3 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

So how light was Matt?

How upset was Matt?

You’ll have to excuse me; I’m not a driver or car owner and presently don’t help at the track so this is a comment from the outside looking in..BUT..if you are counting on these cheque’s as your primary source of income, how do you make this mistake? I understand trying to be efficient and not adding needless weight, but if my next meal was dependent on my finishes I’d like to think I’d make sure my car makes weight even on an empty fuel cell. I just can’t imagine taking that chance and losing thousands of dollars (in some cases tens of thousands of dollars). Sorry, I just don’t get it. Not for a professional racer anyway. 

5 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

So how light was Matt?

How upset was Matt?

More importantly how much money did he give up? Would have stung much more had he caught Friesen!

2 hours ago, JohnyC said:

You’ll have to excuse me; I’m not a driver or car owner and presently don’t help at the track so this is a comment from the outside looking in..BUT..if you are counting on these cheque’s as your primary source of income, how do you make this mistake? I understand trying to be efficient and not adding needless weight, but if my next meal was dependent on my finishes I’d like to think I’d make sure my car makes weight even on an empty fuel cell. I just can’t imagine taking that chance and losing thousands of dollars (in some cases tens of thousands of dollars). Sorry, I just don’t get it. Not for a professional racer anyway. 

Big question is did he flip out and curse at the officials working the scale? 🤯

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, robertmorris said:

More importantly how much money did he give up? Would have stung much more had he caught Friesen!

2nd paid $20K and he’s listed as a DQ which I’m assuming means either no money or maybe last place money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnyC said:

7 pounds light

3 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Probably lost it on tire wear. Something also could have broken and fallen off. Hard to say but tire wear is a big thing that gets forgotten sometimes 

• Like 1

Unfortunately nobody can calculate tire weight. Next time in the pit pick up a new right rear then pick up a used 100 lap right rear you would be amazed. Add all the tires up and there you have it. 

1 hour ago, RJO said:

Big question is did he flip out and curse at the officials working the scale? 🤯

No.  He didn’t complain once to any track officials, nor did he speed or rev his engine in any way after coming off the scales to show any displeasure for being disqualified.

Quite frankly we had no idea what had happened until he didn’t make the turn to victory lane for the top 3. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

Unfortunately nobody can calculate tire weight. Next time in the pit pick up a new right rear then pick up a used 100 lap right rear you would be amazed. Add all the tires up and there you have it. 

A/R TIRES ARE -5LBS.LESS BALD EACH TIRE

1 hour ago, WMR Racing said:

Everyone can calculate tire wear weight loss and most good teams do. Its very easy. Its not the first time someone has cut it to close, wont be the last. Not a big deal.

30 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

No.  He didn’t complain once to any track officials, nor did he speed or rev his engine in any way after coming off the scales to show any displeasure for being disqualified.

Quite frankly we had no idea what had happened until he didn’t make the turn to victory lane for the top 3. 

As much as the haters would love to say what a crybaby he was.....I'd guess if anything he was pissed at himself for either a miscalculation or for not picking up more mud after the race. 

40 minutes ago, lrgmouth said:

Everyone can calculate tire wear weight loss and most good teams do. Its very easy. Its not the first time someone has cut it to close, wont be the last. Not a big deal.

$20000 worth of big deal. Really don’t know why anyone (not just Sheppard) would figure the weight of the car that close. Unless there was added weight that fell off but if that happened he wasn’t following the rules by having it fastened securely enough.

• Like 1

Im sure it was a miscalculation.  More caution laps burn more fuel 6# per gallon, more abrasive more tire wear. not wet on the bottom or infield to pick up mud, its a gamble you  take but Light  is Light. How light was Bloomquist at Eldora this year? Frank Cozze lost a MODCAR win over 4 or 5#. Run the ragged edge ..hope you stay on the good side. If its 50#plus you're a dumbass.

50 plus and he would be a dumbass with a pocket full of money!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

Probably lost it on tire wear. Something also could have broken and fallen off. Hard to say but tire wear is a big thing that gets forgotten sometimes 

Yeah that could be it. Just figured with that much money on the line you’d err on the side of caution and end up 25/50 lbs heavy at the end then short. Go from $20,000 of which $15,000 might be profit to a loss on the weekend of time and $$$. Anyway that’s racing I guess 

Here is a post from the Matt Sheppard Fan Page on Facebook....

Last night at Fonda we had a awesome finish to find out we were light at the end of the 200 laps.  It was our mistake no excuses and we will move on to the next race. Thanks to my crew for all the hard work and fans for supporting us. See you at the Outlaw 200.🏁

Classy post in my opinion.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Here is a post from the Matt Sheppard Fan Page on Facebook....

Last night at Fonda we had a awesome finish to find out we were light at the end of the 200 laps.  It was our mistake no excuses and we will move on to the next race. Thanks to my crew for all the hard work and fans for supporting us. See you at the Outlaw 200.🏁

Classy post in my opinion.

We dont have the time for a classy post from Matt lol. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, macho said:

We dont have the time for a classy post from Matt lol. 

Isn't that the truth....lol

8 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Isn't that the truth....lol

yeah, classy doesn't fit with the Sheppard haters. move along, nothing to see here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinjason said:

yeah, classy doesn't fit with the Sheppard haters. move along, nothing to see here

Excuse me Sir, where does the line start to kiss his ass?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, valleyfan said:

2nd paid $20K and he’s listed as a DQ which I’m assuming means either no money or maybe last place money. 

Well let's see now, if it was SDW 200, they'd DQ him but pay him $10K anyway,