Sign in to follow this  
Art Roraback

Congratulations to Demetrios Drellos!

The SDS race at Malta on Saturday was won from the pole and the leader led all 100 laps. But it was one hell of a race! Congratulation on Demetrio Drellos on winning his first Super Dirt Series race!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Art Roraback said:

The SDS race at Malta on Saturday was won from the pole and the leader led all 100 laps. But it was one hell of a race! Congratulation on Demetrio Drellos on winning his first Super Dirt Series race!

How can a SDS race that was won from the pole be a good race? The Deyo lovers are gonna disagree. Butt seriously congrats to Demetrio. Sounded like a typical Albany race. Which seems really good these days. 

3 hours ago, montess said:

How can a SDS race that was won from the pole be a good race? The Deyo lovers are gonna disagree. Butt seriously congrats to Demetrio. Sounded like a typical Albany race. Which seems really good these days. 

It was a good race, someone on DTD once told me “a good rave can have battles all through the field, doesn’t have to be for the lead”...that was after I said a race at Fonda was boring when it was lead by the same guy the whole time. 

Congrats to the entire Drellos team!!!!!

• Like 1

Great race. I was waiting for Drellos' RR to give out - he was balls to the wall on the high side the whole race, but he did a great job.

• Like 2

Congratulations to that team! I kept waiting thinking he was going to run off 1 and 2 but he didn’t! WELL DONE!

That kid earned it.  Think of the names that were within touching distance, and he just pulled away from them.  Sheppard, Wight, Decker, Williamson, Friesen.  There was no running and hiding, he was just better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

Congratulations to that team! I kept waiting thinking he was going to run off 1 and 2 but he didn’t! WELL DONE!

he actually did right around the mid way portion of the race, he got a bid more sideways than he had been but he was so far out at that point, I don't think many people even realized. other than that he was pretty flawless

• Like 1

7 hours ago, montess said:

It’s was a good race. What made it exciting was seeing if the 111 could pull the upset. Laps kept clicking off and he kept pulling away. Mahaney also drove a great race getting though the field 

track was great. No dust and guys had 3 lanes they could use

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Williams said:

Wasn't everyone on here talking shit on him last year? 

Someone said he was cocky, self-centered, NONE of that shown here........ 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Someone said he was cocky, self-centered, NONE of that shown here........ 

Not even close. I met him at LoL at the series race. And he and his team were very friendly. Happy to see him Win ! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

Caught up with Demetrios Drellos after the win and he gave his thoughts:

Great interview on both sides of the mic.

• Like 2

People still say he's cocky. The kid put his money where his mouth is. as long as the cockiness isn't arrogance, big deal.

Like PatsJags14 said ... the excitement of seeing him fend off the onslaught of challengers was all you needed. Matt had a nose in front of him a few times, then Larry, then Billy, and Mat and Stewie were coming fast at the end. I don't think many of us thought he was going to hold them off but he did.

Anyway ... say what you want about the kid ... he put on a hell of a show and gave us our money's worth.

By the way ... I'm pretty sure this is his first big block win, period. Haven't been able to confirm that, but it's pretty cool if it is. A throwback to Harry peek winning the Fond 200.

5 hours ago, GasketCase said:

By the way ... I'm pretty sure this is his first big block win, period. Haven't been able to confirm that, but it's pretty cool if it is. A throwback to Harry peek winning the Fond 200.

He won at Fonda in June 2018 in the Nelson 85 with a big block, the same car he will be running the Fonda 200 in!

• Like 2

Great race. Track was awesome. The weather was beautiful and the atmosphere was even better. The parking lot was like a god damn Grateful Dead concert. The kid deserves it. He was fast all day. Excellent time at The Malta Massive weekend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, REDDFOXX said:

He won at Fonda in June 2018 in the Nelson 85 with a big block, the same car he will be running the Fonda 200 in!

He confirmed that this wasn't his first big block win, but didn't say when or where he won. Thank you for the specifics.

10 hours ago, canadiansrfaster said:

The parking lot was like a god damn Grateful Dead concert.

🤣 Right down to the un-bathed groupies 🤣

• Like 1

Here's a cool fact... his first one was June 16th 2017 at Malta and his second when was exactly one year later on June 16th 2018 at Fonda.

I'm just in case anyone is wondering, Brian Bedell had nothing whatsoever to do with me knowing this.