5 hours ago, macho said:

As much as the haters would love to say what a crybaby he was.....I'd guess if anything he was pissed at himself for either a miscalculation or for not picking up more mud after the race. 

Right, because we all know that he' not a crybaby...........

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, John Williams said:

How ya doing buddy? Are you gonna be okay?

I really thought you were going to tell sheppard9s that if he was shoved up Matt's a$$ like he always is that Matt would've made weight. 

You're slipping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 24KC said:

Im sure it was a miscalculation.  More caution laps burn more fuel 6# per gallon, more abrasive more tire wear. 

Caution laps burn more fuel?  I was thinking caution laps would help fuel conservation since in most races caution laps count until usually give or take the last 10 laps.  I was guessing lower rpm's and lower speed = better fuel economy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Caution laps burn more fuel?  I was thinking caution laps would help fuel conservation since in most races caution laps count until usually give or take the last 10 laps.  I was guessing lower rpm's and lower speed = better fuel economy?

Only 3 laps counted under caution then they froze the lap 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Only 3 laps counted under caution then they froze the lap 

OK. In the SDS, the drivers must use a different strategy because they can burn through 10-15 laps on one caution😖

• Like 1

When you freeze lap counter after 3 laps it makes it really hard to play close on the weight to the minimum limit. If 7 lbs is the number Matt was light that’s about 1 1/8 gallon of gas. That’s probably 8-10 caution laps at Fonda. If I’m running a team at Dirtweek my car will make weight with no gas, 25 pounds for tire wear and 8 pounds for driver loss of fluids. During a long race drivers sweat a lot and burn energy. Tire wear probably won’t be that much but that builds a little safety net in case a corner of my back bumper gets broken off or a side bar.

So we watched the first half of the race in the infield and during parade laps there was smoke and an obvious tick coming from Friesen’s 44. What happened to that???

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Here is a post from the Matt Sheppard Fan Page on Facebook....

Last night at Fonda we had a awesome finish to find out we were light at the end of the 200 laps.  It was our mistake no excuses and we will move on to the next race. Thanks to my crew for all the hard work and fans for supporting us. See you at the Outlaw 200.🏁

Classy post in my opinion.

I guess engineers are not as perfect as everyone claims. He emphasizes very clearly "we" and "our" making sure everyone realizes he is not the only one responsible. Yes I agree Scott, it was a nice gesture thanking his fans and crew.

7 hours ago, robertmorris said:

I guess engineers are not as perfect as everyone claims. He emphasizes very clearly "we" and "our" making sure everyone realizes he is not the only one responsible. Yes I agree Scott, it was a nice gesture thanking his fans and crew.

Some people will pick at anything. He obviously has a whole team that helps him set up for each race. As a team, they made a mistake. He would be the first one to tell you how much of a help his crew guys are to him. But instead,  let's stick with the narrative he's a terrible guy and allude to the fact that he's blaming this situation on his team.

From the interactions I've had with him, it seems like he will give it to you straight and without sugar coating it (there's a pretty good recent example at a big event where he doesn't mince words). If he was going to blame it on someone else, I have a feeling he'd say something like "a member of our crew made a calculation error". Could he have taken all the blame? Sure. But I don't see why he has to, unless he was given advice by his team to run at a heavier weight and decided to go against their suggestion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dirt54 said:

Some people will pick at anything. He obviously has a whole team that helps him set up for each race. As a team, they made a mistake. He would be the first one to tell you how much of a help his crew guys are to him. But instead,  let's stick with the narrative he's a terrible guy and allude to the fact that he's blaming this situation on his team.

From the interactions I've had with him, it seems like he will give it to you straight and without sugar coating it (there's a pretty good recent example at a big event where he doesn't mince words). If he was going to blame it on someone else, I have a feeling he'd say something like "a member of our crew made a calculation error". Could he have taken all the blame? Sure. But I don't see why he has to, unless he was given advice by his team to run at a heavier weight and decided to go against their suggestion. 

He's much to smart to put the blame solely on someone's shoulders. Remember one thing, he like most of the big shoes with his experience and intelligence, has the final decision on major issues, that would be clearly understood. Before you attach my name to your narrative theory, concentrate on my last sentence. Now hurry up and get in line, ass kissing will start momentarily.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, zmahoney21 said:

So we watched the first half of the race in the infield and during parade laps there was smoke and an obvious tick coming from Friesen’s 44. What happened to that???

Multiple cars were ticking ... first time ive noticed it all year. Bobby and another car either Danny V or Mahaney had it to. As for the smoke I could not see any on the front stretch. 

"Make sure you put fuel in it."  -  Gary Balough before the feature one night at OCFS. 

Ever see him come up light?

On 9/30/2019 at 9:33 AM, robertmorris said:

You win and you lose as a team.  I've never heard Matt say in victory lane that "I made all the right changes tonight..." or something to that effect.  He's always used the term "we" when referring to his race team. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ManInTheStands said:

Multiple cars were ticking ... first time ive noticed it all year. Bobby and another car either Danny V or Mahaney had it to. As for the smoke I could not see any on the front stretch. 

Bobby definitely has a bad tick. Stew was definitely smoking prior to the green but whatever it was seemed to burn off. Clearly it wasn’t a huge issue, but it was pretty noticeable up close in 3-4.