Sign in to follow this  
Uncle tom

Winner at Fonda not named Friesen or Sheppard ?

3 hours ago, ranger22 said:

We ran the Lebanon Valley 100 at Penn National on Methanol with out a fuel stop.

Back in the days of Penn National I don’t believe they had any rules on how large your full tank had to be. I remember at Nazareth National when it opened there were cars running with a tank build large enough to fill up the total area of the rear of the car.

All of the Grand Stands are reserved seats, bleachers in turn 1, 4 are general admision. 

21 minutes ago, J. Downing said:

All of the Grand Stands are reserved seats, bleachers in turn 1, 4 are general admision. 

Ok, thanks!

31 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

Ok, thanks!

Your welcome. They put extra bleachers in, turn one and some in front of the grandstands between the stairs. Enjoy the weekend!!

10 minutes ago, J. Downing said:

Your welcome. They put extra bleachers in, turn one and some in front of the grandstands between the stairs. Enjoy the weekend!!

Thanks!!

How was the crowd last night? I wanted to go and sit in grandstands but wasn't sure I would be comfortable. Being they numbered seats and reserved them, I didn't want to take any chances of being squeezed in between a couple of 300 pounders. I wish they would just reserve top 3 or 4 rows and then let people come first come first to get a seat. Do they really make that much more by having all seats reserved? I called the speedway yesterday morning and they had single day reserved seats still available.

7 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

How was the crowd last night? I wanted to go and sit in grandstands but wasn't sure I would be comfortable. Being they numbered seats and reserved them, I didn't want to take any chances of being squeezed in between a couple of 300 pounders. I wish they would just reserve top 3 or 4 rows and then let people come first come first to get a seat. Do they really make that much more by having all seats reserved? I called the speedway yesterday morning and they had single day reserved seats still available.

I walked through the grandstand on Thursday and it looks like they were pretty generous with the seat space.  It looked to me like folks were fitting comfortably.  Not like going to a NASCAR race where you're trying to squeeze yourself into a seat by any means. 

Crowd looked good last night, but a little lighter than I would have thought.  I think the fact that there were just modified qualifiers on the card likely played a bit of a part.  It's tough to fill the stands without a modified feature.  I expect a much larger crowd tonight. 

Yea the seating spacing is generous for sure. Lots of sold seats with no one in them last night. Tonights show should have a almost packed house. 50/50 was a little over 3000.00 so tonight should be that plus some!!   

People also get nervous about reserve seating,from what I saw last night,the security posted at the stairs felt like a prison not a race track. Heck there wasn't that much at The Moody Mile when we were there LoL. Alot of regulars were mad about losing their Saturday night seats,they went through and took every body's stuff and either threw it in a pile or threw it out. I was mad because months before I asked and both deyo's told me to leave my blanket down(I even offered to pay more for my general admission seat and was turned away)I went down Thursday and it was gone! Then they said rules changed. If I was told earlier I would have taken my stuff with me but they told me to leave it.From what I heard in line I was not the only one with this problem! Deyo, need to learn to take care of your regulars,we're the ones their every weekend,not these people that come down to a race or two! PS-the old couple sitting next to us had reserved seating tickets but liked the general admission seating better and sat there.To me either reserve the whole place or just the tops few rows.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

I’ve never witnessed more pre-race farting around than i’m Witnessing now before the start of the FONDA 209 ! Jesus Christ, GET THIS RACE STARTED !!!!

I guess you didn’t go to the Centennial race at OCFS then...

24 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

I’ve never witnessed more pre-race farting around than i’m Witnessing now before the start of the FONDA 209 ! Jesus Christ, GET THIS RACE STARTED !!!!

Easy Big Boy... ya gotta have a little foreplay before they throw the green and all hell breaks loose!!! Lol.

4 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

When the race is unable to finish because of rain, they have no one to blame but themselves !

Don’t check the weather radar, you’ll really get upset 😢 

9 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

I walked through the grandstand on Thursday and it looks like they were pretty generous with the seat space.  It looked to me like folks were fitting comfortably.  Not like going to a NASCAR race where you're trying to squeeze yourself into a seat by any means. 

Crowd looked good last night, but a little lighter than I would have thought.  I think the fact that there were just modified qualifiers on the card likely played a bit of a part.  It's tough to fill the stands without a modified feature.  I expect a much larger crowd tonight. 

I agree with them being generous with seat space after you said such. I had been checking it out the last few times I was there and me and my son both had a lot of room in our two numbered seats. I just got a little gun shy about what it would be like with a full grandstand.   I wasn't sure if it would be gridlock inside the gates. Its a little restricted once you get through the gates. 

Raining here....weather sucks but it’s the best thing for the racing....it was exactly what some of us expected....rubbered 1 lane by lap 15 and by lap 50 the tire problems started....

The race is gonna finish tonight, according to the track, we will be waiting out the rain. There has been 2 good grooves so far, not everyone is having tire issues. It could run all 200 under green amd someone would find a dault!! 

21 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Raining here....weather sucks but it’s the best thing for the racing....it was exactly what some of us expected....rubbered 1 lane by lap 15 and by lap 50 the tire problems started....

You called it rpm...... tires are gonna decide this race.

LOVE how she’s not taking crap from Hearn and Decker in the restarts. They try to get under her or on the outside of her and she just holds her line and pulls away !

• Like 1

We've got a shot to get it in. Listening to the radio in the car right now and it's a super light mist.

Anyone who wants to see true farting around needs to go to Oswego for the Classic. All these other tracks are amateurs at wasting time compared to them.

Now, "Get back in your tower you piece of ***!" 

Should be a good race when we go back. Basically a short feature, take a break, then 100 laps to settle it.