved plaque that says:

"I love paying 4x the value for everything - 2019 highest ebay winner."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Does the ebay winning highest bidder of Black Lot - Spot #4 get a nice engraved plaque that says:

"I love paying 4x the value for everything - 2019 highest ebay winner."

I think the value of one of those spots is a lot more than what Oswego is actually charging for them.

There's way too much racing for me to even think of spending $800 on a campsite alone. If I can't get a site at SDW, I'm going to Charlotte,  Fonda,  Volusia,  wherever. 

If they want to live up to the name of 'racing's biggest party' then WRG needs to find a place where more camping is available. 🏕️

15 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

There's way too much racing for me to even think of spending $800 on a campsite alone. If I can't get a site at SDW, I'm going to Charlotte,  Fonda,  Volusia,  wherever. 

If they want to live up to the name of 'racing's biggest party' then WRG needs to find a place where more camping is available. 🏕️

I don’t think that the overall amount of campsites is an issue.

i believe the black lot is the one that is mostly gravel that comes with hookups.  It’s the premier lot to be in.

13 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

I don’t think that the overall amount of campsites is an issue.i believe the black lot is the one that is mostly gravel that comes with hookups.  It’s the premier lot to be in.

the amount of campsites will always be an  issue because their will never be another "syracuse" 

campsites are not an issue at my track, see you soon,GLENN

9 hours ago, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

Anyone have any recommendations on campgrounds in the Oswego area. We’d be tenting it and don’t need to be to close to the track. Thanks. 

I looked on the SDW website and they have tent sites for $100.  It looks like it's on the northern end of the yellow section.  

Originally, I was just looking to see if there were any spots left.  I think everything is sold except the tent sites.  Anyone know if camping is sold out?  

This is why I said it's really not "racing's biggest party" if you can't fit everyone that wants to stay on the grounds.

15 hours ago, racermurray said:

Fair Haven Beach State Park , stayed there for Super Dirt week last 3 years.

the best kept secret near oswego ,good choice close enough but yet far enough to get some quiet time if needed

I just looked a few minutes ago and couldn’t believe it. I told my wife I’m bidding $2,000 and she said if I do it’ll be my new living situation 🙄

• Like 2

I buy a lot of old sports cards on eBay, and the bidding going on in that auction would scare the hell out of me.. Ebay is notorious for shill bidding and all kinds of sketchiness with auctions.

Two bidders are pumping up the price - one of which has "0" feedback.  There are only three bidders above $620 -- and two of them have either "0" or "1" feedback. I would not touch that auction because of the bidding history in it; the bidding looks shady as hell. It has been a while since I have seen an eBay auction with that many "0" feedback bidders all suddenly deciding to try and make their first eBay purchase.

IMO, be wary of that auction. It is not an unusual occurrence on eBay for auctions to be pumped up to insane prices, then never paid for.

24 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

I buy a lot of old sports cards on eBay, and the bidding going on in that auction would scare the hell out of me.. Ebay is notorious for shill bidding and all kinds of sketchiness with auctions.

Two bidders are pumping up the price - one of which has "0" feedback.  There are only three bidders above $620 -- and two of them have either "0" or "1" feedback. I would not touch that auction because of the bidding history in it; the bidding looks shady as hell. It has been a while since I have seen an eBay auction with that many "0" feedback bidders all suddenly deciding to try and make their first eBay purchase.

IMO, be wary of that auction. It is not an unusual occurrence on eBay for auctions to be pumped up to insane prices, then never paid for.

this is exactly spot on and good catch. one of the many reasons I know longer sell much if anything on ebay anymore. between shilling, shady buyers and fees it's out of control

• Like 1